Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Did they actually say something? We absolutely can't allow russia to annex another bit in the middle of europe and then threaten everyone with noooooks if we don't let them fly in a ton of mobiks and military equipment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

beer_war posted:

So Transnistrian "separatists" are going "help us, Mother Russia, we are being oppressed by the Moldovan homonazis". Seems familiar.

How can Russia help them? Moldova has one tiny port accessible outside of the Russian breakaway zone that is only accessible via an inlet, and any approach by air would have to either pass over EU/NATO countries, which are closed to Russian aircraft, or Ukraine, which will just result in more pilots and crew joining the brotherhood of eternal flight.

About the only 'support' they could offer is terror bombing with missiles and drones.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The_Franz posted:

How can Russia help them? Moldova has one tiny port accessible outside of the Russian breakaway zone that is only accessible via an inlet, and any approach by air would have to either pass over EU/NATO countries, which are closed to Russian aircraft, or Ukraine, which will just result in more pilots and crew joining the brotherhood of eternal flight.

Monke at his long table, furiously spinning in his chair and flinging poo poo at a map of Eastern Europe. That's how their path will be determined.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1762804938982215989?t=rbK2WhsaqYzpsrlsAQ5TFw&s=19

Thread needs a title change.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

quote:

Despite a technical malfunction, the missile missed its target and crashed in a field.

putin's russia: mission successfully failed

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
It's kind of a poo poo cruise missile if the launching plane has to fly into enemy airspace to launch it. Isn't the whole idea behind cruise missiles to launch them from very far away?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ukraine's air force extends its kill streak to 10 Russian planes in 10 days

quote:

Ukraine announced on Tuesday that it had brought down its 10th Russian fighter jet in as many days.

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine wrote on X that it had shot down a Su-34 fighter bomber in the eastern direction. It didn't elaborate on the exact location or how it was shot down.

"Oops, we did it again!" it wrote on X.

"Another Russian Su-34 fighter-bomber was destroyed by Ukrainian warriors in the eastern direction. And now it's 10 destroyed Russian planes in 10 days!" it said.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
it seems another Russian awarding ceremony was visited by HIMARS

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The_Franz posted:

About the only 'support' they could offer is terror bombing with missiles and drones.

By answering the call of the Transdnistrian government, Putin can fabricate a motive to launch a new front around Odessa. Although he is practically a modern tsar who can reign without impunity, he still feels it necessary to motivate his actions to unite the populace. Russian propagandists will spread the story through TV and Russians will believe the new front is needed to protect those poor remnants of Soviet history.

(I'm just looking forward to seeing the Black Fleet destroyed by a country without a functional navy.)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dictators have to be more neurotic about legitimacy and bling and show wars (which this was intended to be initially and completely failed) than democratic peeps, not less. an actually-democratically-elected leader gets a huge lump of legitimacy from the election and therefore doesn't have to worry about bling

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

malder posted:

By answering the call of the Transdnistrian government, Putin can fabricate a motive to launch a new front around Odessa. Although he is practically a modern tsar who can reign without impunity, he still feels it necessary to motivate his actions to unite the populace. Russian propagandists will spread the story through TV and Russians will believe the new front is needed to protect those poor remnants of Soviet history.

(I'm just looking forward to seeing the Black Fleet destroyed by a country without a functional navy.)

He has had an infuriating ability to remain standing after every internal power struggle, some real spinning plates on sticks skills. Granted someone toppling him would likely lead to internal civil war with tacnukes floating around, I'm not sure how this situation would be either equally worse or actively worse.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1762890493115990277#m
Surprise! here's another award! :troll:

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If a pretender to the throne is able to gather the support of all the security services and the army, it will not be chaotic. Otherwise, it's back to the clan wars of the nineties.

The former is, of course, never going to happen.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Has anyone tried telling the transinistrans “war bad”?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

tweeting their embassy as we speak :haibrow:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Has anyone tried telling the transinistrans “war bad”?

*insert Unknown Technology gif* :downsowned:

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Romania would let Russia use its airspace for troop transport into Moldova? They wouldn't be able to fly that deep in Ukrainian territory, right?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Blistex posted:

"Whatever MiG-15"

<said in thick ignorant MAGA accent>

What's MiGma?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Migma nuts no put that welder away this instant.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

hazardousmouse posted:

What's MiGma?

Hot burning slava best buried underground.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Vaginaface posted:

Romania would let Russia use its airspace for troop transport into Moldova? They wouldn't be able to fly that deep in Ukrainian territory, right?

They can't even fly over their own territory...

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Karate Bastard posted:

Migma nuts no put that welder away this instant.

diy vasectomy

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

bob dobbs is dead posted:

dictators have to be more neurotic about legitimacy and bling and show wars (which this was intended to be initially and completely failed) than democratic peeps, not less. an actually-democratically-elected leader gets a huge lump of legitimacy from the election and therefore doesn't have to worry about bling

Not just from the election, but institutional legitimacy from the office itself. Even the worst President or Member Of Parliament or whatever is still in that office and thus has a whole line of "this is how we organize things, whoever is in this slot is the one that manages things" behind them. A dictator doesn't have anything but "I strong!!!", which is a very weak source for legitimacy.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol I never knew this. Monster and Rockstar stay winning I guess.

https://redbullgivesputinwings.com/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Rockstar is owned by Michael savage’s nephew

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

Rockstar is owned by Michael savage’s nephew

Not anymore, Pepsi owns it now

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think he actually gave a poo poo about NATO (look how terrified we are, we'd never invade), that was just an excuse for idiots and he just wanted to invade and annex Ukraine

Ding ding ding. It keeps coming up as a legit talking point though, even though it isn't.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dwesa posted:

The fact that this has happened N times and just keeps happening really puts emphasis on that "we are lucky that they are so stupid" image.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Dwesa posted:

What’s Russian for “This meeting could have been an email”?.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr Teatime posted:

What’s Russian for “This meeting could have been an email”?.

:blyat:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
This meeting ended up as shrapnel

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Dwesa posted:

"I said it sounds like he's just feeding Russian awards ceremonies to Ukrainian HIMARS operators and then the Pro-Z milibloggers started crying."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh how many times do I have to say. You didn't "bomb the award presentation", you just didn't do your best. Resending this for future reference.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We circled back on the award ceremony

Edit: we need to circle back on the circle backs

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Do you mean like a succession of concentric circles?

Or should we put a big X on that idea?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
you find where "back" is written on the idea, and circle it.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I think it's ok in this case to make an exception for the fact that everyone involved received a participation award just for being there

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

It only went to the front for a propaganda video, doesn't count any more than when Putin went imo

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

As incredibly unlikely as it is, I don't think I'd stop laughing if Moldova successfully held a surprise referendum for (re)unification with Romania to throw an enormous NATO-shaped spanner in the works. Bonus points if it's announced midway through Monke's pointless blathering.

How does one have a surprise referendum? Does the government secretly go to everyone's house in the middle of the night and ask them what their vote is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EasilyConfused posted:

How does one have a surprise referendum? Does the government secretly go to everyone's house in the middle of the night and ask them what their vote is?

You just announce that 100% voted for it