Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Tbf, Wonka's factory is described as a large imposing brick factory with smoke stacks etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Also "the elder" is now Wonka canon.

Or is he saying "the unknown", which the script describes as an evil chocolateer nemesis that lives in the walls?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's "the unknown" spoken with the local accent.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The General posted:

Air Canada also tried to claim they're not responsible for what any of their agents say. :allears:

Candy canes are the worst and have no place in a land of whimsy. They are the poo poo candy from the times before good candy was invented.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Thesaurus posted:

Or is he saying "the unknown", which the script describes as an evil chocolateer nemesis that lives in the walls?

He's Wonka's horribly deformed older brother who watches him with a mixture of both jealousy and affection and ultimately saves his life at the cost of his own when there's a fire. That's what the new movie is about.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Candy canes are the worst and have no place in a land of whimsy. They are the poo poo candy from the times before good candy was invented.

I have no problems with a good minty stick. But I do agree, most other candy is much much superior.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

The glaswegians are out of control

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I still don't get "why"

It has to be an extremely lazy attempt at a tax writeoff or money laundering. The "House of Illuminati" (that loving name, come on) could not have been organizing this in good faith, with the idea that it would somehow be a success

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/Jimllpaintit/status/1762875496780509525?s=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Thesaurus posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I still don't get "why"

It has to be an extremely lazy attempt at a tax writeoff or money laundering. The "House of Illuminati" (that loving name, come on) could not have been organizing this in good faith, with the idea that it would somehow be a success

Grifter magical thinking. "If I produce enough C O N T E N T the money will flow to me!" so they poo poo out as much garbage as possible without thought of things like value and pretend that they're running a business empire.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

House of Illuminati produced plenty of real solid A-tier content with this one, it's just not the kind you want reputation-wise

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i'm the teddy's unfortunate Situation

I was so busy being terrified by that teddy bear's fat lips down below, that I didn't notice a hand growing out of its cheek!

:stonk:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Specifically according to the actor playing Willy Wonka, he's called "the Unknown" because nobody knows his name. Deep lore-building.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The evil chocolate man who lives in the walls

Imagine, if u will, adopting this format for a children's faire in Re-Form

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Struggling to decide whether the name "Willy's Chocolate Experience", "Willy McDuff and the Wonkidoodles", or "The Unknown, a magical chocolate maker who lives in the walls and doesn't want kids to clean their rooms" is funnier. It's a tough race.

https://twitter.com/shockproofbeats/status/1762859599558742172?t=30O6XxiTfEf7-vfn1g1vYQ&s=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Actually his role in the show was to scare the living poo poo out of a bunch of kids lol

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6T_iW97do

Craig is back as Wonky Willy

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Capitalism. Not even once.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

People are just gobbling up this Wonka fiasco, though it's already getting old seeing it pop up somehow in like every other thread.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

This is glorious.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Actually his role in the show was to scare the living poo poo out of a bunch of kids lol

This cast has 100 percent had to work shifts at haunted houses is my guess and somehow this gig was infinitely worse lol

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

https://x.com/shockproofbeats/status/1762850543074976101?s=20

Thesaurus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 28, 2024

naem
May 29, 2011

ElectricSheep posted:

isn't this just how they talk in Scotland though

e:f,b

“Oy! You Lad! D’yeh want sum *HIC* Encherining and *BELCH* Catgacating Entertainment, wot with s’m cartchy tuns and *UNINTELIGIBLE* exarserdray lollipops?”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol that even the weird AI script has people looking at each other apprehensively

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bicyclops posted:

lol that even the weird AI script has people looking at each other apprehensively

I love how the script has audience responses for like every line. Did they pass them out to the audience as well? Were they also expected to memorize it in 12 hours so they knew how and when to respond?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

The final battle between Willy and the unknown sounds pretty legit, tho

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

JossiRossi posted:

Capitalism. Not even once.

There are two different Oompa ladies, that tweet is just really bad and assigns one to the other

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

AcidCat posted:

People are just gobbling up this Wonka fiasco, though it's already getting old seeing it pop up somehow in like every other thread.

The Facebook pages have news agencies from everywhere asking for people to weigh in

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol they made a bunch of kids cry and created publicity for a bunch of struggling actors with their scam so now it's lighthearted international news

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"What do you get when you rip off kids?

Cops come in and beat you with sticks.

What do you do when the workers are sad?

Make them feel shame and threaten their dads.

I don't like the sound of it"

That's all I got

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I bet that poor Oompa Loompa had to tell the kids (somberly and deadpan):

:geno: “Hey, kids, watch me make candy.” :geno:

*pours vinegar into baking soda*

:geno: “Ta daaaa.” :geno:

She probably thought she was gonna clean up on tips when her boss at the event staffing agency asked if she wanted to bartend at the Wonkaland event.

Edit: nvm, it was worse than that for her. I got to the interview.

Bored fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 28, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

This would have at least looked better if they crammed all the props and acts into a single room.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
somewhere there's a warehouse with the big candy models. they should have just sent the people there and let them rummage around in a prop shop

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Jesus christ that's grim

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Thesaurus posted:

The final battle between Willy and the unknown sounds pretty legit, tho

AI script: LIGHTNING STRIKES THE GROUND AS THE 20,000 FOOT TALL FACE OF GOD EMERGES IN A SHOWER OF SPARKS

Event manager: here's a stick, improvise

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Dashcon ball pit and the Wonka Piss Table.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I really want to know how much money was paid to people to organize this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Is there a word for these types of poo poo shows that bring everyone together so we can collectively laugh? Like Fyre Festival and the Submarine. And that goon who was going to walk the entire US. Seems like the French would have a word for it.