Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

just in time for Valentine’s Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon's the kind of guy who wants the street cred of using arch without having to actually learn how to properly set up an install so I'm guessing manjaro KDE edition with AUR turned on (to install chrome) and he probably gets VERY defensive in private over both the manjaro team's big list of fuckups over the years and the fact it's not "really" arch but elon IS an arch user in spirit if not fact

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Two weeks late lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rudeboy Detective posted:

elon's the kind of guy who wants the street cred of using arch without having to actually learn how to properly set up an install so I'm guessing manjaro KDE edition with AUR turned on (to install chrome) and he probably gets VERY defensive in private over both the manjaro team's big list of fuckups over the years and the fact it's not "really" arch but elon IS an arch user in spirit if not fact

Too dorky didn't read

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ubuntu too ethnic a name

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
x in your face

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Watching a magician complain about his exes and illegal immigrants before doing the worst slight of hand you've ever seen. Everybody hoots and hollers in amazement and the stock price soars

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

thathonkey posted:

finally a tesla model that can reliably vaporize an entire crosswalk worth of pedestrians from any angle

Based, this is America, people who walk are ftl

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

God Dammit I was going to make an arch joke

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
the haert animation is extremely impressive. elon's doing things no other company can even conceive.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

How would a car with rocket thrusters even be considered an EV

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is this the design for the roadster they started taking preorders for in 2017 and still haven’t even released any photos of that’s supposed to be released this year? Or is this for the next version of the roadster? :laffo: running out of lies so just making lies as sequels for existing lies

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1762890812965200064

now we're talking

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is this the design for the roadster they started taking preorders for in 2017 and still haven’t even released any photos of that’s supposed to be released this year? Or is this for the next version of the roadster? :laffo: running out of lies so just making lies as sequels for existing lies

yes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bryan Danielson > Elon Musk

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

a.lo posted:

The thrusters will shoot out cool lightning bolts and each one can be detached and used as lightsabers. The car will also be able to fly as high as you want without stalling and can briefly serve as a spacecraft if you go so high you reach space.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

the milk machine posted:

finally a sports car that's twelve feet wide and six feet long

Hearing that the wheels will all be on 360 degree casters, so this should be doable. The driver's seat will be on a rotating platform with drive by wire, so you can always face the direction of travel (the iPad will still be glued to the dashboard though)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Despite its name, the Roadster is actually a four-seater with a removable glass roof, not the traditional two-seat convertible body style that most people associate with the term "roadster." When it was first unveiled as part of the Tesla Semi reveal event in 2017, the Roadster had some pretty mind-boggling figures attached to it. Tesla stated a massive range of 620 miles, while the time to 60 mph was quoted at as little as 1.9 seconds, and the top speed was said to exceed 250 mph. Now, Musk is saying the Roadster will achieve a 60-mph time of less than one second

Tesla originally advertised the Roadster as starting at $200,000, with the 1000 Founder Series Launch models priced at $250,000. Reservation books are open now and require an immediate $5000 credit card payment with a $45,000 wire transfer payment due within 10 days. The Tesla website says deposits are refundable but does not list a total price for the Roadster.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Despite its name, the Roadster is actually a four-seater with a removable glass roof, not the traditional two-seat convertible body style that most people associate with the term "roadster." When it was first unveiled as part of the Tesla Semi reveal event in 2017, the Roadster had some pretty mind-boggling figures attached to it. Tesla stated a massive range of 620 miles, while the time to 60 mph was quoted at as little as 1.9 seconds, and the top speed was said to exceed 250 mph. Now, Musk is saying the Roadster will achieve a 60-mph time of less than one second

Tesla originally advertised the Roadster as starting at $200,000, with the 1000 Founder Series Launch models priced at $250,000. Reservation books are open now and require an immediate $5000 credit card payment with a $45,000 wire transfer payment due within 10 days. The Tesla website says deposits are refundable but does not list a total price for the Roadster.

Love the car

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon is saying the tesla roadster will have a system that reduces the surrounding air pressure by as much as 35%, enabling a genuine revolution in personal transport and the world economy

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
lmao rocket thrusters

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

UFOTacoMan posted:

lmao rocket thrusters

COLD GAS THRUSTERS thank you

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

you can still call it an electric car if the rocket fuel is only used for the thrusters

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elon is going to destroy that guy with his Ketamine Boxing Style

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

God Dammit I was going to make an arch joke

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
mods please rename me Cosmically Impotent

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The "we're putting rockets on a Tesla" tweet can't be real. There's no way

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1005577738332172289?t=j4kUP5D6Azg_TcqSzWkudQ&s=19

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wow flying car announcement.. that’s the kind of news you can only get on X

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

rocket thrusters can only but improve braking

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

a.lo posted:

rocket thrusters can only but improve braking

they thrust backward to stop the car faster, duh

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Ever see The Expanse? Well, Elon did.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

the word "maybe" will lift more than any tesla rocket ever will

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just picturing what happens to any nearby pedestrian or other vehicle when it’s broadsided by the amount and strength of air fired from a jet propulsion system needed to influence the movement of a multi-ton object like an EV or hit by any small debris caught in the release such as pieces of glass and small rocks typically found on a roadway

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Feb 28, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

a.lo posted:

Obviously just going to chuck on 10 ion engines. Sure the thrust is ridiculously low, but if your car somehow ends up in space it will slowly let you make your way to Mars!

Giving the power for people to make their way to Mars the people. Smart.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nice 2018 tweet

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Just picturing what happens to any nearby pedestrian or other vehicle when it’s broadsided by the amount and strength of air fired from a jet propulsion system needed to influence the movement of a multi-ton object like an EV or hit by any small debris caught in the release such as pieces of glass and small rocks typically found on a roadway

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/846768171486855169?t=GkucuVYiCyWihWd0M-fW7g&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mordiceius posted:

Nice 2018 tweet

that's when he first said the roadster will have rockets. today he said the roadster will be a tesla/spacex collab and will go 0-60 in <1 second and will be unveiled this year. it's in the Xeets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
only the dumbest loving people in the world would hear something can go 0-60 in under a second and say "that sounds like the hallmark of a useful machine" and not understand they'll forget to hit reverse one time and drive out the front door of their house before they can realize what they did