Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shyduck posted:

Here's a link to the full report card. You have to click on the team names for detailed information

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

F- for treatment of families from four teams seems like huge unforced errors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1762874867404210638?t=JfpPmvy8Sbx2uqAYu649GA&s=19

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Intruder posted:

Across the board only 8 Teams get an A or B grade. Teams that get good family grades offer a family room of sorts on gameday and provide daycare on gamedays.

Patriots do neither! Which is crazy.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 28, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Further reason to fire Harbaugh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

soggybagel posted:

Across the board only 8 Teams get an A or B grade. Teams that get good family grades offer a family room of sorts on gameday and provide daycare on gamedays.

Patriots do neither! Which is crazy.

The Patriots one makes more sense when you consider the lengths Brady went to in order to avoid spending more time with his family :v:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fartknocker posted:

Who was the player who got caught basically trying to set up a yacht orgy years ago? I think it might have been Shady McCoy…

I mean who amongst us hasn't tried to set up a yacht orgy, right goons

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Seahawks being middle of the road is about what I expected but it does really sound like they need some bolstering of staff/facilities. Firmly in "it's not necessarily bad, but it could be better" territory.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://nflpa.com/new-orleans-saints-report-card-2024

How in the gently caress do the Saints get an F for food service? Is it all lucky dogs catering in the cafeteria?

They're also ranked 22nd out of 32 for nutritionist/diet despite getting a B- grade.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently a thing with the Patriots is they'd wait until the end of practice to post the next day's schedule, keeping players from being able to make plans to spend time with their families.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not every team had a treatment of families ranking. Seahawks don't for some reason.

Also, the ownership question wasn't present in last year's survey, glad they're asking now (not that much would happen).

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

The Phillip Rivers rule

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Gonna be wild when the Chiefs dynasty is revealed to actually be carried by Steve Spagnulo's defense.
I mean like, yeah.

Bob Sutton was so drat bad at the end but the creative pressure generation and falling into a pile of useful DB's has been the real key.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ayudo posted:

They're also ranked 22nd out of 32 for nutritionist/diet despite getting a B- grade.

Yeah in some stuff you'll see "97% of players rated this aspect positively" (13th place). It's just a sample size thing, I think.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Look.

They had Philip Rivers and Antonio Cromartie at the same time

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cant believe the only HC to treat their players worse than Bill Belichick was Josh McDaniels.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Chargers players basically eating lunchables huh. Didn’t expect them to be 32nd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Spanos

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Looks like Hunt promised to renovate the locker room then...didn't. I'd be pissed too.

Arrowhead is kind of on its last legs. They need to build a new stadium or gut it

edit: lmao guess what Clark did today

https://twitter.com/Shauncore/status/1762873004931817814

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 28, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

Looks like Hunt promised to renovate the locker room then...didn't. I'd be pissed too.

Arrowhead is kind of on its last legs. They need to build a new stadium or gut it

edit: lmao guess what Clark did today

https://twitter.com/Shauncore/status/1762873004931817814

Lol

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBy_1Hukdak

Combine will be streamed for free here.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/PJGreenTV/status/1762943702446579993?t=9DOK1Dt0un6IuhB2IocVcw&s=19

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

How do you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on player salaries and then piss them all off by not spending a hundred bucks to have a babysitter watch their kids on Sunday?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sono posted:

How do you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on player salaries and then piss them all off by not spending a hundred bucks to have a babysitter watch their kids on Sunday?
Because capitalism. The players are playing for them and paying for the childcare, arent they? So why not make them pay if they are willingly doing so?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Because capitalism. The players are playing for them and paying for the childcare, arent they? So why not make them pay if they are willingly doing so?

Plus there’s no better way to teach those young whipper snappers how to pull themselves up by their cleatstrings.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers players know tepper is a fraud

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1762878183072784562?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I would expect every player would always prefer actual turf over artificial grass. I have nice artificial grass in my backyard, but I’d never want to play a competitive sport on it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

I would expect every player would always prefer actual turf over artificial grass. I have nice artificial grass in my backyard, but I’d never want to play a competitive sport on it.

Yes but think of the Noah Kahn shows….

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: That is the weirdest poo poo. What was the point of that statement?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lifespan posted:

So George Bluth Sr. can put his head in his hands and say I have the worst loving lawyers

edit: btw, before we take that survey from the NFLPA as gospel truth, less than 30% of players responded.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 29, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Hunt family should be tarred, feathered, buried, and pissed on in a way that makes no one happy

Irritated I have to add that last bit, but it must be said

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

I admire his ability to go out there and say this insane poo poo on camera like it’s just any normal Wednesday morning. I would have started cracking up or just left about two sentences in.

I… assume the defendant demanded he say this? It’s even funnier if the lawyer wrote this up and thought it would be beneficial in any way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts look like they have a bunch of issues that can be easily addressed, so hopefully they do that.

Like come on, they let the staff sit in the bigger seats in the plane instead of the players? Dumb and easy to fix!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm going to guess the list of owners that never asked the county for money looks like thus:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ayudo posted:

https://nflpa.com/new-orleans-saints-report-card-2024

How in the gently caress do the Saints get an F for food service? Is it all lucky dogs catering in the cafeteria?

From what I understand, it's mainly because they don't serve three meals a day. They only serve breakfast and lunch.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fat Jesus posted:

I'm going to guess the list of owners that never asked the county for money looks like thus:

Jed York technically never asked Santa Clara for money, he just scams us out of taxes and charges the city fake fees, while pushing hand picked candidates onto local ballots so he can collude with the people who are supposed to hold him accountable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

The Hunt family should be tarred, feathered, buried, and pissed on in a way that makes no one happy

Irritated I have to add that last bit, but it must be said

Lamar Sr was okish as far as I know other than fathering Lamar Jr?

I don't understand Clark Hunt being such a cheapskate towards the team itself, I know almost all owners are just going to ask for handouts from the city as a matter of course to bring in more fans which is this new billion dollar ask (which I don't believe he's going to get). But building a decent locker room and having a nutritionist who...shows up to work more than once a week, and maybe hiring a few more strength coaches and trainers is like nothing for him and seems like it'd be pretty easy to do. Spring for their own hotel rooms for everyone who travels with the team, that's easy. And just movement in that direction would make him slightly less hated by the players I would think.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Clark Hunt is vanilla ice cream that came to life. He is a bland, uninteresting human being who looks like he has never been forced to develop a personality or ever held a conversation that wasn’t taking place because the other party was in awe of his money.

The way he carries himself, speaks, and interacts are all just clearly manufactured bullshit and it doesn’t surprise me that his entire organization is run by spreadsheets that say spending money on comfort for the workers is a waste. I do not like him or really any member of his family. I hope he and his LEGO hair gently caress off forever.

And take your flat rear end daughter too.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Clark Hunt is vanilla ice cream that came to life.

Why you gotta disparage vanilla ice cream like this?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Watch it be a room with a bunch of scales

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey hey they have a weight room. It's just in the middle of the indoor practice field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Browns weight room will be akin to the Clown Motel. People will go there and pump iron and eat raw meat for 3 days. Lifting anvils. Barbells. Etc;etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBJaTtF7XI