Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why wouldn’t the humans just use EMPs to disable the sentient cars?

Elon has the only working EMP and he set the voice activated detonation code to the N word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

kachow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The MSJ posted:

Elon has the only working EMP and he set the voice activated detonation code to the N word.

Elon making something that works? Strains credulity friend

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

If this was true he would have set it off already.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Any Musk emp would explode and kill every nearby human while doing nothing to machines

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

If this was true he would have set it off already.

Like Optimus Prime in Dark of The Moon, he is willing to let millions die to make a point.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is Cars a stealth Maximum Overdrive sequel?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The dark sci fi implications of Pixar's Cars

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://x.com/worldofreel/status/1762314339673927941?s=46&t=eFxsX3F-zUDCk7B7nYxn-g

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Not a pairing I would have thought of but it's perfect.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

galagazombie posted:

I’d kill to have a recording of the meeting during the production of Minions where someone’s eyes go suddenly wide in horror and bolts up straight from their chair and exclaims “But what about Hitler?!”

I like to think there was more evil person alive at the same time but because the minions interfered their plans failed and nobody remembers them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1762569369597456797?t=Qun3aAouAZOhAq8EuECweQ&s=19

Definitely wouldn't surprise me if this was accurate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I made a joke about what if Harry Potter had Minions instead of house elves, but was assured that I'm not making Harry Potter better, I'm just making Minions worse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

make them oompa loompas to really hammer in jk's latent colonialism

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would prefer they not do this

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1762912106700034118?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Leslie Nielsen was one of a kind

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Liam Neeson is a good choice, but I just fundamentally doubt anyone knows how to make a comedy any more.

Maybe I'm out of touch? What are the top 3 comedies of the last ten years? Talladega Nights, Walk Hard, and Pineapple express came out in ... :skeltal:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Frank Drebin’s gonna call Nordberg the n word.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Comedy movies are essentially dead

I think this had been rumored as a project in development awhile ago but it kind of got forgotten

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Isn't that the dream casting CineD has been passing around for years?

I say try it. I get their names mixed up all the time anyways.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Theres quite a few good comedy TV shows, so good comedy writers still do exist!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Comedy movies are essentially dead

I think this had been rumored as a project in development awhile ago but it kind of got forgotten

Didn't Anyone But You just make a ton of money?

A Neeson Naked Gun could work if it's a spoof of modern cop movies instead of Dragnet or whatever the original was a spoof of.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 28, 2024

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Crow reboot has gone full Suicide Squad Joker

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Nipple Eye, I found his weakness
Nipple Eye, he'll do what I please
Nipple Eye, no time for sweetness
But a bitter kiss will bring him to his knees

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lol oh god

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Akiva Schaffer and Liam Neeson are good choices, the latter especially with the name recognition, so I will try to be cautiously optimistic. Definitely all hinges on whether they include a Weird Al cameo.

I’ll say that no matter what, this is exponentially better than the abandoned attempt with Ed Helms would have been.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Come And See posted:

Isn't that the dream casting CineD has been passing around for years?

I say try it. I get their names mixed up all the time anyways.

There's a 100% chance of their similar names ending up a meta joke in the film.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
loving cackling at that nipple-eyed tattoo.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Stayne Falls posted:

There's a 100% chance of their similar names ending up a meta joke in the film.

If there ISN'T some sort of meta joke about their names I'd be disappointed

Like name his character Fred Drubbin or something at least

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tars Tarkas posted:

Now this man, *puts on shades*, lives in a society

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m glad I’ve never cared about The Crow

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zack Snyder David Ayer is the blueprint.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Zack Snyder David Ayer is the blueprint.

If this were true he’d be a dia de la muertos cholo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Liam Neeson is a great choice though. Just like how Nielson was a drama guy before he went to comedy, Neeson has the chops to do that. And the times we've seen him do comedy have been fantastic. And I think Shaffer's only miss has been The Watch. All his other movies are loving hilarious. I could watch Hot Rod a million times and not get tired of it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I love Hot Rod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUrLn1FFCA

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah I just saw this clip of Liam Neeson doing comedy in the recent Ted show, he seems good for it

https://x.com/ImJustMeAbel/status/1762917086337073437?s=20

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Liam Neeson is a great choice though. Just like how Nielson was a drama guy before he went to comedy, Neeson has the chops to do that. And the times we've seen him do comedy have been fantastic. And I think Shaffer's only miss has been The Watch. All his other movies are loving hilarious. I could watch Hot Rod a million times and not get tired of it.

Yeah, people forget that Nielsen's performances in Airplane and the Police Squad series were serious as could be and the humor came from wordplay, timing, and visual gags. I think that people think of the later Naked Gun and his later performances where he really leans into mugging for the camera.

Like if you want to see Nielsen in a serious performance that's not for laughs, I'd recommend looking into Nuts. It was only a year before the first Naked Gun movie and probably his last serious role.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't think the concern is casting Liam Neeson, it's the *gestures at everything else*

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The only serious role I've ever see him in is Forbidden Planet

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah Liam Neeson serious acting is a bit different than Nielsen, so even though they are both great a deadpan I think you'd really want to write the jokes for them a bit different.

Not that that's a bad thing. No point doing a remake if it's exactly the same, the original still exist and all that. No doubt it could work, it's just a matter of if they can get the script right for it.

I just hope they don't pack it with really long fart and poo poo jokes like some of seths movies. While a bit of that can work, and certainly the Naked Gun movies had their share, you do want other stuff as well. Naked Gun movies were great a lot just because of the insane frequency of jokes the could pack in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

A sequel to TMNT: Mutant Mayhem is in development with the original director returning, and it has been scheduled for an October 9th, 2026 release

https://www.ign.com/articles/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutant-mayhem-sequel-gets-fall-2026-release-date

Apparently there is a TV series based on the movie with the same voice actors of the Turtles coming out on Paramount+ this summer