Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Fuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did Larry make it into the will?

Seriously tho, what a loss, I’m glad he got to make it into the last season of curb.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sudden windfall for LD.

It's almost as if Lewis held on long enough until the episode with the bit about him putting Larry in his will aired.
Golden rule of comedy, it's all in the timing. .

:smith:

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

drat that sucks

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
As dark as it is now, "when are you gonna die?" remains one of the funniest moments in Curb history.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I would’ve had a colon contest with him. RIP to a great one.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

panko posted:

I only knew him from curb but he kicked rear end in it, especially twenty years ago before he got gaunt. the brunt of his career was before I was born but if he was in an episode it was likelier to be funny than not. rip to a real one.

he played Prince John in Men in tights. i don’t know how well that holds up today, but he was funny and good in it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFplIl7hhkw

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Rageaholic posted:

Richard Lewis died :smith: RIP. He's always been funny in Curb.

Did he know he was terminal and make this skit? Or didn’t they film it before and wait to air it once he died?

Sad either way. Curiosity peaked.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Queer Grenadier posted:

Did he know he was terminal and make this skit? Or didn’t they film it before and wait to air it once he died?

Sad either way. Curiosity peaked.

Yeah, did Lewis have good Parkinsons or bad Parkinsons?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Saw this pic and LOL’d.

Richard and Larry at the playboy club. I have no idea what year, but look at LD’s big head of hair!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSI1nwke530

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Man he was cool, talk about an inspiration. Especially to all us anxious people out there.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

jeez. rip richard. what a sad day.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sad. Glad he got to be in the final season.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richard Lewis was always funny. If people never checked out his stuff before Curb then it's worth doing so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I’ve only seen him in Robin Hood Men in Tights other than Curb and constantly be referenced by other comedians. He seemed like one of those comedian’s comedians.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
He died on Gilbert Gottfried’s birthday. What an rear end in a top hat

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'm gonna re-watch season 5 in richard's honor. some people don't like that season but they're wrong

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBDRHTM4MM

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18tQf1z6HE

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i'm gonna re-watch season 5 in richard's honor. some people don't like that season but they're wrong

Who? That's the best season.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1763085287242998105?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

There are lots of great YouTube clips out there of Lewis’ standup career.

I haven’t gone looking yet, but I remember HBO airing a standup show in the late 70s, with several comics doing short sets.

I remember seeing Kaufman on there, I think it was the first time I ever saw Jim Carrey, and I think Lewis was on a couple of them too.

His manner of speaking never failed to make me LOL. It’s like he was constantly interrupting himself with another thought or a different way to put it, and it always made me laugh.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can’t explain why but the funniest Lewis delivery to me is when he finds out Jon Hamm is playing a movie character based on Larry and he says “What’s the movie? The Biggest rear end in a top hat Who Ever Lived?”

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can’t explain why but the funniest Lewis delivery to me is when he finds out Jon Hamm is playing a movie character based on Larry and he says “What’s the movie? The Biggest rear end in a top hat Who Ever Lived?”
lol

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Sorry to hear about Richard. The good news is, Larry's still alive

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There are a million clips of Richard Lewis in Curb on my Twitter timeline and they are all loving hilarious.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

kiminewt posted:

Sorry to hear about Richard.

Things you normally don’t expect to hear from goons

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

kiminewt posted:

Sorry to hear about Richard. The good news is, Larry's still alive

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Third episode is strong, but I feel like we’ve got to see Leon’s balls at least once for that gag to land.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

jeez. rip richard. what a sad day.

He never did get his kid, did he?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

that's one of my favourite episodes! Jon Hamm is amazing in that

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

mcmagic posted:

There are a million clips of Richard Lewis in Curb on my Twitter timeline and they are all loving hilarious.

It's like when Norm died. It's this weird combination of sad and funny at the same time.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://x.com/harryhew/status/1763255441042051551?s=46&t=DPAZGva0MqEin1jSO1y2kw

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I remember seeing Richard Lewis on Just For Laughs when I was like 12 or something, and thought he was pretty funny even if I was too young to get most of the jokes. When I first started watching Curb a few years ago I was like "Hey, I remember that guy" and he proceeded to be one of my favourite parts of the show.
RIP

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/2/24088403/the-nixed-wwdc-larry-david-video-is-back-on-youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpdtn2Zotw

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol that apple of all people spent money on the most unhinged curb episode and didn't even air it

then again they gave me a U2 album I didn't even want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

no snacks for blacks