Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Sunk Dunk posted:

we're due for a new classic BOTW

im a gambling man and i feel it in my bones the next wheel is gonna HIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Sheen Sheen posted:

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1762912106700034118?s=46

…you know what? I don’t hate this idea. After thinking about it, I guess the Lonely Island guys are the closest thing to the successors of the Airplane/Naked Gun/etc guys

Are they gonna bring back OJ?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1762970866126581972

Lol wasn't this game just reported being in development only last week?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

They keep cancelling half made Star Wars games. It's weird, it's not like it's a quality control thing judging by anything else Star Wars related.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

CaptainBeefart posted:

Are they gonna bring back OJ?

In a twist on the classic joke, instead of spending the movie getting comically beaten up by accident, he will spend it brutally murdering people by accident.

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Sheen Sheen posted:

…you know what? I don’t hate this idea. After thinking about it, I guess the Lonely Island guys are the closest thing to the successors of the Airplane/Naked Gun/etc guys

There are few things I want to watch less than a Lonely Island / Seth MacFarlane Naked Gun reboot.
SNL/Family Guy humor is going to follow up Zuckers' masterpieces? Tall loving order.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

There are few things I want to watch less than a Lonely Island / Seth MacFarlane Naked Gun reboot.
SNL/Family Guy humor is going to follow up Zuckers' masterpieces? Tall loving order.

They should have let the Impractical Jokers guys make it imo.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Sheen Sheen posted:

the writing staff:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

gently caress yeah cinema is finally dead

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol wasn't this game just reported being in development only last week?

I thought this was the 3rd person game they already released gameplay of and was really surprised. But I actually never even saw the announcement of this one. Lots of game companies are firing people the last 6 months.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I unironically love this show to pieces and yes, I would marry it if I could.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Stink Billyums posted:

the writing staff:

The South Park bit that the writers are all manatees but for real

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Stink Billyums posted:

the writing staff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhg8wjldQ9Q

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The Broken Lizard Tacoma FD cast could do a good Naked Gun reboot.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sheen Sheen posted:

ZAZ are all still alive

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bounce TV continues to deliver. Watching 16 Blocks with Bruce Willis and Mos Def.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

ZAZ are all still alive

No thanks on David Zucker

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Making my way through a re-watch/listen of re:View and it's still weird Jay doesn't think Freddy Got Fingered was on purpose. He seems like the one that would get that more than anyone in the crew.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

The separatists have no identifiable politics because they are completely devoted to a secret sith lord, and they're completely devoted to that sith lord because ???

So it all makes sense, you see

A story as grand and tragic as the fall of a galactic republic and the Jedi Order desperately needed some equally grand and tragic catalyst. But instead we got some cartoon bad guys who were mad about taxes… I guess, and also slavishly devoted to some shadowy Sith Lord they only knew from a hologram and his weird old man apprentice… for some reason. Oh and Anakin was worried that his wealthy wife would die in childbirth in the midst of the technological splendor of the galactic capital ecumenopolis. It all reads like some sort of comedy setup.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 29, 2024

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Stink Billyums posted:

the writing staff:

lol yeah, I’d be on board for the idea but Seth McFarlane’s involvement pretty much guarantees that it will suck. Just an endless spiral of winking at the camera and running one or two good jokes into the ground.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

jazzyjay posted:

When I was a kid I thought the clone wars were going to be lots of important people being replaced by clones and who knows who go trust and main characters fighting clones of themselves but who is the real person and what is identity anyway and maybe clones are people too? SO GLAD IT WAS JUST SEA MONKEY STORMTROOPERS INSTEAD

in a disgusting revelation about myself, this is what the books hinted at long before the prequels. It was the first Zahn trilogy with the goofy luuke/joruus poo poo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
New Hope is the only good Star Wars. Every sequel and prequel since it was a naked attempt to cash in on the original whole peeling its skin off to stuff with bullshit. It was clearly a standalone movie, it didn't need any followup and any follow-up could only dilute what was once good stuff. Starting off with a horseshit retcon somehow sold as a great twist really set the tone for everything else to come.

If they had left Star Wars alone we would've had one really incredible fantasy space opera fable that would inspire countless others to explore other ideas and imaginations. Star Wars discussions wouldn't stain conversations finding different ways to describe how star wars sucks and what scrappy nuggets of corn they picked out of the pile to keep them going.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched "american movie" (1999 dir. chris smith) at the alamo

a documentary about a milwaukee man trying to make an independent short film with friends and family over the course of several years. big clerks + fargo vibes. laugh out loud funny; it's hard to believe it wasn't scripted. but also, it made me mad because this fuckin guy was 30 when he finished his film, with nothing but a packers beanie and a dream, so what the gently caress am I doing

highly recommended to any rlm lovers, if there are any in this general youtube content thread (it is *not* about the making of space cop btw)

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

it's alright, it's ok, Jesus told me so

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

I’m liking this highbrow cinemasins

but enough about RLM

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kalel posted:

a documentary about a milwaukee man trying to make an independent short film with friends and family over the course of several years. big clerks + fargo vibes. laugh out loud funny; it's hard to believe it wasn't scripted. but also, it made me mad because this fuckin guy was 30 when he finished his film, with nothing but a packers beanie and a dream, so what the gently caress am I doing

highly recommended to any rlm lovers, if there are any in this general youtube content thread (it is *not* about the making of space cop btw)

Yea, that's a really fun documentary to see. It was a bummer when Schank passed away a few years ago, he seemed like a chill dude.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Fans of American Movie should check out Driver 23 and its sequel The Atlas Moth

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

seconding its inclusion in the required viewing list for rlm fans, it is the quintessential alcohol-soaked portrait of midwest mediocrity and filmmaking failure

yesterday i watched the endurance, mike’s stated favorite documentary, and today i learn its narrator is to be the new frank drebin in what will inevitably be a pathetic embarrassment to everyone involved. will probably watch michael collins next to get some more of that delicious irish accent

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched "The Devil All the Time" and it was pretty stupid but boy did it have a lot of Robert Pattinson doing a silly accent, which is all I can really ask for from a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxVEEzrtCjo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When are they going to make another drat pattman film anyway. The people are dying for more super heroes

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

No Mods No Masters posted:

When are they going to make another drat pattman film anyway. The people are dying for more super heroes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LanceHunter posted:

Obligatory repost of his Derry Girls spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwFTvzRyug

I love this one. That show just kills me. Uncle Colm, lmao. Also the granddad. drat I’m gonna just binge watch it again.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Give me the unease and chaos of a Safdie flick and I’ll be onboard with a Naked Gun reboot

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

kalel posted:

watched "american movie" (1999)

Honestly on rewatch I feel like a lot of it is scripted, there's too much that feels augmented and written. Still a great watch though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All you people who play Framed every day, Vulture's got a new one that's fun:

Vulture Cinematrix No. 3: Feb 28, 2024

I got 9/9 Correct
Score: 2505

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Play at:
https://vulture.com/vulturecinematrix

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
:what:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
you know if dune 2 had come out in the 90/00s we would have had a pepsi blue water of life tie in

real missed opportunity there by pepsico

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i miss staring back at yoda while sipping on a can of pepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1762918667270914147?t=uPKh1JwFxQEI5xgb0YWllA&s=19

Stay tuned for The Empire Strikes Again (2026) and The Jedi Returns (2027)