Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Funso Banjo posted:

Can retriggers stack? Can a card retrigger more than once?

Boy can they. The highest scoring decks have all been abusing glass cards and retriggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Funso Banjo posted:

I believe they only stack additively (e.g. a joker that retriggers a red seal card = 3 triggers total rather than 4) but yes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Funso Banjo posted:

Yes. Using Red Seal and Hack as an example, you'll play the card, then Hack will play it again, then Red Seal will play it again, then Hack will play it again off of Red Seal. Edit: I think. Maybe. I'm not 100% sure on that. poopocracy knows more about this game than me and says it's additive.

Pairing this kind of stuff with multipliers like Glass Card is how you get to the point where the game has to do scientific notation to keep track of your score.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I get a lot of downtime at work and I'm working from home today, pretty sure the release of a mobile version is going to cause an irl recession with how ideal this game is to play at work

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They'll call the economic downturn "Black Monday" because of all of the people that'll be fired while trying to get past either the Black Deck or Black Stake.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

sweet loving jesus i hate purple stake

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

By the way, this doesn't work.

Don't ask how I found out.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I just got a win with a very fun nebula deck which featured:

A foiled Supernova
A Castle I bought at the very start which I got up to 280 chips
A holographic Burglar
And a Baseball card

This is all on top of having my two pair up to level 12, which was doubly good before I sold my sharp card on the verdant leaf. I have some remorse about that thinking back on it because I probably could have played the debuffed cards anyway and made up for the chips just with the Castle and foil, but that didn't occur to me until afterwards...

Also I will always get rocket whenever possible. I bought one after the first round and took it all the way to ante 7, which allowed me to have a massive re-roll spree at before the final boss.

This is also the first time that I've gone for the ankh, because I was always spooked by having one less hand and I didn't see the benefit of going back an ante, but I went for it this time because it gave me three extra rounds to cultivate my castle and make even more money with my rocket.

Anyway time to get my penis flattened by endless mode

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Elman posted:

Yeah, that's only 'played' face cards. You need Mime to combo with Baron.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

I get a lot of downtime at work and I'm working from home today, pretty sure the release of a mobile version is going to cause an irl recession with how ideal this game is to play at work

Have they confirmed they're doing a mopbile version? That would be rad. No ETA I imagine?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Elman posted:

I thought this did work? Doesn't SnB trigger steel face cards twice?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Color Printer posted:

I thought this did work? Doesn't SnB trigger steel face cards twice?

SnB is played, Mime is in hand.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Red seal doesn't care where the card is and will trigger it twice regardless, but most jokers specify held or played cards only.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

Red seal doesn't care where the card is and will trigger it twice regardless, but most jokers specify held or played cards only.

Yeah I thought it might work like a red seal so I tried it anyway. It was the "all jokers are eternal" challenge so I had to reset.

In other news, vampire + vagabond is absurd. Sadly I got this combo in the Typecast challenge so I can't buy the blueprint:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Has anyone seen Black Hole or The Soul twice in one run? Cause it looks like the game prevents that happening.

Also it looks like they have a .3% chance of showing up in planet or tarot packs, respectively

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Has anyone seen Black Hole or The Soul twice in one run? Cause it looks like the game prevents that happening.

Also it looks like they have a .3% chance of showing up in planet or tarot packs, respectively

I pulled Soul twice in a game pretty recently.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

roffles posted:

The ghost deck feels a bit like a monkey's paw. I have this awesome Hex card but the joker draw is either terrible or i dont have money and so far i either blow it on a lovely joker or hang on for it too long.

That's why you keep pressing R to reset if you don't get a good initial joker from the shop/skipping blind

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how many people don't know you can hold R to restart with the same deck and stakes

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Listen to me.
Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot be.
Never let anyone tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.
It's all an illusion.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

That's why you keep pressing R to reset if you don't get a good initial joker from the shop/skipping blind

Thank you for pointing out this is a thing, I've been doing it through mouse clicks like some sort of fool.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Game likes to troll so hard sometimes

Got a polychrome egg so I couldn't really sell it. Then it gave me the joker that adds mult based on sale price of jokers to the left, making it awkward to get mult from the egg...

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Listen to me.
Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot be.
Never let anyone tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.
It's all an illusion.

I know one thing that will...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I love it when I get that little guy early :3:

(Green Joker and Fortune Teller weren't too bad either, at +41 and +59 respectively.)

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

jjac posted:

I think I'd have to sell the "all cards are face cards" joker right there. :<

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Game likes to troll so hard sometimes

Got a polychrome egg so I couldn't really sell it. Then it gave me the joker that adds mult based on sale price of jokers to the left, making it awkward to get mult from the egg...

I've gotten eternal eggs, negative popcorn, polychrome soda... the game does it on purpose i swear.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Another Green Stakes down, this time for the Blue Deck. Two things special about this one:

- Had a very weird combination of Satellite and Vagabond where I was working to make as much money as possible during the Blind and then spend it all immediately in the shop. Eventually the money acceleration ran so far out of control that I just had to accept being rich for the rest of the run and sell Vagabond.
- Was slowly accumulating Wild Cards all throughout the run, so went and grabbed the 5 Wild Card Flush achievement in the postgame. Only Steam achievements left to grab that aren't about pure progression through challenges/Gold Stakes are the big deck and little deck ones.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relyssa posted:

I've gotten eternal eggs, negative popcorn, polychrome soda... the game does it on purpose i swear.

Ah yes. One extra joker slot for +1 hand size and also -1 hand size

Perfect.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Infinitum posted:

Ah yes. One extra joker slot for +1 hand size and also -1 hand size

Perfect.

I mean hey, it's a bonus to Swashbuckler and Abstract!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Defeated by the vessel. drat. Madness was up to 9x that run.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Color Printer posted:

i've gotten black hole multiple times in a run where i was boosting constellation by snap buying every planet pack i saw

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I was misreading what I was looking at, turns out it was it can't show up twice in the same pack unless you have Showman. Then it can if you nail a 0.3% twice :v:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I will forever be chasing the high of having a negative Midas Joker, plus the one where all cards are considered face cards, and a holographic vampire with a blueprint next to it. It's taste will never leave my mouth and it's sweet nostalgia will drive me to madness

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

jjac posted:

Naw, I'd just play my cards left to right. Splash means they all will play, and basically my whole deck was modded.

I couldn't take that build into endless, really, but it was never in even a little danger from the main run.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you use eternal jokers to game the system of spectral cards that destroy all other jokers so that it tries to destroy them but can't? or does that actually still destroy them?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jossar posted:

I mean hey, it's a bonus to Swashbuckler and Abstract!

Speaking of Swashbuckler, I just discovered that getting the "reduced shop prices" voucher ends up reducing its multiplier, since the voucher also reduces joker sell prices. Bit of a bummer there, but oh well.

Cavauro posted:

can you use eternal jokers to game the system of spectral cards that destroy all other jokers so that it tries to destroy them but can't? or does that actually still destroy them?

Yes you can!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I continue to have extremely dumb Balatro runs.

drat we got close to some REAL DUMB BULLSHIT

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 29, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cavauro posted:

There is absolutely no way to be rid of eternal jokers once you have them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

great. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

After 30 hours I'm getting kind of tired. I hope they keep adding stuff.