Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hollismason posted:

I mean I don't think I need to volunteer in my home state and I think Michigan is more important.

i mean i live in PA so ill volunteer where i live even if i think its gonna go biden/casey.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I was driving around in a wealthier area today and was struck by the fact that there's a primary election in less than 3 weeks and there's zero Trump signs anywhere.

Now, back in 2016 and 2020, when I drove around this area, I swear there was Trump signs everywhere, and there was one particular house that was fully Trump'd out with a giant Trump flag as a centerpiece to it all. That house has some "Route 66" bullshit, but no Trump (maybe a different person lives there now).

Seems weird, don't know if it means that Trump's lost support or if it just means people who support Trump and are affluent are quieter about it now.

:lol:

i live in a chuddy area and i see way way less of them now. like certain houses outside my neighborhood i see some but way less. I used to see a bunch where i live but none now. obviously we are still far out but i only saw like 3 oz signs and 1 mastriano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I can't believe the migrants would do this.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh no, at that rate Texas will run out of football fields in only several decades.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Batterypowered7 posted:

Could be the reptilians

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Could be the reptilians

Homo-Marxist reptilians?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There's gotta be a better portmanteau than Homo-Marxists.

Homarxists maybe?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Ted Cruz jumps into action!

Quick, to the CancunMobile!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The funniest option is if Trump manages to punt all these cases until after the election, loses, and then they all come crashing back just as Biden is doing victory laps.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Aramis posted:

Homo-Marxist reptilians?

Just point me in their direction and I’ll bring the flowers. Bout time I got hitched

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

is homo marxism a stepping stone toward full gay space communism or are there theoretical differences?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did they try raking the prairie?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
How many football fields are there in Texas?!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Raking the prairies and forests have no effect against the Jewish space lasers, and Joe Biden’s ability to control the weather

:shepface:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

HopperUK posted:

One for every man, woman, child, and steer, amen

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

HopperUK posted:

1 but its very big

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grey Cat posted:

I'd pay good money to brand my face on Trump's haunches.

Point of order: to ensure your face was properly branded on the haunches, you yourself will have to gaze upon it. Upon the bare Trumpass.

Mine eyes cannot fathom such a curse :lmao:

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Wow wierd how this suddenly happened

And from Russia you say?

Real puzzler as to who is possibly behind this, Gee I just don't know

Fully expect some additional documents to end up in the dump, just to muddy the waters.

HopperUK posted:

As they say, Texas is full of steers & queers, and both go whole hog(the non-Hunter Biden hog) into the football programs, so a lot :lol:

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

I just remembered...

Whatever happened to all of Giuliani's 2020 election fraud whistleblowers who signed AFFADAVITS(!!!). Were they given any penalties when their wild accusations were disproven over and over and over? I mean, they signed affidavits...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Bottom Liner posted:

1 but its very big

17776 fan spotted

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Aramis posted:

Homo-Marxist reptilians?

Or, better known by the more common name: Interior Crocodile Alligator.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Why are you telling us this? Am I suppose to care? Is anyone suppose to care? Okay that's not fair Canada had fires that made the air bad where I live and that sucked so maybe this will make the air bad somewhere that matters.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Wisconsin recorded a tornado in February for the first time this year. Also it dropped 41 degrees between yesterday and today, another first.

:waycool:

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

cr0y posted:

The funniest option is if Trump manages to punt all these cases until after the election, loses, and then they all come crashing back just as Biden is doing victory laps.

imo this isnt said enough in this thread, and in a way its probly the most likely outcome LOL

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Have the Texans tried shooting the fire yet?

Oh, they have...and it didn't work. Welp I'm out of ideas.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Asterite34 posted:

SO what I'm gathering here is that the SCOTUS court date is kind of a good sign, because it's unlikely for a number of reasons they're gonna rule in his favor, and if they were going to just do this as a pure delaying tactic they could have slow-rolled this WAY more than they currently are?

e: like it's worse than them just saying "LOL gently caress no we're not hearing this, this is dumb" because it DOES cause some annoying delay, but it's not the worst case scenario

It was dumb for them to even take it in the first place, even if they probably think they'll come out looking "non-partisan" by ruling against Trump

Because no loving way would they rule in his favor because at that point, Biden might as well just drone strike Trump Tower and MAL. Hell, if Trump hypothetically does win a second term, there is a non-zero chance that Trump would still send all of them to the loving firing squad for something petty

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I was driving around in a wealthier area today and was struck by the fact that there's a primary election in less than 3 weeks and there's zero Trump signs anywhere.

Don't worry, they'll come roaring back in the general election. Nobody is concerned about Trump's performance in the primary.

I life in FL and I have no doubt the boats in nearby marinas are going to be replete with flags soon enough.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Lets see, floods, drought, plague, hellfire, rivers of (migrant) blood...what's the locust situation like currently? You would think christian evangelicals would get the message at some point but nope, God King Trump the anointed one is their new golden idol saviour.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sedgr posted:

Lets see, floods, drought, plague, hellfire, rivers of (migrant) blood...what's the locust situation like currently? You would think christian evangelicals would get the message at some point but nope, God King Trump the anointed one is their new golden idol saviour.

Dunno about locusts, but there's a rare double-brood of cicadas due this year.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A full eclipse down there pretty soon as well.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Sedgr posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/14/climate/global-warming-locust-plagues.html
Rising temperatures could expand the area of the globe under threat from crop-devouring locusts by up to 25 percent in the coming decades, a new study found, as more places experience the cycles of drought and torrential rain that give rise to biblical swarms of the insects.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

cicadas might gently caress around with trees but locusts are the ones that eat crops.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Sedgr posted:

The Bible Belt is the most tornado-plagued place on the planet. God just keeps sending message after message after message and getting told to piss off, so he's sending bigger and bigger messages.

Gabriel himself could come down in a storm of eyes and wings, drive a sword into Old Faithful and set off Yellowstone supervolcano while deafening everyone in a 1,000 mile radius with his words of rage against evangelical christians, and they'd just start a new religion to justify their heinous beliefs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Dunno about locusts, but there's a rare double-brood of cicadas due this year.

broods xix and xiii don't overlap that much though, so not quite a plague of locusts

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Joe Biden wins immunity from supreme court and then drives a monster truck into all their houses.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

https://ak2.rmbl.ws/s8/2/F/J/f/d/FJfdq.caa.mp4?b=1&u=ummtf

Guess what he's mad about here

it's people saying he mixed up Melania and Mercedes

The best way to convince people you don't care about something is to jabber about it on social media. Goddamn you'd think Trump of all people would know the rules of trolling.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Total Party Kill posted:

Joe Biden wins immunity from supreme court and then drives a monster truck into all their houses.

Sir, in this scenario may former presidents have special rings so Biden and Obama can bump fists like Shazzam and summon a genie of pure immunity to vanquish their foes?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Batterypowered7 posted:

I love how they couched this in language they knew Texans would care about. Burning through 150 housing developments per-minute? Nah. Burning through 150 elementary schools per-minute? gently caress no. Football fields? Goddamn absolutely.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Suspekt Device posted:

I just remembered...

Whatever happened to all of Giuliani's 2020 election fraud whistleblowers who signed AFFADAVITS(!!!). Were they given any penalties when their wild accusations were disproven over and over and over? I mean, they signed affidavits...
The affidavits were largely worthless because they attested to trivial facts (some workers wore rhinestones...like, okay???) or included outlandish conclusions about mundane observances ("I saw the poll workers pull out all these bins, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN SOURCED FROM SOROS!!!") that are easily explainable by the fact that this how it's normally done. So huge numbers of affidavits could simply be disposed of as not perjury because they were uttered by idiots who aren't lying, they're simply expressing their profound stupidity. The lawyers who relied upon them ended up getting the shaft, with sanctions and attorney's fees being levied against them, as well as disbarment proceedings against the original Kraken krew.

MechaX posted:

It was dumb for them to even take it in the first place, even if they probably think they'll come out looking "non-partisan" by ruling against Trump

Because no loving way would they rule in his favor because at that point, Biden might as well just drone strike Trump Tower and MAL. Hell, if Trump hypothetically does win a second term, there is a non-zero chance that Trump would still send all of them to the loving firing squad for something petty
The weird thing is that in presenting this case, it does present an odd situation about when you can appeal a denial of a motion on immunity that has no perfectly squared on basis in statute, so there's a stupid law nerd thing going on that is the reason for the delay because under normal circumstances you'd get slapped down and then you'd have to wait until after the trial to assert your defenses on appeal. So the fact this is even at the appellate level now presents its own stupid legal quandary that is of no interest except to law professors looking to pad their resumes with smug law review articles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sedgr posted:

Oh goody! That means Jesus is coming! But we need more blood and fire first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

deoju posted:

Wisconsin recorded a tornado in February for the first time this year. Also it dropped 41 degrees between yesterday and today, another first.

:waycool:

Yesterday it was 73 where I lived in Illinois. I woke up and it was 22, and it topped out at 34 around 3pm.

Climate collapse is going to be wild.