Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I've never recommended it to people I know would like it because every episode opens with a 3-minute skit that seems to only be funny to Brace and Liz.

the funniest TrueAnon has ever made me laugh is one of Brace's random offhand jokes about how he's "hitting the surf" or something like that, I forget the ep. I've tried showing it to people and nobody gets it, not that theres anything to get. I just have Belden brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

my bony fealty posted:

the funniest TrueAnon has ever made me laugh is one of Brace's random offhand jokes about how he's "hitting the surf" or something like that, I forget the ep. I've tried showing it to people and nobody gets it, not that theres anything to get. I just have Belden brain.

the first successful Belden Program graduate

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gf approved: brace, liz, matt, fka alice
gf disapprove: amber, will, male TRASHFUTUREs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

The best host on trashfuture and well there's your problem has changed her name to November of all things. I wish her luck in having a stupid loving name and glad I no longer share one with her.

Did she just get tired of jokes about all trans women being named Alice?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

yes, yes, yes, sever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
virgil was the only chapo my partner liked lol

and felix i think

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

game recognize game

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Gripweed posted:

November is an astrology hippy name. She's gonna get into crystals and vegan beetroot brownies

It's cottage core time baby

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's a fantastic podcast.

It does make me wonder. For the Americans - does having an accent like they do lead people to believe you're dumb or uneducated? How do people usually deal with this? Do they affect a northeast accent when they are trying to enter a profession?

lol no

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
no in america accents are mostly policed for racism reasons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if trillbillies operated out of boston i'd think they were retahded

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mawarannahr posted:

gf disapprove: amber, will, male TRASHFUTUREs

I don't really like her, but you really should call her by her stupid name and not the former one

Telluric Whistler posted:

November is an astrology hippy name. She's gonna get into crystals and vegan beetroot brownies

It's cottage core time baby

I wouldn't expect an adult Muslim convert to go that route but maybe she'll convert to something fitting

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gripweed posted:

Listen here motherfucker it's a perfectly nice name. If I ever meet a trans man computer toucher named Bob well be a natural duo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

I don't really like her, but you really should call her by her stupid name and not the former one

I wouldn't expect an adult Muslim convert to go that route but maybe she'll convert to something fitting

I haven't listened to anything where it's mentioned so the only person who has told me is you. need some more sources before I commit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

does Islam have a magical subfaction like Kaballah?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Gripweed posted:

does Islam have a magical subfaction like Kaballah?

sufi

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
my wife only likes Felix

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One of my more interesting podcast moments was when my friend's friend suddenly revealed he's listened to Blowback (and he's definitely not a chapo/etc listener). So that show at least gets some exposure outside of normal "leftist podcast listeners."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nobody i know has ever admitted to listening to similar podcasts as i do, just how i would never admit to listening to the podcasts i do

"so who did you go see at the comedy club last night swears?"

"fuckin'...uhh, it was a panel. a showcase"

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
felix is finally as fat in real life as he has sounded on the mic this whole time

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

I haven't listened to anything where it's mentioned so the only person who has told me is you. need some more sources before I commit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5scB5Jb_Y6s

1:52 - 2:16

Before and after is just normal WTYP, listen or don't, but it's her voice and her podcast.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dalmuti posted:

felix is finally as fat in real life as he has sounded on the mic this whole time

hm... source?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
go watch the hasan stream my dude

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

go watch the hasan stream my dude

he's not even live

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

I originally thought Will's voice was Felix's appearance.

I thought both Felix and Matt were Matt's appearance. I'm not sure who I thought Will's appearance was.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i shant be watching any stream

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dalmuti posted:

Disheartening

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

Well iirc she's a drinker and does a lot of other Haram behaviors - which is fine, I know plenty of bacon loving Jews. November contains multitudes, many contradictory, so I see no issues with her next move is becoming trad or getting into beetroot and spirulina.

Or maybe she'll get into Tengrism or Manichaeism, IDK

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

When my wife drives we listen to true murder. When I drive we listen to war nerd.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

his guest spot on the Guys rockabilly ep was good for this sorta thing

"Instead of Lovers Lane, you're taking little Susie to the B-B-B-BONE YARD"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

since clowning is coming back in comedy, anyone know any good clown podcasts?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'd simply change my spouse's mind with the infallible science of Marxism but you do you

my arab bride hates america more than you can imagine so therefor i am allowed to listen to any podcast id like, including those with terrible slurs. as we are both Based Marxist type Radical Class Reductionists who are well above the culture war and wokeism. its that easy folks.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

my arab bride hates america more than you can imagine so therefor i am allowed to listen to any podcast id like, including those with terrible slurs. as we are both Based Marxist type Radical Class Reductionists who are well above the culture war and wokeism. its that easy folks.

age gap?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Trabisnikof posted:

since clowning is coming back in comedy, anyone know any good clown podcasts?

https://podcasts.feedspot.com/clown_podcasts/

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Smythe posted:

:haibrower:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Telluric Whistler posted:

Well iirc she's a drinker and does a lot of other Haram behaviors - which is fine, I know plenty of bacon loving Jews. November contains multitudes, many contradictory, so I see no issues with her next move is becoming trad or getting into beetroot and spirulina.

Or maybe she'll get into Tengrism or Manichaeism, IDK

weird post

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Nothus posted:

You have to have a very specific kind of internet brain damage to like listening to Brace

This is how I would describe Felix. Brace never really makes internet reference gags, and I feel like if you only knew him through his pod, and didn’t know he was a poster, he would almost come off as a Luddite (ignoring that he’s, ya know, a podcaster)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I've never recommended it to people I know would like it because every episode opens with a 3-minute skit that seems to only be funny to Brace and Liz.

it's funny to me too, sorry you don't get all the in-jokes i have with my close personal friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Xaris posted:

is that because he gave her feedback on an essay she wrote when she was 17?