Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Forrest on Fire posted:

I don't know if it translates or not, but Penix has the single ugliest release I've ever seen. It's this weird slingshot release. Is that a mechanics issue that has to be ironed out, or will Penix just have a totally unorthodox release in the pros?

I don't think Penix's mechanics are that bad, it just looks way worse than it is because lefty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s an odd release for sure but he gets good results with it.

Seems like modern nfl cares less about the “proper” release than if it gets good results.

See: Rivers, Philip

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I don't think Penix's mechanics are that bad, it just looks way worse than it is because lefty

https://x.com/thorku/status/1760691571685458184?s=20

This video will give a much better perspective.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

My perspective from that video is that he’s deadly accurate and especially handsome

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I always like Ringer Draft guide if only for the "shades of" comps.
https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1762553963671367808?s=20

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Diva Cupcake posted:

That vivaldi accordion is incredible.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I love it too but it is also kind of inconsistent.

Like for Mitchell, Danny has been mentioning on the podcast repeatedly his super speed and yet Mitchell doesn’t have the speed icon.

The most useful icon is the dawgggg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Now I'm convinced Nabers is better than MHJ

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Radio interviews happened today and Brian Callahan was asked about strategy and he said "all things being equal, I want the guy who scores touchdowns" so Titans may be leaning Nabers/Odunze over best available OT after all.

For reference, this is also how the Bengals ended up with Ja'Mar Chase.

Unless they don't see these top guys as equal, I suppose.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Now I'm convinced Nabers is better than MHJ

Arizona should definitely take Nabers at 4

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Steve Smith said Nabers is 1b, and the line is not as big as people want to think.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Relevant draft news.

In Peter King's final column ever as a writer for NBC and Football Morning In America,

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/fmia-nfl-peter-king-retirement-its-time?cid=fmiatw

Let's the Chaos begin.

These kind of reports always seem to exaggerate how much the Bears could get. Like, is trading up from 2 to 1 worth a high 2nd (34th overall) AND a future first for Washington? No way. Draft value calculators show that the 2nd and 34th picks combined are worth about 5% more than the 1st overall (or in other words a balanced trade would have the Bears giving Washington back like a 4th at least - so Bears get 2 and 34, Washington gets 1 and whatever the Bears 4th round is). Throwing in their 2025 1st would be insane. There's no way that Washington should take that unless they are 100% confident that the only QB of value is Caleb, and that he is going to hit no matter what.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 27, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/_RyanFowler_/status/1762584873921859908?s=20

..Saints?

https://x.com/_RyanFowler_/status/1762545840139161802?s=20

Kneeland and Hutchinson would be so nasty.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Due diligence in case he starts to fall I assume. Also don't forget that there are multiple upcoming FA QBs that signing probably means you're out on taking a QB in the first round.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Steve Smith said Nabers is 1b, and the line is not as big as people want to think.

Ignoring that he's constantly right I agree with him just because Nabers release off the line is way faster than MHJ against off coverage. He also takes better angles off that release than MHJ but it's just nitpicking they're both amazing prospects.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

A man named kneeland who played in Michigan is destined for the lions and I know nothing else about him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Western is in the toilet right now so I haven’t heard anything about that guy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Asproigerosis posted:

Combine was relevant up until the era of widespread televised games and internet. They should retool it to focus on small schools and lower divisions who for all intents and purposes still exist in that pre internet world where there is no tape on them or national exposure.

In the NIL era small school kids get picked up by bigger schools so that pool is going to shrink as well.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

Radio interviews happened today and Brian Callahan was asked about strategy and he said "all things being equal, I want the guy who scores touchdowns" so Titans may be leaning Nabers/Odunze over best available OT after all.

For reference, this is also how the Bengals ended up with Ja'Mar Chase.

Unless they don't see these top guys as equal, I suppose.

It’s an interesting comparison, both the 2021 bengals and 2024 titans are coming off of seasons where their QB play was drastically effected by terrible OL play, both teams had a good but not spectacular guy in Higgins / Hopkins at WR already…hell if you really want to stretch it a bit both teams had drafted OL in the first round the draft prior (Jonah Williams and Skoronski).

If the bengals took Sewell there one has to imagine they put him at LT, Jonah Williams was mediocre at best in his first season but never really got any better even when the pieces around him improved.

I think the titans spot now is a little different if only because the bengals didn’t have a single positive starter on their OL leading up to free agency. I think they signed a center and guard in FA. The titans have one positive piece in Skoronski, and a few pieces that you don’t see as entirely negative in Brunskill and some of the depth guys. It’s really just the left tackle slot that was a total abomination. There are multiple centers and right tackle options to be had in free agency that will be upgrades from aaron brewer and probably from Chris Hubbard, who I wouldn’t hate to have back either tbh. And while NPF and Radunz have both been bad, they’ve also had horrible OL coaching their entire tenures and were frequently getting shuffled between positions. Maybe Callahan can get one of them to be at least workable but I doubt either can hang at LT regardless

I think any of the big four we’re hoping are available will be a good choice at 7 assuming they don’t try to trade down. Odunze would still be my last choice but any of the alt/fashanu/Nabers crew would be awesome, immediate impact guys. I’m still going tackle if I’m the one in charge but only because there’s not going to be a good free agent left tackle available (you’re looking at Jonah Williams as maybe the best option available and he isn’t good), nobody is trading a guy worth starting, and I think the likelihood of having one of the second or third tier of tackles available at 38 is slim. You’re probably looking at what, sumaiata (spelling is wrong I’m sure), maybe Jordan Morgan and for sure Patrick Paul? Idk, I think any of those three guys could be developed into good starters but I doubt any of them are walking in as a positive starter at LT on day one, not that they should be expected to, but the play there was so bad it basically torpedoed the entire 2023 season from jump

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 28, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Green had a great season, curious where he gets drafted.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DF/status/1762564092592570643?t=tOb8gIX2-LmyX1XXiGavEA&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I need more FSU DBs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1762918789748830417?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Talking for several minutes without saying anything at all. It's definitely the offseason!

Daniels seems cool and good but his highlight reel will look a little different throwing to perhaps the literal slowest pass catching corps in the NFL behind a dogshit OL. 31 year old DeVante Parker isn't getting behind the defense for 60 yard bombs, nor will Daniels have time to hold the ball long enough for that play to develop. God this roster sucks so bad lol

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBy_1Hukdak

Combine will be streamed for free here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Docjowles posted:

Talking for several minutes without saying anything at all. It's definitely the offseason!

Daniels seems cool and good but his highlight reel will look a little different throwing to perhaps the literal slowest pass catching corps in the NFL behind a dogshit OL. 31 year old DeVante Parker isn't getting behind the defense for 60 yard bombs, nor will Daniels have time to hold the ball long enough for that play to develop. God this roster sucks so bad lol

This just gives me a little extra hope that the pats decide to take MHJ or Nabers to throw the draft into chaos

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

IcePhoenix posted:

This just gives me a little extra hope that the pats decide to take MHJ or Nabers to throw the draft into chaos

I think they are a prime trade.down candidate could sidering their roster sucks and they need as juch as possible. Some team might be willing to give. Ahaul for maye/daniels

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I hate trading down for NE because the top of this draft seems so loaded. Like you aren’t only passing on a QB if you go down to 11 or 12. You are also passing on elite receiver, tight end, tackle talent. Feels like a trap to me. But I also know literally nothing about the 2025 class so maybe it is worth :iiam:

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
The QB class appears real bad next year so it might not be the time to pass on one or trade down with the idea that you can just get one then

Fine if you plan to sign one of the veterans I guess

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Next years draft is all the Ohio State guys that went back now that big bad Jim is gone, all of the Texas guys that went back because they believe in Ewers for some reason, Benjamin Morrison, and Travis Hunter. Also James Pearce who would prob be Edge1 this draft and LSU's oline. QB is dire. You got like Conner Weigman and Ewers, maybe Sanders might show something who knows. Whoever has a chance at the top 3 QBs this year probably would want them over Jaxson Dart and Carson Beck.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sanders is going to be really interesting to watch next year. Could go either way.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Appreciate the immediate feedback my goons

Prepare your bodies for New England Patriot Daniels (or if poo poo gets weird Maye) :dealwithit:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

New Kiper. Biggest weirdness looks like Latham going OT#1 to the Chargers https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dr...2-picks-qb-fits

And Odunze before Nabers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think that’s both Zierlein and Kiper with Latham as OT1. That’s interesting.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

I think they are a prime trade.down candidate could sidering their roster sucks and they need as juch as possible. Some team might be willing to give. Ahaul for maye/daniels

If next year's draft is meh does trading the first not matter as much?
Could Chicago give NE Fields plus pick nine plus next year's 1st for pick 3?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

DickEmery posted:

If next year's draft is meh does trading the first not matter as much?
Could Chicago give NE Fields plus pick nine plus next year's 1st for pick 3?

No

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I still don’t understand why draftniks think Fautanu is better suited as a guard rather than a tackle. Idk maybe he is but I think he’d be a good tackle too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At the moment I think Fautanu is the Ravens' best shot for a major fix to the O-line. Starting caliber LG that can be assessed as an LT Replacement for Stanley.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I made a post about getting names confused but it was me in fact who got the names confused :lol:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

At the moment I think Fautanu is the Ravens' best shot for a major fix to the O-line. Starting caliber LG that can be assessed as an LT Replacement for Stanley.

He’d be great for Baltimore!!! One purple team to another.

As far as I can tell the only reason draftniks think Fautanu should switch to guard is because he’s 6’4” and most of the other tackles are 6’6” to 6’8”.

Maybe that matters but maybe it does not. Fautanu has decent arm length so that doesn’t strike me as a big issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/brentsobleski/status/1763214885142302759

This man spends all his time in the playbook, has not read a single other thing.

went up on my board.