Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Varkk posted:

Comedian Leigh Hart is a chud.

Didn't we already know this? Or at least that he's a complete dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think everyone knew he was an rear end in a top hat, and he lives in Epsom, so it stands to reason. Anyone want share the specifics though, for those who don't subscribe to Farrier's newsletter thing?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Varkk posted:

some tweets about great replacement and anti trans stuff, then when asked about it by farrier he deleted his Twitter and said gosh yes must have been hacked

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Great news everyone, National have a plan to deal with the housing crisis in a few decades!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Grim reminder that any of us can literally just drop dead at any moment and you should go hug your loved ones.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

I've got twaxter blackholed. What does it say?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

I've got twaxter blackholed. What does it say?

Auckland mayoral race: Paula Bennett confirms she is eyeing mayoralty

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

i woke up this morning convinced that i had dreamed this tweet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm honestly not sure if she'd be worse than Wayne

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

She'd be worse.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
My decision to leave auckland keeps paying off.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm honestly not sure if she'd be worse than Wayne

She's got all the bad poo poo that Wayne brings but also she's big in the pocket of property investors and real estate business so she'll try to dismantle or weaken the new densification rules in favour of more greenfield sprawl which A) sucks really bad for quality of life and B) is cheap to build for investors but costs Council an arm and a leg to provide infrastructure to.

She's also a huge "one more lane" carbrain. At least Wayneo rides a bike to work so sees first hand the value of cycle infrastructure, even if he doesn't believe the council has any role in driving mode shift.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Wayne seems like you could at least conceivably convince him on some points if you had the right data and presented it the right way

Bennet has the hungry eyes of an ideologically pure FYGM predator unconstrained by rationality

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Wayne seems like you could at least conceivably convince him on some points if you had the right data and presented it the right way

Bennet has the hungry eyes of an ideologically pure FYGM predator unconstrained by rationality

This

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

voiceless anal fricative posted:

She's got all the bad poo poo that Wayne brings but also she's big in the pocket of property investors and real estate business so she'll try to dismantle or weaken the new densification rules in favour of more greenfield sprawl which A) sucks really bad for quality of life and B) is cheap to build for investors but costs Council an arm and a leg to provide infrastructure to.

She's also a huge "one more lane" carbrain. At least Wayneo rides a bike to work so sees first hand the value of cycle infrastructure, even if he doesn't believe the council has any role in driving mode shift.

Wayne seems to like public transit even if he's a dipshit who thinks trains are obsolete technology

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
With all these councils putting out their draft rates increases, has anybody put the whole country in context? Like, what is Auckland compared to Christchurch and Wellington and other cities etc?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

quote:

Newshub, one of the key media companies in New Zealand, is to close its newsroom in New Zealand on 30 June, multiple sources have told RNZ.

Staff are in the midst of an emergency meeting now to hear the news.

It is owned by global entertainment giant Warner Bros Discovery which also owns eden, Rush, HGTV and Bravo.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/510391/newshub-to-close-down-newsroom-in-june-sources-say

I'm sure this is the sign of a healthy fourth estate that isn't beholden to profit incentives and which remains fully capable of holding public and private institutions accountable to truth and transparency while also promoting informed public debate through their unbiased coverage of local and global events.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Varkk posted:

Ya, his socials are quite well curated towards That Guy lols but every so often the mask slips

There’s also a curious amount of ‘this post has been deleted’s following this one

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
that soldier loving WISHED he could be a cute puppy boy on some instant gratification camera manipulator device. MFers were in gallipoli looking up at the stars and dreaming of growing their hair out and filming their best cute boi face for 1000 of their closest female acquaintances. they died for this leigh. you are spitting on their sacrifice

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oh man they captured my grandpa exactly, how relatable - faceless and american.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

War is very manly and badass.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Holy crap newshub is done.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
melissa lee's time to shine lmao

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://x.com/NapierinFrame/status/1762610764001767850?s=20
lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i would like to propose that you don't continue to invest in australia television

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Can't we compromise and just have news and current affairs segments integrated into mafs episodes and presented by the cast?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The Block is basically the TV version of those news articles sponsored by the Property Investors Association.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

The Block is basically the TV version of those news articles sponsored by the Property Investors Association.

Didn't the main guy go into bat for loving Bunnings or whoever and extol the virtues of engineered stone tops shortly before they got banned?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Look I'm willing to sacrifice a few workers lungs for a cheap benchtop.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Saros posted:

Look I'm willing to sacrifice a few workers lungs for a cheap benchtop.

cheap???

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

I'm also willing to sacrifice them for an expensive benchtop.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Very good speech by Chloe in parliament today.
https://vimeo.com/917353468

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

I don't know why this would be a surprise to anyone. Continue to make shows that bring in viewers and money, stop making shows that don't. It's like people have never met capital.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Saros posted:

Look I'm willing to sacrifice a few workers

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Man our nursing MECA that was ratified in November of last year that is backdated to June 2023, with a second step increase in June 2024 is not going to be put into effect until....
July 2024

What the actual gently caress. The other DHBs (not DHBs I know) have all put it in place already.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Turns out today is an accidental petrol free day (its not going to make a difference in terms of emissions, it'll just offset buying petrol to tomorrow and will inconvenience people, especially who can't fill up their tank regularly)

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Only seems to have affected the pay-at-pump service. I was able to fill up as usual (it's me, I'm the car problem) just paying in store.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

how did y2k turn out to not be a thing at all but a leap year stops petrol pumps working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Because every loving company is infected with NIH syndrome and rewrites every goddamned thing all the time because capitalism disincentivises sharing