Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Daniel Richtman says that he can confirm the rumors that the Serpent Society has been removed entirely from Captain America. The ending scene has also been redone.

Additionally, he reports that there will be a "new MCU franchise IP" theatrical release added to the 2026 calendar. No info about what it is except something new to the MCU.

https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/status/1762224214398968213

I hope this is X-men. No one loving cares how they're in the MCU, just they want X-men. Its just weird nerds who's life is reading wikipedia articles on youtube that care.

I was always surprised that Sony wasn't doing live action miles or gwen rather than poo poo no one cares about.

Someone tell me how Batman fights King Kong? Like seriously, does he get a giant mech to fight him or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

twistedmentat posted:

Someone tell me how Batman fights King Kong? Like seriously, does he get a giant mech to fight him or something?

He doesn't. The dream is dead for now.

Rest in Power Batman v. Kong.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would be surprised if it wasn’t X-Men

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't have high hopes for Cap 4 if they just wholly excised the original group of villains from it.

[Dramatic close-up of a sweaty, bloodied Anthony Mackie]
"Aright that's it! I've had it with the S-
[Cuts to a shot from behind him]
"-uper Adaptoid!"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Lobok posted:

I don't have high hopes for Cap 4 if they just wholly excised the original group of villains from it.

[Dramatic close-up of a sweaty, bloodied Anthony Mackie]
"Aright that's it! I've had it with the S-
[Cuts to a shot from behind him]
"-uper Adaptoid!"

The Serpent Society were never the main villains. Seth Rollins was only on set for one day of shooting and he was the lead member.

They were probably an opener and easter egg like Batroc in Cap 2.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Serpent Society were never the main villains. Seth Rollins was only on set for one day of shooting and he was the lead member.

They were probably an opener and easter egg like Batroc in Cap 2.

Well that's better then but still not amazing. As an example I don't love using the opening of Cap 2 because only Batroc himself could be cleanly removed. The opening to the movie was not a throwaway.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Well that's better then but still not amazing. As an example I don't love using the opening of Cap 2 because only Batroc himself could be cleanly removed. The opening to the movie was not a throwaway.

Sounds like it's more like if they took Batroc out and replaced him with Tarantula

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Its just weird nerds who's life is reading wikipedia articles on youtube that care.

Look, if you have a problem with me, just come out and say it.

(I just think X-Men would work really well as a series.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The long arm of Dave Bautista at work

They are acknowledging Secret Invasion?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s a real bummer, because I like SamCap and his debut movie as a lead has basically no chance of being decent after all this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

that movie is gonna be a mess lol

Yep. It will suck.

Mcu is dead

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Aren't the Leader and Ross supposed to be the villains?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

live with fruit posted:

Aren't the Leader and Ross supposed to be the villains?
The former yes, the latter maybe but he’s definitely in the movie

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would be surprised if it wasn’t X-Men

Maybe. There haven't been any reports about casting, scripts, or pre-production on it yet, though.

There are reports about greenlighting a Midnight Sons movie, which would technically fit as "a new franchise IP" and would release about two years after the announcement if it was what they were referring to.

I don't know if the "new IP" literally means characters that have never been in the MCU before (if so, since Wong and some other returning characters are rumored to be a part of it, it wouldn't be Midnight Sons) or if they just mean a new IP like Midnight Sons 1, 2, 3, etc. will be an IP like "Avengers" is a franchise IP that stars different people each time.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Miles would work better as a Raimi-verse character, Sony should be pushing for that version of Spider-Man 4.

MCU Spider-man already jacked Miles' poo poo and he's still young (and alive).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Miles meets Ned at collage. Ned goes "Honestly, my real name is Ganke, I have no idea why everyone kept calling me Ned. I can only assume some incredibly racist friend I had told everyone that was my name but I don't remember anyone like that."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And then this racist friend even went behind his back and secretly got his last name changed, too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

And then this racist friend even went behind his back and secretly got his last name changed, too.

Ganke's last name is Lee so clearly his friend was just tossing a D at the end.

Like honestly it's so hilariously blunt that was how they decided on the name to use. "poo poo, poo poo, okay, we want Peter to have Ganke, but we can't use Ganke. So we need an existing character. Ganke Lee. Lee. Lee...ds! Leeds! Ned Leeds! That's who he is now."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's going to be the Hobgoblin any day now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
As far as I know, many Asian Americans have an additional English name so the poor Americans don't have to pronounce those hard foreign words.
To be fair, who among us could pronounce "Ned"?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Ganke's last name is Lee so clearly his friend was just tossing a D at the end.

Like honestly it's so hilariously blunt that was how they decided on the name to use. "poo poo, poo poo, okay, we want Peter to have Ganke, but we can't use Ganke. So we need an existing character. Ganke Lee. Lee. Lee...ds! Leeds! Ned Leeds! That's who he is now."

Problem is, even this kinda sounds like a thought process from people who know the comics. I feel like what actually happened was they just felt around in the dark for any other character who could be Peter's bestie. They came across Ned and were like, was this guy a friend? Ah whatever, he's not a retread of Harry again so let's just go with it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

cant cook creole bream posted:

As far as I know, many Asian Americans have an additional English name so the poor Americans don't have to pronounce those hard foreign words.
To be fair, who among us could pronounce "Ned"?

Ned's canonically Filipino in the MCU, he's far more likely to have some very Catholic with Spanish influences name.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Kind of sad to see the lack of hype in this thread for the remake of the greatest superhero movie ever made...The Crow

The long gestating remake that I think Bradley Cooper was going to be in at one point finally has some pics out so I guess it really exists, and despite quality (because when has quality ever stopped me from seeing a Crow movie before) I will be there opening weekend.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’ve seen way too much bitching and moaning at the few shots we have. I want to see it, but it’s less fun seeing all the negativity.

The Crow is one of my favorite movies ever.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm torn because I do kinda want to see the new one, I love the original, but The Crow is so tied to my high school years that I can't even bring myself to rewatch/reread it.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I love the first Crow movie and it's pretty close to perfect, so I'm not getting my hopes very high over the remake. I've seen one image of Skarsgard in the lead and he looks more like a slimeball than a tortured romantic, but who knows, maybe it works in context.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

catlord posted:

I'm torn because I do kinda want to see the new one, I love the original, but The Crow is so tied to my high school years that I can't even bring myself to rewatch/reread it.

I watch it yearly because it is so tied to my high school years (though I haven't reread it in very long time and weirdly enough the GN is more tied to my college years). Movie owns though. I am kind of sad that this movie will probably not have the some cultural touchstone as the original did.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love the first Crow movie and it's pretty close to perfect, so I'm not getting my hopes very high over the remake. I've seen one image of Skarsgard in the lead and he looks more like a slimeball than a tortured romantic, but who knows, maybe it works in context.

Looks like the are dropping the goth rockstar romantic for scuzzy mumble rap trash person. I can't say I am a big fan of that but I am most likely not the demographic that they are aiming for with the character. I just wonder which musician they will get to do a Joy Division cover.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Is the world ready for a SoundCloud rapper Crow?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Now I'm imagining the original Crow poster but it's a dark moody scuffed up Photoshop of Sheryl Crow.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't mind remakes in general I don't get mad at them like a lot of people do, but man that does not look good. I saw somebody post the pictures and thought it was a dumb AI thing than I double checked and they were official things that they released that they think makes the movie look good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't there supposed to be a Red Sonja movie out this year too?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a Red Sonja movie out this year too?

It wrapped filming last year but I don’t know when we’re getting a trailer. I’m friends with the woman who runs the official Red Sonja social media account (we send each other photos of our cats), she’s married to the guy who owns the Red Sonja IP.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Madkal posted:

Kind of sad to see the lack of hype in this thread for the remake of the greatest superhero movie ever made...The Crow

The long gestating remake that I think Bradley Cooper was going to be in at one point finally has some pics out so I guess it really exists, and despite quality (because when has quality ever stopped me from seeing a Crow movie before) I will be there opening weekend.

Oh no, he's Florida Joker. Why did they give him one of those sawed-off side mullets? He looks like mirror universe Steve-O. Can't wait for the ICP cover of a Joy Division song.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I was telling my friend he reminds me of like Post Malone, or Pete Davidson. I'm okay with the change as long as the character and story is good. I have to wonder if the stark difference is because the Crow's is sacred ground because of the events surrounding it they're trying to make it, but not get caught up in any of that.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Emma Corrin confirmed she is going to play Cassandra Nova in Deadpool and Wolverine.

There have been rumors about it forever and the trailer basically confirmed it, but there hasn't been "official" confirmation until today.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I'm not sure how this movie could end up costing nearly $300 million (assuming the advertising budget is roughly 50% of the production budget estimate) or why they are paying to debut it during the Venice Film Festival, but I kind of admire the sheer weirdness and astronomical amount of money WB/D is putting into this movie.

I would not want to be a WB/D shareholder right now, though.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1763296660996632719

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SlimGoodbody posted:

Yea i hate that lovely tattoos seem to be part of character design now. Face tattoos just make you look like a meth dealer, not a cool bad rear end.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s basically no way Joker 2 ends up being the massive financial success the first one was. I can only assume that insane budget is all part of yet another shady WB tax bullshit that we’ll find out about after it comes out and fails to break 2 billion in box office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like Jo2er is going to either be a hilarious flop or this year's Barbie and no in between