Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
reported for :filez:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Best 10 bucks I ever spent

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Castor Poe posted:

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1762918667270914147?t=uPKh1JwFxQEI5xgb0YWllA&s=19

Stay tuned for The Empire Strikes Again (2026) and The Jedi Returns (2027)

STAR WARS X: I Hope Not

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1762940752026362343?s=46&t=u8zv3faKiRBDLdFNcCVj3A

source: they made it up

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

STAR WARX

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how big the Death Star will be in this one

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

But Eternals 2 is definitely getting made, right? A tweet told me so

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

It encompasses a whole solar system. A Deathson's Sphere

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 29, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
kingo is making it right now

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Non Compos Mentis posted:

kingo is making it right now

As he prepares for the next film, Kumail sighs dejectedly as he tucks into his third helping of cat-turds.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stop murdering star wars, murder something else

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
dunc 2 had really good costumes, its nice to have a sci fi movie out with goofy looking costumes in it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They're gonna make the movie about the Aztec Cenobite BDSM aliens from the New Jedi Order books.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

colonelwest posted:

A story as grand and tragic as the fall of a galactic republic and the Jedi Order desperately needed some equally grand and tragic catalyst. But instead we got some cartoon bad guys who were mad about taxes… I guess, and also slavishly devoted to some shadowy Sith Lord they only knew from a hologram and his weird old man apprentice… for some reason. Oh and Anakin was worried that his wealthy wife would die in childbirth in the midst of the technological splendor of the galactic capital ecumenopolis. It all reads like some sort of comedy setup.

To be fair "some dumbass losers mad about taxes" is both how America came into existence, and also how it will ultimately be destroyed .

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I almost bought tickets to the Dune2 (fake) imax near me but my hatred for the moviegoing experience won out. I just haaaaate going to theatres because I’ve had so many experiences derailed by noisy or inconsiderate assholes. Then the general grossness, pricey concession etc… I don’t know if I can do it anymore!

I want to see dune2 real bad but..

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

I almost bought tickets to the Dune2 (fake) imax near me but my hatred for the moviegoing experience won out. I just haaaaate going to theatres because I’ve had so many experiences derailed by noisy or inconsiderate assholes. Then the general grossness, pricey concession etc… I don’t know if I can do it anymore!

I can’t remember my last annoyance-free theater experience. If it’s not two jackasses chatting the whole time it’s someone checking their snapchat every five minutes. If it’s not that it’s infants crying in the middle of an R-rated movie. If it’s not that it’s everyone around me slowly unwrapping individually wrapped nachos during the exposition scene.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
all the people on geidi prime are freaks and its great

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
more like GAYdi prime, amirite

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
geid the gently caress outta here

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

trilobite terror posted:

more like GAYdi prime, amirite

there is uncle on nephew kissing so yeah

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Endless Trash posted:

I can’t remember my last annoyance-free theater experience. If it’s not two jackasses chatting the whole time it’s someone checking their snapchat every five minutes. If it’s not that it’s infants crying in the middle of an R-rated movie. If it’s not that it’s everyone around me slowly unwrapping individually wrapped nachos during the exposition scene.

I have one fond cinema memory, and it was going to see The Great Mouse Detective with my gran when I was about 5. So I guess they're fine for tiny children who don't care about the noise.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

DEATH STAR WARS

they're just gonna keep making death stars aren't they?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

a pair of death stars like giant balls

just a lil ruckus
May 12, 2023
i love talking during movie nerds moments in a theatre.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Star Wars Series X it is.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

DEATH STAR WARS

they're just gonna keep making death stars aren't they?

mass production death stars, everyone just has one now. it's all a big metaphor for school shootings. it's not handled well.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Endless Trash posted:

The guy behind me deciding that the best moment during DUNC to open a giant bag of Doritos very slowly was the Box scene…

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
helen mirren is not in dunc

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Disney's covering their rear end. Rey turning out to be Roy is supposed to be a shocking plot twist.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I can't remember the last time I got annoyed at a movie theatre, it's absolutely wild hearing rlm and others talk about what they go through.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I usually go to one of two indie cinemas near me and almost never get annoyed by other viewers. Going to the imax at the local chain cinema for Dunc 2 at opening weekend. Not sure how wise this decision will turn out to be.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Broom Boy died in Space Vietnam (Uatapau)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

colonelwest posted:

Space 'Nam is Felucia, not Utapau.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why does everyone have to include a promotional still of Rey looking at a lightsaber like she's pondering that old saying; anything's a dildo if you're brave enough. Does it help with engagement? Is that a new talking about Star Wars rule?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

priznat posted:

seek out an alamo draft house

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Whorelord posted:

I can't remember the last time I got annoyed at a movie theatre, it's absolutely wild hearing rlm and others talk about what they go through.

hate to tell you this, but if you haven't experienced it, you're the rear end in a top hat in the theater

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

Turns out he was Kit Fisto's grandson

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Last time I went to the nickelodeon was for Uncut Gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Why does everyone have to include a promotional still of Rey looking at a lightsaber like she's pondering that old saying; anything's a dildo if you're brave enough. Does it help with engagement? Is that a new talking about Star Wars rule?

It’s either because Disney said so, or because ~the algorithm~ says that a lightsaber in the image increases clicks by x%