Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
I, for one, am a proponent of irresponsible IVF. gently caress Anna Luna, an actual U.S. house representative. Zygotes for all. Zygotes literally over, and overflowing all. Zygotes should flood the Earth. End the tyranny of the living and give all nations to the rising tide of the unborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
do you think world leaders ever talk amongst themselves about how they hope Trump doesn't get reelected? not even for any political purpose, but just so they don't have to hang out with him or talk to him?

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

very smart gavin i'm sure this won't come back to bite you when you run for president...

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1762831969690255650

this loophole was made because gavin is friends with a billionaire franchisee of panera bread. so its there for no real reason other than, "i'm really corrupt"
all the others probably have to do is argue to be included in court or something, then it'll be like

introducing the delicious, all new, rustic, sourdough mcbread! an exclusive california favorite

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 29, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
E: I should read more carefully. The wording of the law only applies to a business opened prior to September last year.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 29, 2024

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Fishmasher posted:

all the others probably have to do is argue to be included in court or something, then it'll be like

introducing the delicious, all new, rustic, sourdough mcbread! an exclusive california favorite

Gonna get some wild-rear end rulings about what constitutes :airquote: bread :airquote:

:lol: this utter assclown is running for president in '28

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

E: I should read more carefully. The wording of the law only applies to a business opened prior to September last year.

just noticed mcdonalds did have bakery muffins and cinnamon rolls and poo poo, but looks like they discontinued it all a few weeks before september

would be funny if changing the menu a few weeks too early causes them to pay higher wages for years

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 29, 2024

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

Gonna get some wild-rear end rulings about what constitutes :airquote: bread :airquote:

Hopefully they're all like this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/01/irish-court-rules-subway-bread-is-not-bread

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Fishmasher posted:

I’m leaven it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did he write that rule? It just seems odd to me, this is a bill right? The governor doesn't write bills in most cases?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

arent they slightly to the left of US dems though?

For this analogy to work the Labour Party would have to be the Republicans. You can't put a Rizla paper between them and the Tories right now on actual policies but they're not that.

Meanwhile the Conservatives are getting all into culture war and Islamophobia and hate immigrants, so.

(We also have the Liberal (Democrats) who used to be the pro-Europe party, not sure what the point of them is now even except they are actually pretty good on things like trans rights)

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Light Gun Man posted:

do you think world leaders ever talk amongst themselves about how they hope Trump doesn't get reelected? not even for any political purpose, but just so they don't have to hang out with him or talk to him?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Did he write that rule? It just seems odd to me, this is a bill right? The governor doesn't write bills in most cases?

Sacramento isn’t that big so he probably ran into whoever was writing the bill on his way to the store or something.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

New gang tag

Homo-Marxist reporting for duty

The gaying of Fox News
The Gaying of Fox News
THE GAYING OF FOX NEWS

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 29, 2024

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Rescue Toaster posted:

I'm guessing he votes in Florida, and if their law even prevents people with felonies outside Florida, I'm sure they'll pass a law before November saying you can vote if your felony conviction was from a woke lib witchhunt.

The people of Florida voted to restore voting rights to felons and then the legislature tacked on a bunch of caveats to that - mainly that all of a felons fees and fines must be paid first.

So he still couldn't vote in Florida unless he paid half a billy

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Vampire Panties posted:

In fairness, bread-themed corruption is certainly a positive step from recent presidential offerings.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Frank Frank posted:

The gaying of Fox News
The Gaying of Fox News
THE GAYING OF FOX NEWS

The... the what?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Sandweed posted:

One big difference between GOP and the Tories is that the Tories hates cops and will cut funding to cops every chance they get.

That’s because the bobbies are an actual public service rather than the militarized wing of their party.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

So with the Supreme Clown Court delay does that halt the stolen documents case too? Wasn't it supposed to start in May?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I used to be a Jehovah's Witness, who also have REALLY BAD AND STUPID TAKES on a lot of stuff, and were seemingly pulling them out of their asses to suit whatever situation was at hand. For instance, when I was in elementary school, we played tabletop role playing games with some friends.

This was bad, because the games had SPELLS and DEMONS and were therefore obviously witchcraft. I can kinda understand that. It's bullshit, but I can kind of understand where they got that from. Then I pointed out that there were lots of tabletop games without any of that stuff, like games where the players could be peaceful and scientific explorers in space.

After some consultation they decided that was also a no go, because -- and I quote -- "you assume a personality and character other than the one Jehovah made you into". And no, you couldn't roleplay as yourself either, because ACKSHUALLY the game was set in the future and clearly Armageddon hadn't happened, so the game directly contradicted the word of god and was therefore evil. This poo poo was so loving stupid it kinda made 12 year old me stop believing on the spot, because I suddenly realized that if they were being this loving stupid about five kids pretending to be space explorers, they must also be this loving stupid about stuff that actually matters.

And yes, by the same logic acting was also a sin, even if it was acting in a school play or something. Strangely the biblical plays they put on a conventions were perfectly OK, because apparently THAT kind of pretending to be Moses or whatever is perfectly OK, if you do it on stage in front of 2000 people.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Apollodorus posted:

That’s because the bobbies are an actual public service rather than the militarized wing of their party.

That is perhaps giving the London Met a little too much credit, what with that thing where Constable Wayne Couzens, whose nickname on the force was "the rapist", raped and murdered Sarah Everard and his colleagues on the force then beat up a bunch of women who were holding a candlelit vigil for her.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Can someone talk me off a metaphorical ledge with the Supreme Court stuff? It feels dire and fills me with anxiety.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I swear it is Lana Del Rey

It's Alison Brie

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I used to be a Jehovah's Witness, who also have REALLY BAD AND STUPID TAKES on a lot of stuff, and were seemingly pulling them out of their asses to suit whatever situation was at hand. For instance, when I was in elementary school, we played tabletop role playing games with some friends.

This was bad, because the games had SPELLS and DEMONS and were therefore obviously witchcraft. I can kinda understand that. It's bullshit, but I can kind of understand where they got that from. Then I pointed out that there were lots of tabletop games without any of that stuff, like games where the players could be peaceful and scientific explorers in space.

After some consultation they decided that was also a no go, because -- and I quote -- "you assume a personality and character other than the one Jehovah made you into". And no, you couldn't roleplay as yourself either, because ACKSHUALLY the game was set in the future and clearly Armageddon hadn't happened, so the game directly contradicted the word of god and was therefore evil. This poo poo was so loving stupid it kinda made 12 year old me stop believing on the spot, because I suddenly realized that if they were being this loving stupid about five kids pretending to be space explorers, they must also be this loving stupid about stuff that actually matters.

And yes, by the same logic acting was also a sin, even if it was acting in a school play or something. Strangely the biblical plays they put on a conventions were perfectly OK, because apparently THAT kind of pretending to be Moses or whatever is perfectly OK, if you do it on stage in front of 2000 people.

ill shill again for this book. https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Games-Role-Playing-Religion-Imagined/dp/0520284925 its all about that kinda poo poo and like how weird religious nuts are basicaly doing their own messed up version of dnd but all of the "layers of play" hosed up.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Stroker Ace posted:

Can someone talk me off a metaphorical ledge with the Supreme Court stuff? It feels dire and fills me with anxiety.

The entire point of everything SCOTUS is doing is to punt the decision of what to do with Trump back to the electorate. If the voters want him to be president, he'll be president and he'll order his own DOJ to drop charges against him. If he loses, then no amount of delay will matter. In that respect, the entire country is Trump's jury pool.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Doesn't "conservative" in Brexitland mean the opposite that it does in the USA

Nah, Tories like Cameron and May are Dems. It's been pushing right though in the last few years so it is inbetween the Dems and GOP. The general public is approaching the point of rioting so they are going to get thrown out in 6 months and replaced by another centre right (status quo) party because that is all that is on offer because a two party system is loving awesome (no it isn't).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

UltraShame posted:

lol @ trump attempting to get the government to agree to giving him 1/4 of his penalty claiming that he's "good for it" WRT the judgment that he is a proven liar, who lies to the government about being "good for it"

That $100 million number is, oddly, right around the amount of profit he made selling the lease on the Old Post Office building last year, when you account for the alleged cost of renovations he made and the yearly lease he was paying before that. We don't know what his actual revenues were on that building, which is odd considering it was at the center of five different lawsuits during Trump's presidency.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Harveygod posted:

What happens if (lol) he doesn't pay the money in a month? Do they start seizing/liquidating?

MAGA will occupy Trump towers of NY

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

very smart gavin i'm sure this won't come back to bite you when you run for president...

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1762831969690255650

this loophole was made because gavin is friends with a billionaire franchisee of panera bread. so its there for no real reason other than, "i'm really corrupt"

This is so weird. How does this apply to like every restaurant that serves bread at the beginning of a meal? Does it not count because it's not a menu item? Does that mean all they have to do is add it to the menu and no longer give free bread? Does it apply to like, Olive Garden bread sticks? What impact might this have for the overall bread economy?

Actually nevermind, I guess it doesn't apply because a restaraunt serving bread like that wouldn't be a fast food item.

What about like, Dunkin Donuts, though? Do donuts count as bread? What is the legal definition of bread?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Stroker Ace posted:

Which case are you worried about, because there's the 14th Amendment disqualification case which will likely not result in disqualification -- putting him back on the ballot -- and there's the criminal immunity case. Both are on expedited schedules, and I don't buy that the argument this is a sandbagging operation because SCOTUS doesn't hear cases a month and half after granting cert, and they did so after essentially telling Trump to stop dragging his feet and going straight to hearing the case as opposed to loving around with further intermediary appeals.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Mulaney Power Move posted:

This is so weird. How does this apply to like every restaurant that serves bread at the beginning of a meal? Does it not count because it's not a menu item? Does that mean all they have to do is add it to the menu and no longer give free bread? Does it apply to like, Olive Garden bread sticks? What impact might this have for the overall bread economy?

Actually nevermind, I guess it doesn't apply because a restaraunt serving bread like that wouldn't be a fast food item.

What about like, Dunkin Donuts, though? Do donuts count as bread? What is the legal definition of bread?

It reminds me of the way bars used to get around the legal requirement that they only serve alcohol with food. Any drink you ordered came with a little lovely sandwich that the server would put in your table for about 2 seconds before taking it back to be used with the next order.

So like, just add a "bun only" option to your burger menu which nobody will ever order and continue underpaying your staff.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Buce posted:

lanaaaaaaa

Yeah look at the size of those hands

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

She's trying her damndest to be our version of MTG but forgot that crazy + non-white doesn't play well with the chuds

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump sucks

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

It really comes down to what the definition of a "fast food" place is, and they had a boring back and forth about the exact kind of stuff you brought up. they settled on this...notice how no one is bringing up this other exemption

quote:

(i) When a restaurant is located and operates within a “grocery establishment,” as defined in subdivision (d) of Section 2502, and the grocery establishment employer employs the individuals working in the restaurant, the restaurant shall not be considered a fast food restaurant.

This is being trotted out as a BRIBE to NEWSOME by his BILLIONAIRE GLOBALIST FRIEND sooooo

like the whole bill does a ton of good stuff, laws get weird poo poo added to them all the time. CA Rebuplicans are of course calling for an investigation because they call for loving investigations on everything (and what they really want to do is completely 86 the entire thing due to "corruption")

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 29, 2024

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Which case are you worried about, because there's the 14th Amendment disqualification case which will likely not result in disqualification -- putting him back on the ballot -- and there's the criminal immunity case. Both are on expedited schedules, and I don't buy that the argument this is a sandbagging operation because SCOTUS doesn't hear cases a month and half after granting cert, and they did so after essentially telling Trump to stop dragging his feet and going straight to hearing the case as opposed to loving around with further intermediary appeals.

It’s the immunity one that has me anxious as poo poo. I couldn’t even talk about it with friends last night.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Went to sleep mad

Woke up mad

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Stroker Ace posted:

It’s the immunity one that has me anxious as poo poo. I couldn’t even talk about it with friends last night.

Sounds like a bread bribe

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah keep appealing more until you win

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
All presidents wanting to become presidents.

stfu you orange gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr

summarised it

"I'm extremely liquid. Not 460m liquid. More like 100m max liquid. Cause I'm a billionaire."