Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hatebag posted:

cyberspunk 2069

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
*holds up youtube video*
I have here the ending of ff7r2

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

In a post credits scene aerith wakes up aboard the battlebus

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DaysBefore posted:

Isn't it a remake?? The spoilers are all like twenty years old aren't they? Or is this something else
they changed it so tifa dies instead of aerith

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Imo, I would end this Final Fantasy 7 (which is Final Fantasy 7 2 part 2) with Aeris (people often spell this wrong, not sure why) dying but Bulma shows up and tells them one of their materia is a Dragon Ball and they can revive her if they collect all 7. And that's why the game is called, you guessed it, Final Fantasy 7: 2 Part 2: Rebirth

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

*holds up youtube video*
I have here the ending of ff7r2

don't move men he's just crazy enough to do it!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serious (ish) question, do the FF7 remakes stand on their own, or are you expected to be familiar with the original going in? Not that "familiar with one of the most popular video games of its era" is a high bar but I'm sure someone could be found who would slip under it heh heh couldn't be me though (sweats profusely)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

no! no!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

Serious (ish) question, do the FF7 remakes stand on their own, or are you expected to be familiar with the original going in? Not that "familiar with one of the most popular video games of its era" is a high bar but I'm sure someone could be found who would slip under it heh heh couldn't be me though (sweats profusely)

it stands fine on its own. there's obviously a lot of wink wink nudge nudge stuff if you're familiar with the original but it doesn't matter

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They stand on their own but you probably get more out of them because they're also a meta-story and the originals. But even just knowing the big story beats is enough

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

first the sports bra and now this?!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

It was just images of d&d characters being horny at the main character. Hardly a spoiler

Oh is that so. Buck want to weigh in on this?

Need a ruling if characters being horny isn't a spoiler.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Makes sense, except for the part where they don't just also kill Aerith.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they were completely upfront in the pre-release press releases that the plot of bg3 involves the illithids inflicting horniness upon faerun I don't consider that a spoiler

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

evilmiera posted:

Makes sense, except for the part where they don't just also kill Aerith.
Aerith gets run over by a random car in part 3.

Buck Wildman posted:

first the sports bra and now this?!
It's a hint of her dying of breast cancer.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh is that so. Buck want to weigh in on this?

Need a ruling if characters being horny isn't a spoiler.

everyone in bg3 is horny

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

this is p much the reaction I was expecting lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

they were completely upfront in the pre-release press releases that the plot of bg3 involves the illithids inflicting horniness upon faerun I don't consider that a spoiler

Horny isn't a spoiler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXxU0SXBF5Y

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the romance scenes with shadowheart were ok, the rest are insane fanfinction cringe levels of self indulgence

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my 4d chess move of making this thread so indignant they're now gonna post whatever wackadoo trolly poo poo itt they want, to the point that the actual truth of FF7R2 is forever obfuscated. you're welcome

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

NAVGTR's Lara Croft storyline finally comes to fruition

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Regarde Aduck posted:

the romance scenes with shadowheart were ok, the rest are insane fanfinction cringe levels of self indulgence

Karlach :colbert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

my 4d chess move of making this thread so indignant they're now gonna post whatever wackadoo trolly poo poo itt they want, to the point that the actual truth of FF7R2 is forever obfuscated. you're welcome

There comes a point in the game where Tifa and Cloud are alone on a balcony watching some sort of celebration. They talk and confess their love for each other. They kiss and as they do the camera pulls upward and focuses on the fireworks happening overhead before fading to black.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Idc about spoilers because experiencing how the story unfolds should not be negatively impacted by knowing what certain events happen, otherwise it's a poorly written story. Imho.

Thank you! There's literally dozens of us

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

So it IS a worthy successor to the Infinity Engine BG games then

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

a second jrpg where a character dies of breast cancer????

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

There comes a point in the game where Tifa and Cloud are alone on a balcony watching some sort of celebration. They talk and confess their love for each other. They kiss and as they do the camera pulls upward and focuses on the fireworks happening overhead before fading to black.

thank you for tagging hooty, I appreciate you being a good sport about it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the first being, of course, phantasy star 4

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I genuinely want to be spoiled on how it recreates the Midgard Zolem scene

https://twitter.com/DiabloTraeluz/status/1762832011939443084?t=2k09vquIGeADE0WLRQ75pw&s=19

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Aerith’s death scene has been replaced with Tifa announcing that she’s having breast reduction surgery. I take no pleasure in reporting this.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Aerith’s death scene has been replaced with Tifa announcing that she’s having breast reduction surgery. I take no pleasure in reporting this.

she has my support

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

she has my support

she doesn’t need it anymore, that’s the whole point

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if ff7 really ends at aeris dying, that seems like a natural breakpoint but it also means the next game starts with like 2 hours of cutscenes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

all the whiniest poo poo happens next too

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I look up the plot of movies and stories before playing them

If I have to eat a probe for this I will face God and walk backwards into hell

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH6x__i87Gk

haters gonna hate

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

docbeard posted:

I think it's fine on its own in the first game till the last hour or so whern wacky poo poo starts happening

my_custom_username has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Feb 29, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

honestly I'm glad the remake finally clears this up

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

I will not be clicking on any link or spoiler, you people are vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Having seen the ending of ff7r2 I have no idea what they're loving doing at this point and I think it's really clear they're just making poo poo up as they go . Why did they even do these things? What is the purpose?

Also they hosed cid up lol