Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

my bony fealty posted:

the funniest TrueAnon has ever made me laugh is one of Brace's random offhand jokes about how he's "hitting the surf" or something like that, I forget the ep. I've tried showing it to people and nobody gets it, not that theres anything to get. I just have Belden brain.

this is my absolute fav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEa_X2Vght8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think Brace jokes around a bit

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

since clowning is coming back in comedy, anyone know any good clown podcasts?

check out chapo trap house

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Telluric Whistler posted:

bacon loving Jews.

:lol: I don't know why but this phrasing is making me laugh irl.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Doc Hawkins posted:

Ghost Stories has a longer series on it which i think i got an okay understanding from.

to test that understanding i would summarize that Casolaro was a guy who wanted to write a book which heroically exposed a cabal of corruption in the post-war US, he thought it could be traced to eight bad apples, because he thought america was good but being betrayed by a few high-placed criminals, and because he thought readers would like the name "octupus." it turned out there were a lot more of them, and some of them had him suicided. it's hard to say exactly which ones did it because he was running down every juicy story he could and thought they were all connected. his initial in was a case where the Justice Department ripped off a guy (and his company, Inslaw) who wrote some legal paperwork organizing software called PROMIS.

PROMIS was a bit more complicated. it was a type of relational networked database that went to like all police departments across the country and was going to be sold to foreign embassies. Some actor reportedly built in a back door to those being distributed abroad at the behest of Israel or more foreign governments. One of the key players in selling these abroad was Robert Maxwell.

Danger has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Feb 29, 2024

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:lol: I don't know why but this phrasing is making me laugh irl.

its no laughing matter
can't find gwaltney beef bacon anywhere in south florida anymore because of those fucks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tricked my gf into listening to trueanon once by telling her it was a true crime podcast

discovered she had been binging it when one day she was like "you ruined Liz Warren for me"

mission successful :hehe:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

November is an astrology hippy name. She's gonna get into crystals and vegan beetroot brownies

Carob brownies

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Well iirc she's a drinker and does a lot of other Haram behaviors - which is fine, I know plenty of bacon loving Jews. November contains multitudes, many contradictory, so I see no issues with her next move is becoming trad or getting into beetroot and spirulina.

Or maybe she'll get into Tengrism or Manichaeism, IDK

What a serious person whose beliefs come across as sincere and deeply held

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Fellatio del Toro posted:

tricked my gf into listening to trueanon once by telling her it was a true crime podcast

discovered she had been binging it when one day she was like "you ruined Liz Warren for me"

mission successful :hehe:

nice moves

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Ghost Stories has a longer series on it which i think i got an okay understanding from.

to test that understanding i would summarize that Casolaro was a guy who wanted to write a book which heroically exposed a cabal of corruption in the post-war US, he thought it could be traced to eight bad apples, because he thought america was good but being betrayed by a few high-placed criminals, and because he thought readers would like the name "octupus." it turned out there were a lot more of them, and some of them had him suicided. it's hard to say exactly which ones did it because he was running down every juicy story he could and thought they were all connected. his initial in was a case where the Justice Department ripped off a guy (and his company, Inslaw) who wrote some legal paperwork organizing software called PROMIS.

The rabbit hole goes deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JPZuRVqUM

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Well iirc she's a drinker and does a lot of other Haram behaviors - which is fine, I know plenty of bacon loving Jews. November contains multitudes, many contradictory, so I see no issues with her next move is becoming trad or getting into beetroot and spirulina.

Or maybe she'll get into Tengrism or Manichaeism, IDK

last i heard from her she was mad at twitter because she wanted to be a cop or troop of some sort and twitter made fun of her. did that ever happen

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

honey i know how you love true crime stories. so i got you a book about the biggest true crime of them all: it's called Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1763232127238172883

I'm on the eternal search for black cumtown. Idk this one was fun so Im gonna post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YewCzbBsmQ&t=1s

I watched this episode and liked more of the riffs than didn't.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lmao yea, tricked my wife into watching the Katt Williams interview by saying it was "his new special or something"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

KirbyKhan posted:

the eternal search for black cumtown

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

maybe my favorite series of videos of all time. just watching some local issues reporter start losing his mind over the course of half a year of 10 minute segments

segment 1: some person complaining about wrongful termination at the sheriffs

segment 12: opens with the zapruder film and jumps into the contras

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

hadji murad posted:

I think Brace jokes around a bit

we like to have fun here at langley dont we folks

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Al! posted:

we like to have fun here at langley dont we folxs

*finger snapping*

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Now I’m imagining a phish podcast (gone phishing, maybe?) where they talk about the same songs over and over but with variations in their word choice and riff tempo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YewCzbBsmQ&t=1s

I watched this episode and liked more of the riffs than didn't.

idk who either of these people are but i watched this whole thing and liked it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Now I’m imagining a phish podcast (gone phishing, maybe?) where they talk about the same songs over and over but with variations in their word choice and riff tempo

already exists and it was called Analyze Phish

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

already exists and it was called Analyze Phish

Not surprised. The phishhead, more than most Americans, seems temperamentally incapable of listening to anything they haven’t listened to already with the slightest of variations each time

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Smythe posted:

[toddler voice] GET FAMILIAR

https://youtu.be/mb6Jc4juSF8?si=wqpBG6LNpJIo-o0Q

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Euphoriaphone posted:

This is how I would describe Felix. Brace never really makes internet reference gags, and I feel like if you only knew him through his pod, and didn’t know he was a poster, he would almost come off as a Luddite (ignoring that he’s, ya know, a podcaster)
You're right, listening to Felix must be completely baffling to someone who isn't terminally online

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nothus posted:

You're right, listening to Felix must be completely baffling to someone who isn't terminally online

I'm terminally online and I still don't understand half the poo poo he says

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Nothus posted:

I am married to the least-online millennial in existence maybe and she’s a Felix fan. just loves his heart and passion, and assumes any reference she doesn’t get is video games or rap. she’s right.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Smythe posted:

Vince Staples is a rap band

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

that's mavis' boy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dmitri-9 posted:

Vince Staples is a guy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Not surprised. The phishhead, more than most Americans, seems temperamentally incapable of listening to anything they haven’t listened to already with the slightest of variations each time

the phishhead was harris wittels and the other host was scott aukerman and the reason they would talk about the same songs over and over was that wittels was desperate for aukerman to understand why he liked phish (aukerman did not like phish.) highly recommend

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

selec posted:

I am married to the least-online millennial in existence maybe and she’s a Felix fan. just loves his heart and passion, and assumes any reference she doesn’t get is video games or rap. she’s right.

if she knows who Felix is it sort of defeats your underlying premise

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

since clowning is coming back in comedy, anyone know any good clown podcasts?

god no

but I like this documentary about Pueblo clowns a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOhonL79ilc

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
chuckling like an idiot at the idea of an epic matt christman rant about the Girl Scouts of America

in just a few short years

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

scary ghost dog posted:

the phishhead was harris wittels and the other host was scott aukerman and the reason they would talk about the same songs over and over was that wittels was desperate for aukerman to understand why he liked phish (aukerman did not like phish.) highly recommend

god himself picked a side in that argument a few years later

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Atahualpa posted:

Will likely try Trillbillies next.
this is what you need

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

Well There's Your Problem Podcast
discovered them 6 months ago and goddamn it rules stumbling upon so much good content

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

R. Guyovich posted:

god himself picked a side in that argument a few years later

:pwn:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KirbyKhan posted:

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1763232127238172883

I'm on the eternal search for black cumtown. Idk this one was fun so Im gonna post it.

lmfao im dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

scary ghost dog posted:

it was called analyze phish and the last episode is incredibly bittersweet