Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I heckin can’t wait for shield walls, reverse uno energy orbs, and cloaked shielded scouts from the illum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I never played HD1 but I am very excited to fight space nerds

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Im calling 4-5 as the top fun difficulty for Illuminate lol

Risky Bisquick posted:

I heckin can’t wait for shield walls, reverse uno energy orbs, and cloaked shielded scouts from the illum

I know they are some aliens, kinda Protoss inspired, but I don't know anything else, didn't play HD1. So tell me wonder/horror stories about them!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

https://x.com/jojakelion2/status/1763179350709444875?s=46

One person has already been spotted running around in a mech

I really hope the new laser based guns means the return of the tanto

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Turin Turambar posted:

I know they are some aliens, kinda Protoss inspired, but I don't know anything else, didn't play HD1. So tell me wonder/horror stories about them!
IIRC there was one Illuminate that would reverse all of your controls

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh also... they fly now?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

here's the list of datamined stuff that the tweet is referencing. missing the super earth army squad you can call in i think unless that's what frv means

quote:

Stratagems:
-DropoffCombatWalker
-DropoffCombatWalker_PresidentReward
-BugThumper
-MedicBackpack
-DisplacementBackpack
-DropoffCargoContainer
-HealthPackRack
-HealthPackRack_PresidentReward
-ShoulderMountedCamera
-JammedPinata
-MiniMissiles
-DropoffLav
-DropoffLav_PresidentReward
-Cover
-DropoffFrv
-SpireSterilizer
-ShipBowling
-Nuke

New Faction:
illuminate
Type:
adept - can call for allies
ghoul
illusionist - fire projectile - force choke victim
obelisk fire
outcast
pathfinder
summoner

Weapon mods:
WeaponCustomizationSlot_None
WeaponCustomizationSlot_Underbarrel
WeaponCustomizationSlot_Optics
WeaponCustomizationSlot_PaintScheme
WeaponCustomizationSlot_Muzzle
WeaponCustomizationSlot_Magazine
WeaponCustomizationSlot_AmmoType
WeaponCustomizationSlot_AmmoTypeAlternate

Weapons:
jet_rifle
jet_rifle_phoenix
plasma_rifle
plasma_shotgun
laser_rifle
laser_rifle_long
battle_rifle
crossbow_greyfax
grenade_pistol
plasma_pistol
laser_pistol
heavy_machinegun
laser_cannon
sniper_rifle
laser_guided_missile_launcher
missile_launcher (faf = fire and forget)
frv_mg (FRV = ?)
lav_mg (LAV = light armor vehicle)?
double_barrel
mount_lmg_stalwart

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Please add rocket launchers with the ability to rocket jump.

Shoot the little puffball mushrooms on desert planets.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Turin Turambar posted:

They had a unit that shot an orb that if it hit you, reversed your controls. They had another unit whose sole purpose was to throw up energy walls that stopped everything except other Illuminates and their weapons. The walls deployed from the source unit but sometimes angles made it tricky to hit, especially if another wall unit covered it. The rest of their roster was fairly standard, with their army leaning more towards melee/short range.

So one counterplay to them was the jetpack, which was much more spammable in HD1 as it replaced your dive. You could just hop over the walls, or spam the jump key if you were confused. The grenade launcher was also great against them since it fired in an arc over the walls. Mechs were absolutely useless against them since they were way too slow to avoid the walls and would inevitably get trapped even if they didn't die right away(the walls one-shot anything in their path when first deployed)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Turin Turambar posted:

Their heavies are these fortified shielded units that project shield walls that limit your mobility until destroyed. Their units all get shields as the difficulty scales. They have basic melee units with cloaks. Their scouts have enormous ohko sniper range, later on these same scouts are shielded and cloaked. They have two medium elite variants that throw guided energy orbs at you, one of these reverses your controls. They spawn endless amounts of shielded Protoss dragoons

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

turn off the TV posted:

here's the list of datamined stuff that the tweet is referencing. missing the super earth army squad you can call in i think unless that's what frv means

frv is maybe fast reconnaissance vehicle? possibly the bike?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

nice, loving the stuff on this list

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

turn off the TV posted:

frv as fast response vehicle? Little bike/dune buggy with an mg :pray:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

will vehicles take up a stratagem slot or will the devs be nice and give everyone a dedicated vehicle slot

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Eediot Jedi posted:

frv as fast response vehicle? Little bike/dune buggy with an mg :pray:

https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/MC-109_Hammer_Motorcycle

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

those shield walls everyone is talking about? if you were standing where the wall was going up it would instagib you. probably responsible for more of my deaths than any actual attacks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

oh cool, I already have this mech on my shelf from 40k

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

will vehicles take up a stratagem slot or will the devs be nice and give everyone a dedicated vehicle slot

They took up a strategem slot in the first game. Some vehicles could fit more than one person though

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

strategem slot which means it's gonna be hilarious all the people getting butthurt when they drop a vehicle and it gets blown the gently caress up immediately

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

LuiCypher posted:

You can totally take out Detector towers with stratagems - they're the ones with the big red dot slowly sweeping across the terrain until they catch a Helldiver in their field of view. It's Scrambler towers that nope all of your stratagems in a certain radius.

:sickos:
I think they just mean that the ground slope rolls strategems away from buildings sometimes and because the weak point is so high most strategems do not take it out because the explosion is low.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I forgot about the thumper from HD1. Cool to see it's coming back. That will be handy.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Pretty cool if they are going to introduce a fully featured weapon mod system.

about future updates... I wonder if they could ever introduce planets where there are two enemy factions, instead of every battle only having one. They could fight among themselves, Halo style!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 29, 2024

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That could be something that happens to closer the factions get to earth.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yoo a weapon mod system would be sick

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Two factions maybe but I doubt we'll see the other factions fighting, given that we're the ones attacking everyone.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I hope that they introduce upgrades that put two backpacks/support weapons in each hellpod so that people can more easily share stuff with the team, and have everybody equipped without giving up cool explosions.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

explosivo posted:

Yoo a weapon mod system would be sick

huge hype for this

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

oh cool, I already have this mech on my shelf from 40k

I'm sure they'd never do it b/c of legal disk, but I love the idea of a Helldivers dreadnought. If a player exceeds their reinforce limit, the mech drop strategem for other players instead drops the mech with the barely-animated corpse of that teammate inside, trapped in combat hell for mission duration, complete with unhinged vocalizations.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Turin Turambar posted:

Pretty cool if they are going to introduce a fully featured weapon mod system.

about future updates... I wonder if they could ever introduce planets where there are two enemy factions, instead of every battle only having one. They could fight among themselves, Halo style!

With stuff like emplacements already in the game itd be cool to see semi-persistent maps where more than 4 people defend territory from potentially more than one enemy faction. It would be fun to fight a long strategic battle and would also be a different meta than shield+rail+airstrikes if you are digging in at or assaulting fortified positions to advance.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There's a lot of cool, fun, and interesting ways they can take this game and I am very excited for it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

those shield walls everyone is talking about? if you were standing where the wall was going up it would instagib you. probably responsible for more of my deaths than any actual attacks.

If they touched something that was completely immobile like a parked APC they wouldn’t destroy it, but if that APC hadn’t come to a total stop then it would get instantly destroyed and kill everyone inside. and it was naturally very easy for large vehicles to get hit by the wall. they were almost worse than the reversed controls (which applied to stratagem inputs too)

Before the shield was deployed the wallball also had tank level armor so you were not stopping 90% of them before they deployed

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

when will they bring back The Constitution

game needs more weapons that are bad in a funny but semi-usable way

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Having certain planets liberated or controlled should do more things. Like a certain planet should be a Bot tank manufactury where if they have it they get increased chances of dropping tanks or one where all our high-explosive ammo is made so if the Terminids take it over those become much harder to use on missions.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Being able to drop mechs in from the sky means we have gotten a Titanfall 3 in spirit and I will take that.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Dipshits with no media literacy thinking the opening intro depicts a true utopia are my favorite breed.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Benagain posted:

Two factions maybe but I doubt we'll see the other factions fighting, given that we're the ones attacking everyone.

the automatons are actually on the offensive, they're trying to get to cyberstan to free the slaves

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

(A Literal Fascist): actually you'll find that on paper a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tom Tucker posted:

Having certain planets liberated or controlled should do more things. Like a certain planet should be a Bot tank manufactury where if they have it they get increased chances of dropping tanks or one where all our high-explosive ammo is made so if the Terminids take it over those become much harder to use on missions.

This would be very cool

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Steve Yun posted:

Standby for titanfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

the unabonger posted:

Hooo boy is the arc thrower fun, and also very easy to do team damage with.

Yeah, that gun makes me more nervous than any other when other people have it, if you accidentally get targeted you're insta-fried.

Of course the same could be said for some other weapons but the arc thrower is hungry for helldiver flesh.