Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i swear to god dating apps need a third swiping option for "look i know we've seen each others junk and have since then accidentally matched on tinder and now i feel weird about swiping right on you on ANOTHER app but i also don't want to swipe left because that seems mean"

maybe just a little thumbs up that's like "hey buddy i see you, not making it weird!"

OTOH, if you swipe left he will never know. (Grindr is worse here, you can just send people messages out of the blue.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

redshirt posted:

Happy Birthday! The big 40... You probably feel old now, OMG, I'm 40.

Well let me tell ya, the day will come - sooner than you think! - when you'll look back and sincerely think: Gods, 40 was young!

actual footage of redshirt celebrating his 40th

Computer viking posted:

OTOH, if you swipe left he will never know. (Grindr is worse here, you can just send people messages out of the blue.)

my brain works wrong and i would feel bad :ohdear: and unsolicited grindr messages seems like the fuckin wooooorst :dogstare:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

actual footage of redshirt celebrating his 40th

Not a single mobile phone.

Folks just talked to each other. Wild, I know!

And danced! So much dancing...

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Not a single mobile phone.

Folks just talked to each other. Wild, I know!

And danced! So much dancing...

redshirt reminiscing about the olden days

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ruby Gloom posted:

redshirt reminiscing about the olden days

Black Books?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:hmmyes:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

CV2's dad died

I'm sorry my goon :(

Computer viking posted:

I was buay at the time, but the last trip was to a cabin with one of the research groups at work:

The rest of the photos have a bunch of my coworkers, so I'm not posting them. Was fun, though - some walking in the forest in the snow, the Indian and Spanish guys tried sledding in the snow, some people made dinner and I baked a cake, and I think I finished a bottle of wine on my own. :)

Heck yeah, that sounds like a great time / team building! I would do that as a personal holiday!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

my brain works wrong and i would feel bad :ohdear: and unsolicited grindr messages seems like the fuckin wooooorst :dogstare:

I think it's kind of romantic

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
two birthdays and a funeral, seesh what a leap year it's turning out to be

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

two birthdays and a funeral, seesh what a leap year it's turning out to be

5000 Page Thread: Cradle 2 the Grave

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I think it's kind of romantic

Yo everybody send ILBSM unsolicited grindr messages :heysexy:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

*my plan is WORKING*

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

The peregrines falcon is back, second day in a row! It's in my neighbor's tree scaring away all the smaller birds

I'm starting to suspect thier bird feeder is attracting a buffet for the falcon....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

The peregrines falcon is back, second day in a row! It's in my neighbor's tree scaring away all the smaller birds

I'm starting to suspect thier bird feeder is attracting a buffet for the falcon....

It's the food chain of the feeder. From ground critters to birds to birds that feed on birds to foxes and coyotes that feed on ground critters...

so beautiful.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wait. There's a 5th Ghostbusters movie now? I wasn't even aware there was a 4th.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Wait. There's a 5th Ghostbusters movie now? I wasn't even aware there was a 4th.

They keep bustin' but she still ghostin'

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

They keep bustin' but she still ghostin'

Will these movies keep coming out until the end of civilization?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well, if my math checks out, there's more people then ever, so more ghosts than ever, so future Bustin forecasts are forever going up.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ruby Gloom posted:

I showed you my glitterdick pls respond

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Today I had Cajun brunch, did pottery painting for like 6 hours with my sister and then had Indian takeout for supper. Soon we will have applesauce cake with ice cream.

All in all it hasn't been a bad 40th birthday :toot:

And also happy indeterminate birthday sometime this week, Redshirt!

HBD dorkus! my 40th is in a little over a month

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
HBD dorkus and redshirt and happy prebirthday bagmo

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Well, if my math checks out, there's more people then ever, so more ghosts than ever, so future Bustin forecasts are forever going up.

ABB- Always Be Bustin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Imagine the movie production companies AI continuing to generate and promote movies for its streaming services years after all the humans have died.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ugh, I don't want to think about that, not on Leap Day of all days! Real life is for March!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm going to be in the US next week!

Gonna have a 4.5 hour layover in LAX. Hopefully there's somewhere in the domestic terminal past security where I can hunker down and have a beer or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That song just sounds like the 80's. It's perfect.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looking at my options at LAX terminal 4... pickins are way slimmer than expected.

Edit: Apparently, all terminals are now connected post-security check now. Huzzah!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 29, 2024

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Ugh, I don't want to think about that, not on Leap Day of all days! Real life is for March!

Yeah the disturbing post-apocalyptic scenarios can wait until tomorrow :colbert:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm going to be in the US next week!

Gonna have a 4.5 hour layover in LAX. Hopefully there's somewhere in the domestic terminal past security where I can hunker down and have a beer or something.

Welcome to America! We're insane!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol my wife bought a switch game called dig deep and its just like a mobile idle game on switch, im hooked on digging hole

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

SIDS Vicious posted:

lol my wife bought a switch game called dig deep and its just like a mobile idle game on switch, im hooked on digging hole

Hole Simulator 5000

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

also i slept on the couch cuz beef jerky was cooking through the night

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Btw thanks everyone for birthday messages :cloudnine: here's a weird cloud I saw yesterday and a goofy pic of Mila that I love

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Why does no one ever hunker up?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Thank u PainterofCrap!

What kind of crap do you generally paint?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
guys I just saw they're remaking THE CROW

and the new guy in it looks like the loving Leto Joker. Teenage me is really upset

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:gary:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Btw thanks everyone for birthday messages :cloudnine: here's a weird cloud I saw yesterday and a goofy pic of Mila that I love

Is that a lenticular cloud? I'm guessing.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

That cloud is gonna eat the town :ohdear:

<3 MILA <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

:vince: