Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume, like colourblindness demonstrations work for me, that if you go to the autism reality experience while autistic you just can't see the difference.

But I really want to believe that it allows you to see into hyperreality or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I assume, like colourblindness demonstrations work for me, that if you go to the autism reality experience while autistic you just can't see the difference.

But I really want to believe that it allows you to see into hyperreality or something.

It's like the ending sequence of 2001

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lobok posted:

The thinking behind it is that enough people will continue to buy the product but at higher prices to make up for any lost sales. McDonald's has openly abandoned the "value" customer for the same reason. People are like "McDonald's, you're not the cheap go-to anymore!" and they go yeah, we know, and it's working out just fine for us.

"Oh yeah?! Well, surge THIS" [slaps a beret down onto the teenager's head]

Said in the frenchest accent possible.

zoux posted:

It wouldn't be funny if he was 12

It'd still be a little funny

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Feb 29, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cleretic posted:

I've thought about this. The best way to do an Autism Reality Experience is to have people walk into what looks like a completely normal social environment, but what they're supposed to be doing is both completely different from what they expect, and never explained.

Or you task them with something very normal and mundane in a social setting but every other person there is an actor intent on making them feel like everything they say is never quite the right thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SyNack Sassimov posted:

GamemasterAnthony is now 49. That's as much as seven 7s. And that's terrible.

:lol:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
it'd be hosed up if gamemaster anthony was like... a dedicated father, maybe looking after elderly parents, keeping in touch with his few old friends, and with all that and work he just kinda grew out of games. like on his birthday he's working, stops at the hardware store for a big washer to re-fix the cat's scratching post to the base, impulse buys a tiger milk bar, and he spends some time with his now nearly grown children who have grudgingly made him a single layer cake with one candle - they won't eat it cause they're dairy-free - but he knows this time before they move out is precious, so when he passes the entertainment unit, the one he hasn't kept up to date this generation because he's trying to help with college funds, he doesn't even feel regret that he's not partying with all those characters from his past. because his present, while it may seem dull from outside, is richer to him than consuming media properties now. that would be hosed up

sorry

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

You doing okay there buddy?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

wash bucket posted:

You doing okay there buddy?

Probably just needs a hug from their favorite game, comic, cartoon, tv show, and movie characters

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Game master Anthony will always be gaming in our hearts. Fly away game master nihilists

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Game master Anthony will always be gaming in our hearts. Fly away game master nihilists

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I had no idea they were so big. E: oh they're näätiä. I did know, then, just not what they were called in English :)

Noita thread is in the Video Games subforum, pal.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Lmfao it’s perfect

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lobok posted:

Or you task them with something very normal and mundane in a social setting but every other person there is an actor intent on making them feel like everything they say is never quite the right thing.

They walk into a restaurant, but it's not clear if there's assigned tables or how to order, there isn't a menu, and if you try to ask for any help everyone treats it like the dumbest question you could ask and doesn't give a helpful answer.

Someone, hire me, this'll be great.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it'd be hosed up if gamemaster anthony was like... a dedicated father, maybe looking after elderly parents, keeping in touch with his few old friends, and with all that and work he just kinda grew out of games. like on his birthday he's working, stops at the hardware store for a big washer to re-fix the cat's scratching post to the base, impulse buys a tiger milk bar, and he spends some time with his now nearly grown children who have grudgingly made him a single layer cake with one candle - they won't eat it cause they're dairy-free - but he knows this time before they move out is precious, so when he passes the entertainment unit, the one he hasn't kept up to date this generation because he's trying to help with college funds, he doesn't even feel regret that he's not partying with all those characters from his past. because his present, while it may seem dull from outside, is richer to him than consuming media properties now. that would be hosed up

sorry

I hope he's still pretending to eat birthday cake with Mega Man X and Alyx Vance

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Oh good I'm not the only one who heard it in his voice

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Cleretic posted:

They walk into a restaurant, but it's not clear if there's assigned tables or how to order, there isn't a menu, and if you try to ask for any help everyone treats it like the dumbest question you could ask and doesn't give a helpful answer.

And also the fan is incredibly loud, but if you mention it everyone acts like you're hallucinating

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, I’ve been to whataburger before.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gamemaster Anthony is real, and strong, and my friend

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Cleretic posted:

i hear Wendy's is looking for their next big thing

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
Gamemaster Anthony died on October 7th

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it'd be nice if gamemaster anthony was like... a dedicated father, maybe looking after elderly parents, keeping in touch with his few old friends, and still plays games sometimes. like on his birthday he's working, stops at the hardware store for a big washer to re-fix the cat's scratching post to the base, impulse buys a tiger milk bar, and goes home to his husband and two adopted kids, who have baked him a cake that looks like the faceship from Galaxy 2 and he loves it and them and afterwards they play their traditional birthday Among Us game and he feels blessed to be part of their lives where he can share his passion for every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality with them and they accept it sometimes but also think he's super embarrassing because that's how dads be

sorry

Fixed that for you

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/octopuscaveman/status/1763092512099672376?t=M8wMQP3Q0fvKWeDDG44Hrw&s=19

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Here we see the three genres of Frenchman: stripey shirt guy, sneering Academie Francais scholar, and waiter.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Philippe posted:

Fixed that for you

you can feel it coming, its truth. so you must deny it

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Biplane posted:

Gamemaster Anthony is real, and strong, and my friend

Everybody is his friend. It's kind of his thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

you can feel it coming, its truth. so you must deny it

No you're wrong. Nihilism is boring and radical positivity is superior.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Lobok posted:

Holy poo poo.

I've done a lot of escape room/immersive theatre work, know a lot of actors and immersive performers, and I'm on the waiting list for an ASD diagnosis.

Arts Council funding here we loving gooooo.

Edit:

Philippe posted:

No you're wrong. Nihilism is boring and radical positivity is superior.

:hellyeah:

Flint_Paper has a new favorite as of 13:24 on Feb 29, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Flint_Paper posted:

Holy poo poo.

I've done a lot of escape room/immersive theatre work, know a lot of actors and immersive performers, and I'm on the waiting list for an ASD diagnosis.

Arts Council funding here we loving gooooo.

Just make sure to give me credit. I'm gunning for the record for the number of mentions in the psychological literature and I do not mean citations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tree Bucket posted:

Here we see the three genres of Frenchman: stripey shirt guy, sneering Academie Francais scholar, and waiter.
Is this one of those 30 words for snow thing? Because I see the same guy 3 times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry. GamemasterAnthony continues to be a big nerd and reappears every couple of birthdays.

New York Magazine even got him to review Ready Player One a few years ago.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

New York Magazine even got him to review Ready Player One a few years ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Or maybe this (SA's image upload limits are rough)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly I'm just glad to hear he's okay with it. It would be a special kind of hell for my Birthday every year to be a reminder of an embarrassing post I made a decade ago.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/elmo/status/1763217569576534096

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Jesus christ Elmo!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Has Jorp fired back yet

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Nice try Elmo but that is clearly the Demon of Song.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

What does Kermit have to say about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I want to put something up for thread discussion; I'm not laying down the law, I'm asking.

Twitter embeds no longer work if you don't have an account. All you see is the URL. Would people be willing to put up screencaps alongside direct links? This also helps preserve tweets that are deleted after lots of feedback.