Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Dans Macabre posted:

sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipe

snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap into a slam jam.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I was actually saying saying it like how ad rock says mmmmmmm drooooooooooop

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

ohhh okay :p

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dans Macabre posted:

whenever someone talk about da dip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZPQdZLyHYE

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Dans Macabre posted:

bap bap dooooo wap skibby darp darp

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that early period of amiga video toaster music videos was so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY

also whoa did they literally remake it, this is way too high rez

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 2, 2024

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

also whoa did they literally remake it, this is way too high rez

yeah there's a mention about it being a 30th anniversary thing on their facebook

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah there's a mention about it being a 30th anniversary thing on their facebook

only 30? oh wait its probably a 5+ year old announcement gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAYSAYg9kPI

is that andy serkis coming in with the lady & gets in a fight?

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 2, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://kotaku.com/bored-ape-bayc-nft-clubhouse-otherside-mmo-test-beta-1851301371

quote:

You’ll Need To Spend $70k To Enter This Digital Bathroom And Twerk
The $300 million Bored Ape Yacht Club metaverse looks awful in its first big test
[/quote

[quote] It looks more like a browser-based 3D chat room from 2013 than a big, expensive 2024 metaverse project. But it falls short in that comparison, too, because at least in even the cheapest, crappiest of those virtual chat rooms, you could talk to people. You can’t actually chat in Otherside.

The moment players arrive in the NFT metaverse, they are attacked by a goat. This is the “lore” behind why nobody can talk.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
what kind of crappy bathroom is this?
theres not even pink uv lighting so i can blind myself

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wow. The apes look even worse in 3d.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
why are the people behind bored ape projects so obsessed with toilets, sewers, and making GBS threads

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EricBauman posted:

what kind of crappy bathroom is this?
theres not even pink uv lighting so i can blind myself

looks like the bathroom from Trainspotting

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
no cocaine in the bathroom either? wtf did i spend 70k on?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

The moment players arrive in the NFT metaverse, they are attacked by a goat. This is the “lore” behind why nobody can talk.
brb just got a fantastic idea for a Goat Simulator 3.0 level lit with germicidal UV-C electric blue and textured with a bunch of people's NFTs

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

i like how when a cryptocurrency project spends a few hundred million dollars on making a below-shovelware-tier game the ape lovers talk about how amazing it is because either it's the first game they've played since 1990 or because they're shilling, or both

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i loved that other ape game where people were raving about it having an online leaderboard

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Qwertycoatl posted:

i like how when a cryptocurrency project spends a few hundred million dollars on making a below-shovelware-tier game the ape lovers talk about how amazing it is because either it's the first game they've played since 1990 or because they're shilling, or both

never-scored ape .wad club

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Hammerite posted:

why are the people behind bored ape projects so obsessed with toilets, sewers, and making GBS threads

late stage irony poisoning by people with no sense of irony.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hammerite posted:

bloodhound gang did it better a million years ago anyway:
https://youtu.be/89tgpzE4qkY?si=tArUn3C-QeeuAMSS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like for three hundred million dollars you could commission an entire actual game from a reputable AAA developer but i assume there's just so much graft and incompetence they can't manage to ever do anything close to that so they're left with whatever they can get made on fiverr or something

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

like for three hundred million dollars you could commission an entire actual game from a reputable AAA developer but i assume there's just so much graft and incompetence they can't manage to ever do anything close to that so they're left with whatever they can get made on fiverr or something

It's by and large incompetence. They don't know technology they just have money. I mean can you imagine commissioning ubisoft or Microsoft to make a game? You might even... profit? (maybe).!

A crypto project that wanted to pay me to build some software was a crypto project back in the poop touching days. But it was stand by until project actually was released to public.

A month before their "project" was ready for release, 3 months after telling me his timeline, jackass managing it decided he wanted to add new features. Timeline pushed back! Also asked me if I knew of any devs who would work now with the promise of getting paid later. :fuckoff: was said nicely.

I said flat out "perfect is the enemy of good enough" and their response was basically gently caress you. a good 6 months later it wasn't done. I stopped caring or following after that.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite posted:

:projection:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

you spend $300m on game development that's $300m less pure grifting profit

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I really really really thought the whole NFT thing was done after folding ideas did the video.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dans Macabre posted:

I really really really thought the whole NFT thing was done after folding ideas did the video.

bitcoin is up so they're giving it another whirl

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Dans Macabre posted:

well it's 'done' in the same way that the BBBY apes' shares are cancelled but they keep trying to buy more somehow

cults and sunk cost go a long way!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah it's done it's just gonna take a while for the corpse to stop twitching

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
63k, good lord.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Escape From Noise posted:

Wow. The apes look even worse in 3d.

check your monitor

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dans Macabre posted:

the market has massively contracted but the bored ape company has a huge audience of pre-selected rubes
instead of releasing brand new nfts and marketing them to the crypto community at large they're making ones specifically tied in to the Monkey Jpeg Cinematic Universe.
the bad vrchat clone that lets you use your ape jpeg as an avatar only exists so they can sell a new series of "virtual land" nfts to those same jpeg-havers who are already confirmed to be dumb enough to spend $100k on nfts

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

geez

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Monkey Jpeg Cinematic Universe

I hate the future.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

idk, i wish i was the one who invented the machine that extracts money from rich idiots. i'd never buy one of those dumb things, but i can respect the grift. no actual poor person has been harmed in the making of the apes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

idk, i wish i was the one who invented the machine that extracts money from rich idiots. i'd never buy one of those dumb things, but i can respect the grift. no actual poor person has been harmed in the making of the apes.

except the artist who didn't get poo poo for it

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

well that part sucks, but i would have paid them on my way to rob the wealthy. hell, they can be part owner. a co-op of thieves

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

except the artist who didn't get poo poo for it

i think the artist is lucky they didn't get what they deserved for that work

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

evilweasel posted:

i think the artist is lucky they didn't get what they deserved for that work

yeah i went back to read where they are now and they had their own line of NFT's after their name got out there that were successful enough to pay the bills for a little while so ok i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

fritz posted:

check your monitor

Wow. Okay. Uncalled for.