Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
They should cast the studs separately and have you attach them, either to indicator holes or wherever you want :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Good news!

https://www.walthers.com/rivets-round-head-plastic-063-quot-diameter-pkg-100

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
gently caress yes. Full madness.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I tend to use Tichy Train Group rivets but it appears to be about the same product; they just happen to be the one my local model railroad store stocks.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Stephenls posted:

They're also, weirdly, easy to re-pose into being about the same height as the current plastics.

Do you have a guide or tips? I've been interested in picking up some V but the scale difference between my IVs and new III/VI already kills me so I've avoided it.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Nancy posted:

Do you have a guide or tips? I've been interested in picking up some V but the scale difference between my IVs and new III/VI already kills me so I've avoided it.

For the MkVs it isn't really anything, they're just kind of weirdly tall compared to the other older versions of the various armor marks. Leakycheese did a twitter thread where he compared the new MkVIs to all the various old versions of the armor; here's specifically the one with the MkVs:

https://x.com/Leaky_cheese/status/1523056586985517059?s=20

Click through for the rest of the thread, you can see they're closer to the new plastic MkVIs than any of the others at the crotch and eyeline. Just, like... put the legs in hot water for sixty seconds and sort of bend them so the stance is more upright and less bowlegged and you're good. It's nothing like the nightmare of trying to re-scale the old plastic MkIVs.

(There are still clearly problems with the proportions; the new plastic MkIIIs and IVs mount the shoulders and backpack higher. You might be able to solve that by just, uh, gluing the arms and backpack higher up on the torso.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 16, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stephenls posted:

I tend to use Tichy Train Group rivets but it appears to be about the same product; they just happen to be the one my local model railroad store stocks.

I gotta grab some sometime soon to stud up marines

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Is there a list somewhere of "Horus Heresy audio dramas and short stories that are not compiled into one of the number volumes"? I'm considering doing something ill-advised and self-destructive.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 17, 2024

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/22/heresy-thursday-artillery-of-the-solar-auxilia/

They gave the fully enclosed, sealed tank a detailed interior and additional crew models. If that doesn't encapsulate 30k, I don't know what does.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lol, they didn't even give the new 40k tank a floor.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
30k stays winning.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Those are some promising looking Solar Auxilia sprues.

Nice of them to include the waist twist.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Too much detail for 5 point guys for me, but you all have fun

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I loathe having tons of spindly bits sticking off of models, cause I know as soon as I drop it (and I will at some point), all those pieces will disappear forever.

Yes I have a lot of Mechanicum units why do you ask?

Other than that those look great.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Cool minis, they look like they'd paint up nicely and quickly. The subdued trim on the sergeant and the command squad is nice too.

That legate marshal is a real downgrade for the books though, swag-wise. From this:

to this

Although maybe there's going to be some sort of future replacement? Given that these guys don't seem to match up with the old command staff.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hey, rules question.

The Raven Guard Liberation Force Rite of War says, among other things:

Effect:

-All models from an Allied Detachment that is part of an army whose Primary Detachment is using this Rite of War gain the Stubborn special rule.

Limitations:

-A Detachment using this Rite of War may not include any models with the Slow, Heavy, Artillery, Bombard, or Automated Artillery Sub-types.
-An army whose Primary Detachment is using this Rite of War must include an Allied Detachment that is selected from the Solar Auxillia or Imperialis Militia army lists that includes at least four units.

Am I correct in assuming that the allied detachment, despite getting a buff from this Detachment, does not count as "using" it for purpose of being prohibited from taking Slow, Heavy, Artillery, Bombard, or Automated Artillery Sub-types?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

GhastlyBizness posted:

Cool minis, they look like they'd paint up nicely and quickly. The subdued trim on the sergeant and the command squad is nice too.

That legate marshal is a real downgrade for the books though, swag-wise. From this:

to this

Although maybe there's going to be some sort of future replacement? Given that these guys don't seem to match up with the old command staff.

So I was thinking about this, and I was looking at the the article that covers the new infantry kits in detail and comparing it to the kit reveal in the LVO article, and I found something kind of funny.

Here's what the LVO reveal has to say about that officer kit: "The battle group is led by a Line Command Section, in which an Auxilia Troop Master barks orders over the din of battle, while four capable Veterans act as their command staff – hoisting the banner, relaying comms, and protecting their charge from harm."

That perfectly fits the entry for the Solar Auxilia Line Command Section on page 88 of Liber Imperium, and makes it clear the kit is designed to cover that specific set of models on the range.

But in the new article, it says this: "Solar Auxilia armies are directed in battle by Tactical Command Sections, comprising an Auxilia Captain* and four Companion support staff, who augment the basic Lasrifle Section with a packed upgrade sprue." And the footnote after Auxilia captain says: "* The officers of the Solar Auxilia actually go by a dizzying variety of titles, but much like “Praetor” and “Centurion” for the Legiones Astartes, “Legate Marshal” and “Captain” are decent catch-all terms."

...which makes it sound like the Line Command Section is a kit designed to cover the Legate-Marshall and Solar Auxilia Companion Section units instead, in addition to the new Lifeward Section.

I think we're looking at a set of kits that were designed to do one thing and are being pressed into a stopgap role until more kits or upgrade sprues can be launched. In specific, I think the older model is supposed to represent a Legate Marshall in heavy void armor, while the one you build from the Line Command Section upgrade sprue represents one in artificer armor. I assume they'll release a kit with heavy void armor bodies later, hopefully as swaggy as the old resin one. Meanwhile, the shown-at-LVO-but-not-in-the-FOMO-box Veletaris Storm Section kit will be the source for reinforced void armor bodies and will probably get various upgrade kits to let it be turned into other reinforced void armor guys.

It also kind of wouldn't surprise me if instead of getting separate Lasrifle Section and Line Command Section kits, we get one infantry box with four of the five-man infantry sprues and two (or maybe just one) of the Line Command Section upgrade sprues. Four five-man infantry sprues and two command section upgrade sprues would be the exact same amount of plastic in the new Heresy Tactical Squad boxes -- if you look at the pictures of the sprues, it's clear the line command section upgrade sprue is about half the size of the five-man lasrifle section sprue.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Stephenls posted:

So I was thinking about this, and I was looking at the the article that covers the new infantry kits in detail and comparing it to the kit reveal in the LVO article, and I found something kind of funny.

Here's what the LVO reveal has to say about that officer kit: "The battle group is led by a Line Command Section, in which an Auxilia Troop Master barks orders over the din of battle, while four capable Veterans act as their command staff – hoisting the banner, relaying comms, and protecting their charge from harm."

That perfectly fits the entry for the Solar Auxilia Line Command Section on page 88 of Liber Imperium, and makes it clear the kit is designed to cover that specific set of models on the range.

But in the new article, it says this: "Solar Auxilia armies are directed in battle by Tactical Command Sections, comprising an Auxilia Captain* and four Companion support staff, who augment the basic Lasrifle Section with a packed upgrade sprue." And the footnote after Auxilia captain says: "* The officers of the Solar Auxilia actually go by a dizzying variety of titles, but much like “Praetor” and “Centurion” for the Legiones Astartes, “Legate Marshal” and “Captain” are decent catch-all terms."

...which makes it sound like the Line Command Section is a kit designed to cover the Legate-Marshall and Solar Auxilia Companion Section units instead, in addition to the new Lifeward Section.

I think we're looking at a set of kits that were designed to do one thing and are being pressed into a stopgap role until more kits or upgrade sprues can be launched. In specific, I think the older model is supposed to represent a Legate Marshall in heavy void armor, while the one you build from the Line Command Section upgrade sprue represents one in artificer armor. I assume they'll release a kit with heavy void armor bodies later, hopefully as swaggy as the old resin one. Meanwhile, the shown-at-LVO-but-not-in-the-FOMO-box Veletaris Storm Section kit will be the source for reinforced void armor bodies and will probably get various upgrade kits to let it be turned into other reinforced void armor guys.

It also kind of wouldn't surprise me if instead of getting separate Lasrifle Section and Line Command Section kits, we get one infantry box with four of the five-man infantry sprues and two (or maybe just one) of the Line Command Section upgrade sprues. Four five-man infantry sprues and two command section upgrade sprues would be the exact same amount of plastic in the new Heresy Tactical Squad boxes -- if you look at the pictures of the sprues, it's clear the line command section upgrade sprue is about half the size of the five-man lasrifle section sprue.

I think that's a good theory. Throwing in the command sprue as an upgrade. Hopefully it'll be 5 x 5 man sprues which would mirror whats in the fomo box.

The Veletaris sprue breakdown will be interesting as well. I wonder if it'll mirror the assault marines with 2x5 infantry sprues and 1 big sprue with axes etc.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

GhastlyBizness posted:

to this

To be fair the only real difference between the two models is that glorious coat. The armour bling looks about the same.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Stephenls posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the allied detachment, despite getting a buff from this Detachment, does not count as "using" it for purpose of being prohibited from taking Slow, Heavy, Artillery, Bombard, or Automated Artillery Sub-types?

You are correct!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I wonder if the draped Scion overcoat bit would fit.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's what looks like some sort of half-cape or something on the command sprue. Center-left. At least that's what I think it is.

It's still no match for the resin sculpt's sheer style. That's one kit I hope they keep around.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i would like to see some auxilia characters based on the weirder descriptions of officers from the Great Crusade:

quote:

Namatjira was wearing gold plate armour, with a fan of ostrich feathers around his head, and a ten-metre cape of peacock eyes held out behind him by his slaves. Liquid gold had been delicately painted onto his face by his cosmeticians, and it had dried to form a tissue-thin mask. He held a silver Mughal mace in one hand, the sunlight glinting off its many jewels, and a golden ritual saintie in the other. The torso of his armour was engineered with two extra pairs of cybernetic limbs, and these spread to clutch a pair of daggers and a pair of sabres. Six arms extended, Namatjira resembled the death goddess of ancient Sind myth.

quote:

To Namatjira’s left stood Khedive Ismail Sherard of the Outremars, a congenital dwarf dressed in graphite grey robes and a brow-circlet of titanium... Khedive Sherard stood on a small grav disk, suspended half a metre above the sand. The train of his grey robe, cut with a batwing edge, was held out behind him by eunuchoid slaves, each slave pulling taut a point of the batwing so that it seemed as if Sherard was spreading great pinions to ascend into the sky.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Militias & Cults list is probably the best way to execute that kind of thing.

I've been trying to map Imperial Navy breachers onto Solar Aux rules, and just realized now that they're a better fit for C&M grenadiers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think anyone should feel like they can convert a wacky great crusade weirdo as their legate marshal. I definitely tossed around a few ideas back when I was working on my aux, but that project's been on hold for a while. Some day!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Those weird dudes are deffo C&M, especially considering that the main unit the book follows is basically pike and shot.

While the new SAux Doctrine rules allow you to get freaky with it (unless you take Ultramar pattern, in which case everyone gets the license to alugh at uou), C&M is still where you go if you got more minis (and bitz) than sense.

Z the IVth posted:

To be fair the only real difference between the two models is that glorious coat. The armour bling looks about the same.

The resin cat not only had a lot more torso bling, it also had a very cool helmet option with a bitchin plume.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Safety Factor posted:

It's still no match for the resin sculpt's sheer style. That's one kit I hope they keep around.
The command unit has been gone for a while now. I am surprised that Aevos Jovan has stuck around as long as he has but I guess he doesn't sell that well, being a special character. I wonder if they will bring back MaSade or if they will even do any new special characters?...

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Jovan has rules in 2.0. MaSade doesn’t, at least not yet.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

It already exists in plastic albeit vertically challenged for 28mm.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Speaking about human commander boys, is there a way to kit them out other than "wish I was a praetor" or "no gear but basic?"

Aesthetically speaking, it feels like you should be able to have them commanding the battlefield and not punching faces, but what are they doing then aside of providing leadership thru vox and one WT reaction while alive?

Or should you stop worrying and give them whichever gear feels most fun?

E: anecdotally, almost all SAux on sale on Troll Trader are Jovans.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Go for fun. They are gonna get killed either by a Marine character they have no chance against or something like a Xiphon that doesn't have anything better to shoot at.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The resin Necromunda range has tons of fancy and wacky looking character models, wouldn't be hard to adapt something I would think.

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/necromunda-lady-credo-rebel-lord-2021?queryID=2a8a741c2fa922cecee80cd0d99cdf84

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/Baertrum-Aruros-III-2019?queryID=7f45cc1514d1ac9035df1adf15cd3e8f

Etc

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i would like to see some auxilia characters based on the weirder descriptions of officers from the Great Crusade:

That is utterly badass

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So I've been thinking about this even more.

First, some assumptions: I assume that GW looks at the Solar Auxilia as a relatively niche army in a relatively niche game; they are probably going to want to get the infantry side of the army out in as few separate expensive-to-manufacture moulds as possible. We can already see this in the way they're handling the space marine side of Heresy -- each space marine kit is made of sprues of five guys, with compatibility between body kits and upgrade kits. Everything is very tightly designed with as little redundancy as possible.

Solar Auxilia have four different armor options (not counting Charonite Ogryns): Void armor, reinforced void armor, heavy void armor, and artificer armor. My basic assumption is that the Lasrifle Section sprue we see is going to be the only source of void armor bodies for a while, and the Veletaris Storm Section kit (or at least its bodies; no way to tell whether the weapons are integrated into that sprue or separate yet) is going to be the only source of reinforced void armor. The Legate Marshal is the only unit in the Solar Auxilia who can take artificer armor, and we can already see that build on the Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue, so that's covered. Heavy void armor is only an option for Legate Marshals, Auxilia Captain/Marshals in the Tactical Command section, Veletarii First Primes in the Veletaris Command Section, and Veletarii Primes in the Veletaris Storm Sections and Veletaris Vanguard Sections -- in other words, it's exclusively for Legate Marshals and as an upgrade for squad leaders in HQ and elite squads.

In other other words... we may have already seen all the bodies the Solar Auxilia are going to get for the forseeable future. We've got void armored bodies; reinforced void armored bodies; a build for Legate Marshals wearing artificer armor; and as for the heavy void armored bodies, well, that might just be handled as something you put on your unit entry as a sergeant upgrade not necessarily reflected on the model itself.

That said I do hope that the Solar Auxilia eventually get a dedicated heavy void armor sprue and that it's based on these guys...

...because that "reinforced void armor with an armored overcoat draped over it" look is fuckin' great.

Anyway.

Here's the contents of the sprues we've already seen.

Lasrifle Section sprue:
5 void armored bodies without trim, 5 lasrifles, 5 bayonets, 5+ void armor helmets without trim (inc. one crested helmet without trim), 1 vox, 1 auxilia vexilla, 1 laspistol, 1 blast pistol, 1 needle pistol, 1 hand flamer, 1 plasma pistol, 1 power sword, 1 power fist, 1 charnable sabre, 1 melta bomb.

Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue:
5 alternate chest pieces with trim for the Lasrifle Section void armored bodies, 5~ alternate void armor helmets with trim (inc. 2 helmets with different crests), 1 artificer armor body, 1 cohorts vexilla, 1 command vox, 1 augury scanner, 2 lasrifles (one under an arm and one loose and suitable for being glued to a back or something), 1 volkite serpenta, 1 inferno pistol, 1 archaotech pistol, 1 holstered pistol that could represent any sort of pistol weapon, 1 thunder hammer, and 1 paragon blade.

For the Lasrifle Section sprue and Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue, I suspect the intent is that you use the no-trim bodies and helmets for troops (line command and rifle section), and the helmets and torso upgrades with trim for the HQ and elites (tactical command sections, companion sections, lifeward sections, and possibly medicae sections).

We have not yet seen the sprues for the Veletaris Storm Section, but we know they at least include 5 reinforced void armored bodies, 5~ reinforced void armor helmets (inc. one crested helmet) 5 volkite chargers, 5 storm axes, 1 laspistol, one half-drawn sword that's probably meant to represent a power sword, 1 vox interlock, and 1 auxilia vexila. We can also probably safely guess it'll include 1 needle pistol, 1 hand flamer, 1 plasma pistol, 1 charnable blade, and 1 power fist, as those are the sergeant weapon options for the Veletaris Storm Section.

Anyway. Let's go through the various Solar Auxilia infantry options (not counting Charonite Ogryn) and see if you can build them using just the components GW has already shown off:

Legate Marshal (Reinforced void armor or artificer armor)
Yes. If you want to give him an iron halo or a cyber familiar you'll have to source it from somewhere else, but iron halos and servo skulls are common bits. (I also wouldn't find it surprising if one of the upgrade sprues designed to work with the Veletaris Storm Section reinforced void armor bodies kit has a full "Legate Marshal in heavy void armor" body in it the way the Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue has a full "Legate Marshal in artificer armor" body.)

Tactical Command Section (Void armor; sergeant can take heavy void armor)
Yes. You'd have to source volkite chargers from the Veletaris Storm Section (the arms won't match) and boltguns from space marine kits. There is currently no source within the Horus Heresy line for combi-weapons (unless you count the old MkIVs), but you can get them from 40k kits.

Companions Section (Void armor)
Yes. You'd have to source the vox interlock and volkite chargers from the Veletaris Storm Section (again, the arms won't match on the chargers) and boltguns and chainswords from space marine kits. There is currently no source within the Horus Heresy line for grenade launchers or combi-weapons (again, unless you count the old MkIVs), but you can get them from 40k kits. There are currently no close combat weapon Solar Auxilia arms

Veletaris Command Section (Reinforced void armor; sergeant can take heavy void armor)
Yes. You'll have to source the command vox from the Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue, and it's for the wrong sort of armor so the helmet won't look right, but it can probably be fixed with kitbashing.

Veletaris Storm Section (Reinforced void armor; sergeant can take heavy void armor)
Yes; dedicated kit.

Veletaris Vanguard Section (Reinforced void armor; sergeant can take heavy void armor)
Yes, but you'd have to source rotor canons or heavy flamers from the space marine weapon upgrade kit. This is as close as we've gotten to a no so far, because a) rotor canons are the main weapon option for this unit type while heavy flamers are the main weapon upgrade, and b) space marine rotor canons and heavy flamers weren't designed with Solar Auxilia kits in mind, and from the look of it, these kits' arms weren't designed with the space marine weapon upgrades either.

Medicae Section (Void armor or reinforced void armor)
Firm no, no source of auto-medicus for void armor or heavy void armor. Our first firm no. That said it's not difficult to just paint a guy white and draw a red cross on his shoulder thereby violating the Geneva convention and say he's a medicae. The other problem here, though, is that their gear is pistols and close combat weapons, and there's no close combat weapon options in the range.

Lifeward Section (Void armor)
Yes; dedicated kit. New unit, the rules for which will be in The Battle for Beta-Garmon, but we're told they're built using the Lasrifle Section and Tactical Command Section sprues.

Line Command Section (Void armor)
Yes, fully.

Lasrifle Section (Void armor)
Yes; dedicated kit.

So... discounting the need for plastic Charonite Ogryn, with everything we've seen so far the Solar Auxilia infantry are almost completely covered. There are probably very few additional kits coming on top of this. If I had to guess I'd say we're missing two to four kits.

Missing kit 1: An alternate build for reinforced void armor guys that provides the missing bits from the Veletaris Command and Vanguard sections, plus, possibly, a heavy void armor body for the legate-marshal. This would be the Tactical Command Section upgrade sprue equivalent for reinforced void armor.

Missing kit 2 and maybe 3 and 4: Miscellaneous upgrades boxes. Maybe just one box, and maybe separate boxes for void armor and reinforced void armor -- the purpose of this/these kit(s) would be to a) provide extra poses for the various melee weapons that are currently only available on the sergeant arms, and b) provide the missing solar auxilia bolt guns and combi weapons, plus volkite chargers on regular void armor arms for people who want to give some of their regular void armor guys volkite chargers while retaining the visual distinction between regular and reinforced void armor. Likewise, close combat weapons and auto-medicae may be in a generic upgrade sprue or GW might sell a separate medicae section kit for those. What I would like to see is a generic weapons and gear kit for each of the two armor types that covers the things each armor type is missing, including close combat weapons and auto-medicae.

(Watch, tomorrow's Heresy Thursday is gonna reveal one of those missing kits.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 29, 2024

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I could see them going resin for some of the command options like they have with marines.

I feel like 30k has a limited sprue "budget" especially with infantry and they're getting as much as they can with as few sprues as possible for the infantry. Even with space marines there's only 3 main infantry sprues (vi, iii, vi assault) with two upgrade sprues. We're on at least 2 infantry with 1 upgrade (probably 2) with solar aux already.

But then we're getting like two different sentinel kits with one having two options. Would have probably preferred expanded infantry to those. So who knows what the ultimate strategy is

Looks like tanks will have a lot of shared sprues. At least a new upgrade sprue and it looks like the weapons between the leman russ and malcador kits are the same

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Demilich posted:

That is utterly badass

Spoiler Despite all the drip that guy doesn't even fight and dies after getting bitchslapped by a primarch while begging for his life.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Paragon8 posted:

I could see them going resin for some of the command options like they have with marines.

I feel like 30k has a limited sprue "budget" especially with infantry and they're getting as much as they can with as few sprues as possible for the infantry. Even with space marines there's only 3 main infantry sprues (vi, iii, vi assault) with two upgrade sprues. We're on at least 2 infantry with 1 upgrade (probably 2) with solar aux already.

But then we're getting like two different sentinel kits with one having two options. Would have probably preferred expanded infantry to those. So who knows what the ultimate strategy is

Looks like tanks will have a lot of shared sprues. At least a new upgrade sprue and it looks like the weapons between the leman russ and malcador kits are the same

The space marines also have four weapon kits, though -- the special weapons box; the heavy weapons box with volkite culverins, lascannons, and autocannons; the heavy weapons box with heavy flamers, multimeltas, and plasma cannons; and the heavy weapons box with missile launchers and heavy bolters. We also have reason to believe there will soon be at least one more added, with plastic melee weapons. I think it's entirely possible GW will fill out some of the gaps in the Solar Auxilia gear loadouts by putting out one or two of those for 'em, and that might be all they "need" as such.

Maybe they could do resin bodies for the heavy void armor the way they did resin bodies for the Necromunda Orlocks when they realized people didn't want all their Orlock gangers to be dudes. Make 'em compatible with plastic reinforced void arms. All that said, I just noticed that the Solar Auxilia Flamer Section resin kit is still in the store, so that hypothetical upgrade sprue for the Veletaris Storm Section to let them make Veletaris Command and Vanguard Sections might be a long time coming.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Stephenls posted:

The space marines also have four weapon kits, though -- the special weapons box; the heavy weapons box with volkite culverins, lascannons, and autocannons; the heavy weapons box with heavy flamers, multimeltas, and plasma cannons; and the heavy weapons box with missile launchers and heavy bolters. We also have reason to believe there will soon be at least one more added, with plastic melee weapons. I think it's entirely possible GW will fill out some of the gaps in the Solar Auxilia gear loadouts by putting out one or two of those for 'em, and that might be all they "need" as such.

Maybe they could do resin bodies for the heavy void armor the way they did resin bodies for the Necromunda Orlocks when they realized people didn't want all their Orlock gangers to be dudes. Make 'em compatible with plastic reinforced void arms. All that said, I just noticed that the Solar Auxilia Flamer Section resin kit is still in the store, so that hypothetical upgrade sprue for the Veletaris Storm Section to let them make Veletaris Command and Vanguard Sections might be a long time coming.

we have seen plastic veletaris and the resin models have been OOP for quite a while

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

we have seen plastic veletaris and the resin models have been OOP for quite a while

I'm talking about these.

I know we've seen plastic Veletaris. What we've seen is a plastic Veletaris Storm Section with volkite chargers and storm axes, which I've been talking about. My point was, there's a good chance we'll see a kit for the missing Veletaris Vanguard and Command Sections, possibly as an upgrade sprue to the plastic Veletaris Storm Section...

...but for the other Solar Auxilia troops that are getting plastic kits, their resin kits went OOP a while before the plastic kits were announced, and this resin Flamer Section kit -- which in Heresy 2nd edition is a loadout option for the Veletaris Vanguard Section -- is still in production now (albeit currently out of stock). That suggests it might be a while before we see upgrades for the Veletaris Storm Section to turn them into bodies for the other reinforced void armor options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Honestly just amazed that we’re going to get some painting guides for auxilia. They’ve been around for years but I swear there’s like one video on YouTube period and it’s using 3rd party 3d printed minis. A new age indeed.