Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

having children sounds like hell and i would never share my video games with them, gently caress no.

I have a couple of nieces and a nephew. I think that's a better way to do it. Then I can come over, destroy them at video games, buy them ice cream, let them stay up late, and then give them back. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I bought one. It rules.

Because I am an adult with a job and children it's extremely irresponsible of me to fart around and play video games all day, or when I have to be a parent and set an example that isn't "never put on pants and attach myself to the ps5."

I play my ps5 with the portal like I play my switch. In bed when the kids are asleep as god intended.

Is it dumb? Yeah, but I really like playing my Switch handheld and now I like my ps5 the same way.

an interesting anecdote, however...the PS5 has no games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

symbolic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxnvGDK0WGM

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

symbolic posted:

This is actually very true. I've spent more time playing ps4 games with no load times then I have ps5 games.

Also it's hard when games aren't very considerate of the little time I can spare these days. The Switch and the games for it are much easier to pick up and play for 45 minutes at night. Even with the Portal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

having children sounds like hell and i would never share my video games with them, gently caress no.

Nah having children owns, playing Nintendo with kids is a top tier gaming experience

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, I don’t want any kids of my own, but I’d be fuckin stoked for my brother to have some so I can be the Cool Nintendo Uncle

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

being a cool uncle absolutely rules. can confirm

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My young nephews thought I was bad at games because Im terrible at Fortnite but then I beat theor rear end in Tekken 8 and now they say im only good at boomer games. I cant win

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

symbolic posted:

Their second game comes out tomorrow I think

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Got my first heart kill in Slay the Spire! I posted about it in the StS thread but I’m totally riding this high for everything I can get from it and doubling posting about it in here!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
cool ngrats wild tortilla

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

hatty posted:

My young nephews thought I was bad at games because Im terrible at Fortnite but then I beat theor rear end in Tekken 8 and now they say im only good at boomer games. I cant win

Doesn’t help your case that they’re right

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Meowywitch posted:

lol the switch 2 is gonna still have a 32gb internal sd card drive and nothin else

I doubt it'll be that low but I wouldn't be surprised if it still ends up being somewhat tiny by modern standards size like 128 or 256 GB

Will be interesting to see how they handle expandable memory on the Switch 2, probably just be a Micro SD Card slot again but could be interesting if they take a cue from either Sony or Microsoft in how they've handled it for their current systems

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

drrockso20 posted:

I doubt it'll be that low but I wouldn't be surprised if it still ends up being somewhat tiny by modern standards size like 128 or 256 GB

Watch it still be eMMC, and slow as gently caress

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Wildtortilla posted:

Got my first heart kill in Slay the Spire! I posted about it in the StS thread but I’m totally riding this high for everything I can get from it and doubling posting about it in here!

:master:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Feels Villeneuve posted:

children are very bad at games and i can defeat most of them easily

some day I'm gonna boot up my playstation 1 and load some saves and chuckle at what the gently caress I was doing as an 11 year old

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hatty posted:

They're right

and that's okay

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hey man Rogue Legacy 2 addictive AF

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, I tried redownloading all stuff I could from the e-shop and inserting all my cartridges again on the OLED and I still have the ? save data. So I'm going to guess it's either games that were lent to me, poo poo that got corrupted or savefiles belonging to the extra accounts on the old Switch I didn't transfer. Mostly annoying cause one of them is over 800 MB size and no, it's not Animal Crossing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So Biomutant is getting ported.

I wonder if it's gotten any polish. It was such an interesting premise but they clearly had too many ideas and not enough polish.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Inzombiac posted:

So Biomutant is getting ported.

I wonder if it's gotten any polish. It was such an interesting premise but they clearly had too many ideas and not enough polish.

Ooh that game needed more than polish. The whole combat system needed to be revamped, for one. The single narrator, while an interesting idea, made the world flat. And the whole system where you take over territory was just half-baked as heck.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Completely off topic, but your avatar is cute :h:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Ew :regd10:

:theroni:

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I wish the expansion pack was a monthly option

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sarah Cenia posted:

Yeah that's pretty much the only reason I haven't just gotten it, I don't like doing annual subscriptions

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sarah Cenia posted:

I wish they had respected all those game purchase on the wii and put that stuff on the switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wish Donald Trump never been born

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

drat i wish for Kirby Air Ride 2 but you do you man

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe he’ll eventually succumb to some disease surrounded by loved ones so we never have to see him ever again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Maybe he’ll eventually succumb to some disease surrounded by loved ones so we never have to see him ever again

Don’t be silly, John Wick of Dogs has no loved ones.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Orange man bad

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
dont know who that is. when is diddy kong racing comin out

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Donald trump doesn't even own a switch, gently caress him

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah he does, he stole it from the White House with those files.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Joe Biden plays Mario Kart.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Joe Biden plays Mario Kart.

I would eat ice cream and play mario kart with joe

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Donald trump doesn't even own a switch, gently caress him

He owes 1,551,212 switches worth of money to New York currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

I would eat ice cream and play mario kart with joe

Yeah, but he'd fall asleep after the first lap.

e: or fall off of his kart.