Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Spookydonut posted:

me using easy to team kill with stratagems: its fine i'm good at using them oops that was their own fault they walked in to that

others using the same stratagems: what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Me wrt to every tk stratagem no matter the source:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Spookydonut posted:

me using easy to team kill with stratagems: its fine i'm good at using them oops that was their own fault they walked in to that

others using the same stratagems: what the gently caress

Me strategemming: hahaha, yes!

Me being strategemmed: what the gently caress

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mulva posted:

As a reminder, you can do that to any marker, and the drop pods all work like cheap orbital strikes.

I did this today watching one of my squad run from a Charger. "I wonder if this works..."

Splat.

JBP posted:

You see plenty of people running it in impossible difficulty and it fills a niche in the team. A common loadout is flamethrower and jump pack for blitz/egg missions.

If you use it a lot and get used to it you'll be good at using it too, which is more important than picking something "good" that you personally don't like using.

I like how my character just laughs madly if I'm going to town with the flamethrower.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the explosive handshake emote supposed to kick my friend to his own ship? :thunk:

ZearothK posted:

Thank you for doing your part.

I don't have it unlocked yet.

Rusty posted:

I just got the 500kg and it's great. I like the big explosion, small radius so I can still yell at people to move if I screw up. It's also really pretty.

Yeah, I've been running it all evening. :fuckoff:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Mulva posted:

As a reminder, you can do that to any marker, and the drop pods all work like cheap orbital strikes.

whenever ive tried throwing orbital bombardments at chargers they seem to just bounce off

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Orbital gatling barrage owns til probably diff 5 or 6

It's good forever against bugs imo. Throw it at a bug breach and it'll easily kill everything up to and including hive commanders and bile spitters as they pop out. Throw it at your feet while running and it will clean up everything chasing you. The cooldown is super short and the aoe is big enough to be useful but small enough that you can use it in close range without killing yourself and everything you love.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was trying out the orbital rail cannon tonight and I actually like it a lot, it's nice to be able to say "gently caress this thing in particular" when you need to delete a tank or a charger fast. Cooldown's a bit of an issue and the -10% doesn't sound too enticing but I might stick with it for a bit.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Threw a gatling strike pretty far away from the extraction point but the ext was on a hill and the shot angle was shallow, so the strike hit the hill. Whole team got wiped. One player boarded the shuttle as soon as we spawned, beginning the countdown to liftoff. Everyone else ran to recover samples but never made it onto the shuttle in time

I apologised. Host was real pissed, but I don't have much sympathy considering they'd been dropping Eagles on me all mission

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

nothin like calling out an airburst in vc, telling people to back the gently caress up from the bug breach, and then watching 2+ people walk directly into the breach :sludgepal:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

a couple of my gaming buddies is refusing to get this and it’s bumming me out. It’s impossible to overstate how cool this game is. the gameplay is cool enough but the metagame and planned content and universe push it over the top. this is the best forty bucks (actually 80, I bought the premium battle pass and some currency without really knowing why)I’ve spent on a game in a very long time.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

Threw a gatling strike pretty far away from the extraction point but the ext was on a hill and the shot angle was shallow, so the strike hit the hill. Whole team got wiped. One player boarded the shuttle as soon as we spawned, beginning the countdown to liftoff. Everyone else ran to recover samples but never made it onto the shuttle in time

I apologised. Host was real pissed, but I don't have much sympathy considering they'd been dropping Eagles on me all mission
This is probably the only game I've ever played where I get teamkilled consistently and laugh at it. My favourite is always when someone's dropping a much needed airstrike only to have it knocked out of their hand from a charger or something and doom the entire squad.

Nearly lost all our reinforcements on a simple mission we should have had in the bag, but I kept dropping mines everywhere and my mate kept stumbling into them every time.

This is the first game in years the whole crew has actually purchased and played together. I feel like I'm fuckin' around in high school again. I've been a slob.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Oneiros posted:

nothin like calling out an airburst in vc, telling people to back the gently caress up from the bug breach, and then watching 2+ people walk directly into the breach :sludgepal:

:thatsrad:

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Ok, I don't know how long this will last, but if you go to the specials section on the steam front page, Helldivers 2 is $13 (but if you go straight to the game page, it's still 40). I just grabbed a gift copy and it seems to work.

I'm sure it's a mistake, so get to it while you can.

Edit: Oh my god, it's a scam. Do not follow this advice. I have no idea how it's possible. Search "Figurality game" and you'll see what I mean.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 1, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Has to be a mistake, it says it's until march 8th.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Those are fake listings of other games that have changed their names to Helldivers.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

they fix the armor yet?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

a couple of my gaming buddies is refusing to get this and it’s bumming me out. It’s impossible to overstate how cool this game is. the gameplay is cool enough but the metagame and planned content and universe push it over the top. this is the best forty bucks (actually 80, I bought the premium battle pass and some currency without really knowing why)I’ve spent on a game in a very long time.

:sever:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Finally hit 20 and got my railgun. Also got g-16 frags. With both of those in my loadout, turns out that closing holes is a huge PITA! But the armor does pop off those chargers nice and quick. I can let one of my lower level pals deal with holes.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Finally hit 20 and got my railgun. Also got g-16 frags. With both of those in my loadout, turns out that closing holes is a huge PITA! But the armor does pop off those chargers nice and quick. I can let one of my lower level pals deal with holes.

i was wondering why a couple peeps i dropped in on this evening kept pinging a single bug hole while i was off blasting a different nest. then i realized they were both carrying railguns and were out of grenades

they dropped a pod on it as i was finally getting around to them

also i'm learning to hate the shield pack because it makes your hitbox bigger and i can't squeeze an autocannon shell by your ear. also those fuckin' drones are suicidal and will wander into my line of fire too

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

the beam drones annoy the heck out of me by occasionally searing my butt when they start turning to shoot at something and it makes me panic thinking a bug got on me somewhere.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm really glad they made the objective inputs audible so in the quiet lull between fighting we can all hear you gently caress up the inputs 3 times in a row

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I just completed an entire helldive campaign as a duo with horrible op mods, do not recommend

:suicide: Complex Strategem Plotting (+100%) :suicide:

RBA Starblade posted:

If you're taking time to line up your shots you're playing wrong

You kind of have to on 7+

hbag posted:

whenever ive tried throwing orbital bombardments at chargers they seem to just bounce off

Try throwing the resupply at it :v:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

JBP posted:

Super citizen gets the premium warbond, armour that looks cool, but has an equivalent in the main (free) warbond and a DDR minigame on the ship. All the guns are in the warbonds.

You can easily buy the premium warbond by picking up money in game. In fact the free warbond lets you unlock currency very quickly.

E: whoops it does come with the Knight SMG. I've never used it lol.

their democracy officer also gets an eye patch

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

tokenbrownguy posted:

they fix the armor yet?

Yes, but then the robots took it away (Malevelon Creek forever!) and were in a quantum super position of armor effectiveness based on your commitment to the Super Earth. If the armor isn't working, that's on you, soldier!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kly posted:

their democracy officer also gets an eye patch

My democracy officer had an eyepatch even before I upgraded to Super Citizen.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Mine does not have an eye patch and I'm a super citizen.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I like the implication that the Democracy Officer has two good eyes but he wears the patch inconsistently for dramatic effect.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My democracy officer had an eyepatch even before I upgraded to Super Citizen.

JBP posted:

Mine does not have an eye patch and I'm a super citizen.

oh! the friends i play with who had eye patch officer all had super citizen and the ones who didnt buy it had no eye patch officer.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Mine has no eyepatch but he has some pretty gnarly scars on his face

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

mine has two eye patches

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

ErKeL posted:

This is probably the only game I've ever played where I get teamkilled consistently and laugh at it. My favourite is always when someone's dropping a much needed airstrike only to have it knocked out of their hand from a charger or something and doom the entire squad.

Nearly lost all our reinforcements on a simple mission we should have had in the bag, but I kept dropping mines everywhere and my mate kept stumbling into them every time.

This is the first game in years the whole crew has actually purchased and played together. I feel like I'm fuckin' around in high school again. I've been a slob.

I usually laugh it off yeah. It shouldn't, but it irritates me someone else is treating the game way too seriously, only when they get hit

I laughed out loud recently when at extraction someone said "my bad sorry". I looked around wondering what had gone wrong when I was suddenly blown into the sky

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
i've noticed every crew member has a different name on different destroyers.

Mines Democracy Officer Englund

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Huh Englund is the name of my Tech. My Democracy officer is Nummi. The Shipmaster is Lindgren.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Thumbtacks posted:

last ship out baby let's go

I've had two of these which makes me think it's actually impossible for it to be true

I hope it is though because my democracy officer would love that kind of dedication to the cause

GlyphGryph posted:

How do I use the arc thrower effectively?

I've mostly been shooting it, and it hits a robot and leaves a scorch mark on their body (even the smaller bots, it feels like) and does nothing else. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing to make it useful.

I'm not a huge fan, but it does do damage to them every time, and it spreads to nearby enemies. Best against grouped up enemies, and it ignores armor so that's nifty. That being said I'm a rail gun guy all the way

Darox posted:

What is everyones favourite armour trait?
I've been using Servo Assisted (extra throw range, extra limb health) basically the entire time and I love it. I picked it up initially for the throw distance but the extra limb health is low key incredible. I took it off for a bit and realized that other people actually have to care about limb damage when taking hits, which burns through stims faster and can really screw you. Meanwhile Servo armour means you only get limb injuries when artillery blows them off your torso.

That's my favorite perk but I don't have a light armor that has it. And with armor values not working taking anything but light armor seems little a mistake

Sindai posted:

Give heavy armor the same debuff immunities the backpack shield grants.

A good first step would just be to have them work.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Yeah someone said earlier they also all look different. Or at least there are some different versions

Play fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 1, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've been using the trailblazer scout armor from standard warbond page 7 and loving it. I'll probably have to rely on the shield pack even harder when armor does get fixed but it's speed and stamina and stealthiness are just lovely. Tried doing a bug mission with the orange engineer medium armor that gives extra grenades, because bug holes, without the shield pack and I felt way too slow. Extra grenades are nice though, I need a light armor with extra grenades.

Made it to helldive with some randoms last night and today I've been mucking around with different non meta stuff, because breaker, shieldpack, railgun, laser is super strong but I want to get good with other stuff. I feel like I really like all of the eagle options more than the orbital options, outside of laser and railgun.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The Incendiary Breaker shotgun from the premium warbond seems pretty good.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Darox posted:

What is everyones favourite armour trait?
I've been using Servo Assisted (extra throw range, extra limb health) basically the entire time and I love it. I picked it up initially for the throw distance but the extra limb health is low key incredible. I took it off for a bit and realized that other people actually have to care about limb damage when taking hits, which burns through stims faster and can really screw you. Meanwhile Servo armour means you only get limb injuries when artillery blows them off your torso.
"The distance enemies can spot you at is reduced by 30%" and it's not close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

This has been one of the worst launch experiences ever. but its so fun when it works. I am back in the 'its not working' camp after the patch yesterday reintroduced the infinite loading bug related to cinimatics