Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fritzler posted:

Is it possible to just go to a Lego store and buy this? Or do you have to spend the minimum amount and that’s the only way?

people will also resell GWP, usually recent ones will go for about 40~ and the price increases there from how rare/old it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Borsche69 posted:

people will also resell GWP, usually recent ones will go for about 40~ and the price increases there from how rare/old it is

It's usually about 2x the cost threshold. In that area. So a $200 would be $40. $250 is $50. $100 is $20. But don't quote me on this.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

It's usually about 2x the cost threshold. In that area. So a $200 would be $40. $250 is $50. $100 is $20. But don't quote me on this.

yeah that sounds about right. it kinda surprises me that enough are in circulation to keep the price 'somewhat' reasonable. although there's not a ton of GWPs that are all that crazy or jawdropping or 'must have' i guess (unless you're one of the crazy star wars guys)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There are a lot of LEGO resellers and selling free stuff is just extra profit. If you are on top of things and have the space and enough capital to get started, you can pull in pretty decent $.

And then there are the lazy asses who just list every set on lego.com on ebay for 50% more than retail and drop ship any purchases made by the clueless.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Get the frog-obsessed guy to do the Vent Core

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like a dude in a trench coat flashing people lol

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Decided not to get the ornithopter, now I'm looking to buy the micro space gwp. Bricklink north american shops have it for $55+ ($70 on ebay) which seems high for a $200 purchase threshhold gwp. Think that will come down since it's still brand new or is it only up up up once these things are done?

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 1, 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It will probably go back to normal after a while. I'm guessing they are riding on people who just missed it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

Decided not to get the ornithopter, now I'm looking to buy the micro space gwp. Bricklink north american shops have it for $55+ ($70 on ebay) which seems high for a $200 purchase threshhold gwp. Think that will come down since it's still brand new or is it only up up up once these things are done?

It's going to go up. It was obvious from the beginning that that was not a set to try on the secondary market. It's been years since a GWP came out that was that obviously going to be in demand. If they just released it to stores as a retail item, it would have sold out immediately.

If you could get it for $50, snatch it up ASAP. I wouldn't count on that, though. If you want it, just get it now. If there is a GWP you want in the future and are on the fence, ask in thread if people think it is going to be a pricier item.

Sorry to give you bad news.

Cojawfee posted:

It will probably go back to normal after a while. I'm guessing they are riding on people who just missed it.

It's already consistently selling for $60-$70 or more. That's the current normal.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Planet Earth and Moon isn't orderable yet. :sad:

Red Fox is, though.

EDIT: Refreshing on my Wish List made them pop up for ordering separately.

1875 points shy of 13k for the $100 off the TiE Interceptor (which I really hope they're going to show off soon).

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 1, 2024

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And there is a queue. Hooray.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Looks like a dude in a trench coat flashing people lol

Shockingly accurate for the S'pht:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I managed to order the orrery and the 3 new Technic space sets, plus the Speed Champions Ford Mustang, from a combination of the big chain stores over here in Aus - and the crazy thing was the Technic sets were at a pretty substantial discount so I've saved over 30% of the Lego.com price.

The danger is that these stores get hit pretty hard by online orders (like I've just done) so there is a possibility that I'll get a "whoops, we actually out of stock soz" email in a bit on some of those orders. But ah well, if I need to pay full price I'll do it for those.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Looks like the new GWP and Insiders rewards aren't out in Australia.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Lego orrery Sun is a crime against humanity.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

~Coxy posted:

The Lego orrery Sun is a crime against humanity.

Why are you looking straight at it?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Do liscensed mini figs ever make it on pick-a-brick?
I want to make the owlry but I don't want to buy a HP set. But I noticed some of the owls are not yet on PAB. Is that normal?

E: I didn't realize how otherwise easy it was to just buy all the parts for a set, y ou can search by set number and it will pull all the parts and it will tell you how many are supposed to be in the set. Plus the instructions have numbers you can copy paste for those licensed bits they didnt list.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 1, 2024

Veotax
May 16, 2006

No, LEGO is straight up not allowed to sell licensed parts separately, only in full sets. You're never going to see any licensed parts or minifigs on Pick A Brick unless it's generic enough that it can be detached from the license and used in other contexts.

I think it's part of the standard deal LEGO does with partners. I know that we got in trouble at one point for some Star Wars fridge magnets that were just like a minifig and a base, but the minifig could be removed. Whatever company was making SW action figures was saying that by basically selling minifigs separately on those magnets, we were selling action figures. The magnets got glued afterwards. At least that's what I was told in training.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

It's going to go up. It was obvious from the beginning that that was not a set to try on the secondary market. It's been years since a GWP came out that was that obviously going to be in demand. If they just released it to stores as a retail item, it would have sold out immediately.

If you could get it for $50, snatch it up ASAP. I wouldn't count on that, though. If you want it, just get it now. If there is a GWP you want in the future and are on the fence, ask in thread if people think it is going to be a pricier item.

It's already consistently selling for $60-$70 or more. That's the current normal.

I've favourited several on Vinted and they're not selling for £40. Sellers are slowly inching them down.

I think it'll settle at a lower price like the Blacktron cruiser and forest hideout.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Veotax posted:

No, LEGO is straight up not allowed to sell licensed parts separately, only in full sets. You're never going to see any licensed parts or minifigs on Pick A Brick unless it's generic enough that it can be detached from the license and used in other contexts.

I think it's part of the standard deal LEGO does with partners. I know that we got in trouble at one point for some Star Wars fridge magnets that were just like a minifig and a base, but the minifig could be removed. Whatever company was making SW action figures was saying that by basically selling minifigs separately on those magnets, we were selling action figures. The magnets got glued afterwards. At least that's what I was told in training.

Perhaps you can answer. And this is also a heads up for everyone:

the micro ninjago city is up in the rewards section for 2900 points. I am guessing that means it is not a GWP. Can you confirm, deny?

E: it's $400 worth of VIP points, btw. Really really high.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

The only comparable thing is the Death Star II GWP last year, which is currently capped out at 90 bucks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Borsche69 posted:

The only comparable thing is the Death Star II GWP last year, which is currently capped out at 90 bucks.

The batmobile from a few years back was $$. No idea if it has maintained the price.

---

Looks like the flower shop is already gone. That was quick.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Veotax posted:

yeah that makes sense.
Brick link it is then

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

the micro ninjago city is up in the rewards section for 2900 points. I am guessing that means it is not a GWP. Can you confirm, deny?

Don't know poo poo, I'm afraid. When it comes to GWPs and the like, I just know what's coming in the next month. Like the article with March's rewards only got put up like this week. As for Insiders rewards, sometimes they get put in that article when they launch, sometimes they just go up on the reward centre without warning. Not seen anything about the micro ninjago city yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

The luckiest GWP I've scored is the Yoda lightsaber which last time I checked was worth about $250

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I very happily placed my order for the Dark Horse and MacLaren Speed Champ sets this morning and immediately after checkout realized that the shipping address was not mine in NY but my mother's in SD. Because the last set I bought was the sunflower for her. Once again though, Lego Customer Service was more than happy to help out the fully formed adult that can't stop making mistakes.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

The luckiest GWP I've scored is the Yoda lightsaber which last time I checked was worth about $250

I really need to keep better track of this poo poo I’d sell the poo poo out of mine for 250.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't sold mine out of sheer laziness. Yoda having a lightsaber is a prequel thing so idgaf about having that set. Wish I had caught the Luke one though

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The luckiest reward I scored was the Ulysses Space Probe which I gave to a good friend of mine as a Christmas gift who likes Space-themed Legos even more than I do.

I nabbed it with sheer dumb luck anyway.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I still have my stupid Darth Revan Minifigure that's somehow worth $250-$350+ ??????????????????????????????????????

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

veni veni veni posted:

I got loving hosed on that one and I'm still mad about it.

Was in my cart/order when I placed it. Then a bit later I got my order confirmation and it disappeared. I got some paltry amount of VIP points as a make good.

Bah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it was kind of a haphazard GWP cause of the pandemic so it only ended up being available for part of single day. I think I only got one cause I went to the actual Lego store and I was literally the only one in there. They threw in like 4 extra little GWP items in there for me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The tough part with lego appraisal is the demand. There's certainly a fair number of stuff that is both very valuable and very in demand, but once you get outside those there's a steep cliff where "rare" stuff is valued highly but only sells once or twice a year.

Like load up set 10187 on ebay, the ugly vw beetle. Sealed boxes commonly get listed for $800 but sold sets are usually under $500.

I feel like demand for classic space stuff is pretty inflated, lots of hype from a vocal minority when a set is announced but once the initial crush is satisfied no one gives a poo poo. Granted I'm no market analyst but from watching on the sidelines it feels like a safe conclusion.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

xzzy posted:

The tough part with lego appraisal is the demand. There's certainly a fair number of stuff that is both very valuable and very in demand, but once you get outside those there's a steep cliff where "rare" stuff is valued highly but only sells once or twice a year.

Like load up set 10187 on ebay, the ugly vw beetle. Sealed boxes commonly get listed for $800 but sold sets are usually under $500.

I feel like demand for classic space stuff is pretty inflated, lots of hype from a vocal minority when a set is announced but once the initial crush is satisfied no one gives a poo poo. Granted I'm no market analyst but from watching on the sidelines it feels like a safe conclusion.

Considering how many of us were able to get galaxy explorers for $50, I'd say you're right.

Attention very loud space fans: get more space stuff (m-tron!!!!) built that will be sold for half off!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah I don't think classic space stuff is going to happen much after the galaxy explorer. I wonder how hyped Lego thought people would be for it only for it to constantly go on sale for 50% off so retailers could get rid of it for shelf space.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i went ham at the lego store today

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Thanks! I had some points lying around for some reason.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i went ham at the lego store today

Sell me your flower house!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You have a need

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

w00tazn posted:

I still have my stupid Darth Revan Minifigure that's somehow worth $250-$350+ ??????????????????????????????????????

Is it really? Wasn’t there a second stab at it such that there’s a fair amount of them out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
More Dune sets?
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fcj7f0ctydrlc1.jpeg
It'd be rad, but I don't know what they'd do. Maybe a mini sand worm.