Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just merge the TNA, WWE & AEW threads into one big "Bad TV Wrestling" thread imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please include all the Japanese promotions in that thread too. They televise their shows on the Internet and are effectively "On TV" unless you're really pedantic, weird, and possibly think about the differences between people

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Jeff your cutting comments yesterday legitimately tanked my mood, still feeling bad today.

I am sorry for that. I consider you a posting pal and don't wanna hurt your feelings. But you also just seem like you're not having much fun anymore and it kinda bums me out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

seems really mean, jeff

That's what the M stood for all along

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i think the current wwe office should be gassed

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This is more of an informal survey than anything else. A bunch of people seemed to really dislike an old thread that made note of problematic content in old wrestling, but the "idiots on social media thread" effectively does the same thing with people who are much less relevant to anything, mostly because they're being paid to stir poo poo up in some capacity.

I actually kind of learned a few things from the old thread, particularly regarding slurs aimed at native Americans and Mexicans, given that I'm British. I don't meet many native Americans or Mexicans so it helps to know what well-known terms are actually offensive. I had a horrible feeling that because Excalibur was often featured from the mid 2000s, people disliked it due to the silly WWE vs AEW tribal bollocks, but then it also provided more than ample evidence of WWE and Vince McMahon's aptitude for putting crimes on screen by extension.

I don't really know what my point is, just something for folks to debate I guess. I think my posts are true ignored or whatever it is anyway. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think anybody here disliked that thread, if I recall correctly, it was just a bunch of drive by QCSers that bitched and moaned about it, wasn't it?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its time to return the carnie thread to its rightful place. tony i know you are reading this... post the thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the complaints about that thread i remember were always asking what the point of it was, rather than being about this or that person in the business and who they were associated with. i don't believe it would be a good idea to read into that as being about tribalism without good proof but maybe there was some that i don't remember. i would say compared to the idiots on social media thread, one is about posting stupid stuff people are saying recently to laugh at and to make fun of, while the old slurs thread was about cataloging old slurs but making sure not to say them either. you're actually not supposed to post really horrible poo poo that just makes everyone feel awful in the idiots thread at all.

i didn't care that it existed, but i admit to enjoying when people would make fun of the conceit of the thread inside the thread itself, because the historical recording was sometimes (not always) invalidated by asterisks making it difficult to know what was said. i stress that i understand this wasn't always the case. and i hope by responding to the survey honestly this isn't seen as being a drat piece of poo poo rear end hole. i'm sorry if i am

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Cavauro posted:

i didn't care that it existed, but i admit to enjoying when people would make fun of the conceit of the thread inside the thread itself, because the historical recording was sometimes (not always) invalidated by asterisks making it difficult to know what was said. i stress that i understand this wasn't always the case.

I think the OP censored something innocuous like rear end in a top hat at some point and people came by to say OOOH THAT'S A NAUGHTY WORD! sarcastically, but the OP took it straight on and s*****d c*******g e********g.

quote:

and i hope by responding to the survey honestly this isn't seen as being a drat piece of poo poo rear end hole. i'm sorry if i am

It was a good survey response, no worries Cavvo me old mucker.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The thread was always weird but harmless it just got silly as gently caress when OP started doing that as well as things like “wrestler said a word that rhymes with another word that you might hear used in the movie Hocus Pocus, when talking about the kind of person the trio of antagonists were”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

The thread was always weird but harmless it just got silly as gently caress when OP started doing that as well as things like “wrestler said a word that rhymes with another word that you might hear used in the movie Hocus Pocus, when talking about the kind of person the trio of antagonists were”

suddenly starting to get FOMO about never reading that thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
make a new wwe thread but keep out the cody crybabies

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you make a thread but nobody can post in it is it even a thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I should also make not that the thread didn't get gassed or trolled into being closed, the OP just randomly decided after meeting and talking to a new friend group that even he didn't really know what the point of the thread was and closed it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that thread was stupid lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just make a thread about the attitude era to lol at if you care but if you are going to go through every episode of raw to go over everything problematic that has ever happened in the wwe then you are wasting your time. we know... spend your time doing something fun instead

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 1, 2024

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Oh God, I forgot about this, lol.

I think cataloguing this poo poo for the sake of it is pointless but idk, I guess I found it more interesting than the social media thread which seemed somewhat adjacent when I made the post and was wondering where folks stood on it. I seemed to remember the reception to the old thread being weirdly hostile but my memories are like scrambled eggs. Cav made a good point in pointing out that hate isn't permitted in the social media thread too.

Thanks for the responses to my weird drunkpost, haha.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That thread taught my Excalibur the character in PWG made Archie Bunker seem woke.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Can we discourage posting random messages from third-hand sources on a gossip reddit that imply people are paedophiles

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can we discourage posting random messages from third-hand sources on a gossip reddit that imply people are paedophiles

I think wwe threads need to be closed until the forum can prove they can be normal about something like this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NienNunb posted:

I think wwe threads need to be closed until the forum can prove they can be normal about something like this

Wrestling fans are very stupid (as proven by a certain study you’ve read) and unfortunately that’s not just poor WWE fans, we saw it recently with AEW too and the Chris Jericho nonsense

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wrestling fans are very stupid (as proven by a certain study you’ve read) and unfortunately that’s not just poor WWE fans, we saw it recently with AEW too and the Chris Jericho nonsense

That was also WWE fans

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was also WWE fans

not really - now some aew fans who post in these forums just assume Jericho is a sex pest now despite that report being extremely biased.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
his wife was at jan 6 thats funny enough on its own without conspiracy theories

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

not really - now some aew fans who post in these forums just assume Jericho is a sex pest now despite that report being extremely biased.

Their heart and intentions tell them it's true

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was going to say we should just ban the one person who keeps consistently posting unfounded Internet rumors for clout but it turns out it wasn't that poster this time!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I think the Hell thread is ready to take a break

Once Mel Mudkipper sees it as an invitation to break a forum ban the mock thread rot is in

Too many real demons coming out of the portal

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sting saved AEW... time to gas

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

When aren’t you saying this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hmmmm

fez_machine posted:

AEW Hell thread is turning towards in-fighting. Maybe it needs a break? Or shut down? Negative views only threads tend to go toxic at some point anyway.

fez_machine posted:

Once Mel Mudkipper sees it as an invitation to break a forum ban the mock thread rot is in

Too many real demons coming out of the portal

plus the history of trying to get EPA shut down

ask questions….

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Open the gates of hell, demons creep in, etc etc, i say keep it open

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

plus the history of trying to get EPA shut down

yeah, I don't like it

it's a one thread forum now

EPA style posting is completely parasitic and a dead end street.

No wonder I think the EPA chat outpost thread that also breaks containment on freaks should be shut down

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just don’t go in the threads you don’t like

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

one weird trick

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please don't use Mel showing up and being asked to leave as an in to get action on your own problem with there being spaces where people can be a little mean or whatever. You had this problem before Mel and you had this problem with the EPA. Just move on about a thing that does not impact you in any real sense.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
But people can be mean in normal threads?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

3 years of fighting a culture war that exists only in your head. Like one of those dudes on an island after WW2 but there wasn't a war and you didn't have to go outside or experience hardship or anything.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think it’s funny that Mel showed up and got chased out. Using that as a launchpad for your posting bugaboo is a little sad, if we’re being honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

people can do a lot of things