Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

gently caress I hate it when they don't fine tune accessory attachment for every character and you end up with clipping issues like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TheKub posted:

Boy, naming your company "X" is just the dumbest poo poo. Like I know what you are saying but it looks like a placeholder for some other word. I get a hearty :lol: when news continues to say "the platform X, formerly known as Twitter"

Elon has been obsessed with making X happen since before he lucked into the PayPal sale

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Let's make numbers racist. 111 is racist now. It means one people one land one leader.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7gwBfoLK1Y

quote:

Nineteen-year-old Avraham Gil, accused of running over a Sunny Isles Beach police officer with his motorcycle, returned to the Miami-Dade County jail to get a new mug shot after a judge ordered him to be held on house arrest.

Gil, of Aventura, made national headlines after his attorneys made a failed attempt to claim diplomatic immunity following his arrest in late January; his father works at the Israeli consulate in Miami.

On Wednesday, police said he ended up assaulted by another inmate, Blake Elvis Ermus, 32, while sitting in a holding cell. It all revolved around sausages, they said.

Gil told investigators that he “was having a conversation with the defendant (Ermus) about the ingredients of the sausages. At some point, the defendant approached the victim and punched him multiple times.”

which one of you goons beat him up?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
About drat thyme.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

I think we need more info on the sausage controversy.

Were they, in fact, hotdogs?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It was Hal

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Just post about hot dogs until your fingers are *small bits bits of bone*. It's *sage* advice.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Stoatbringer posted:

I think we need more info on the sausage controversy.

Were they, in fact, hotdogs?

What's a hotdog?

Oh you mean the sandwich.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Reply to trumps motion to not have to pay a bond to appeal the E Jean Carroll judgement

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.543790/gov.uscourts.nysd.543790.303.0_1.pdf

quote:

But what Trump proposes here is nothing at all. In support of his position he fails to cite a single controlling (or even persuasive) case. Instead, he gestures to a handful of scattered out-of-circuit district court cases, most of which were decided, as teenagers say today, in the “last century”

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 1, 2024

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Witch Hunter Biden sounds like a neat show

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Harald posted:

computer please render me an image of
Chris Pratt and a velociraptor sharing
a bucket of shrimp at the Bubba gump
shrimp company

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

:mmmhmm:

It really is super bizarre, seems like a great way to work the chuds up into a frenzy though.

Just sitting up all night working up a sweat waiting to hear the orders dear leader is about to give you to combat these demonrats.

Like little chud ralphie sitting next to the Truth social speaker with his maga decoder pin

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tree Bucket posted:

Is that seriously how they’re worded? That’s appalling!
Also, well, lol obviously

Yeah,!I used to get a lot of chud emails and they have that tone or weird fear mongering. The dem and lefty ones at worst “disappointed parent” tone.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Faschy responds to anger and will then yell at their kids/ subordinates at work the same way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Garvey had this squeaky clean image during his baseball career until shortly after his retirement when he got hit with two paternity suits at once. He seems to have had at least 3-4 affairs going at the same time. I can't keep track of the math in articles from that time.

Apparently, several of his kids hate him now.

I have a baseball dad and during the 80s he would always grumble about Steve Garvey because he was the Dodgers' star through the late 70s and my dad was a Giants fan, but more so because Garvey was "Mister Perfect" and that squeaky-clean squared-jawed image just rubbed him the wrong way.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

If I’m reading this right, Trump is literally set to make 3.5billion from Truth Social’s IPO. I have no idea how that company would be worth that. Wouldn’t this just be the end to all of Trump’s financial issues? He would be s legit billionaire and then some even after paying all his fines.

Sure, a temporary injunction would throw a spammer into the works for a minute but it won’t last forever and they’ll come to some sort of agreement and then that’s that, no?

The company isn't worth $3.5B

Trump could sell off a large (or everything) part of the company once the IPO is public. It's not going to pay for his fees. The SEC and maybe the FBI will be all over this. You don't get to take a company public and sell off massive amounts of it without a lot of scrutiny. Trump also has a big legal bill to pay off so double the scrutiny he would face. Trump is also the brand of why Truth networks value is where it is despite low amount of users. Going public and basically instantaneously selling large amounts of stock is now in fraud territory. Trump can sell as much as he wants but that cash will be sitting in escrow for months if not years.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
ops worng thread

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I love that Trump could just walk away with 3.5 billion dollars and everyone would be happy, but he just can't help himself but throw in some shady scheme to screw over his business partners so he can make 3.55 billion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Do an IPO, but at 11:59:59 the previous night split all the stock 20 ways so I get everything when I sell it all the minute the market opens" is like the Trumpiest of all Trump moves

He's coming up with new grifts so fast we can't even identify them all in real time

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Well he's either losing the election and going to jail for stuff he's already on trial for, or winning the election and getting away with all of it. May as well commit as many crimes as possible in the meantime.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I once bowed before the glory of clean cut Garvey, but as the scales have fallen from my eyes, I've realized so many of our former heroes are brain rotted Chuds.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Harald posted:

computer please render me an image of
Chris Pratt and a velociraptor sharing
a bucket of shrimp at the Bubba gump
shrimp company

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"My god, the warnings were true about human chimeras!

...the prattciraptor is kinda cute in a horrifying way though, can we market and sell it?" Real life John Hammond, presumably

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Assuming the stock maintains some paper value after IPO, AND assuming he can find someone willing to loan him money, couldn't he leverage that paper value into loans for a pretty significant amount of cash like Musk has done?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Surely he could just leverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

to pay his fines

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Can’t he just pay in exposure?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Squibbles posted:

Assuming the stock maintains some paper value after IPO, AND assuming he can find someone willing to loan him money, couldn't he leverage that paper value into loans for a pretty significant amount of cash like Musk has done?

Trump is getting slapped for lying about the worth of his assests to over leverage himself in the past. You'd have to be dumb, a massive payout for non compliance or have an agenda (:tinfoil: putin rigging elections with loads of money :tinfoil:)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

Can’t he just pay in exposure?

Given what we've heard about his physical features, it may be difficult to actually expose him.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

It was Tom Green

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

For like 2 whole cycles, the Sanders campaign would text me both under my actual name, and also text me as if I was someone named Vicki who I gather lives in Iowa considering I would get called nightly leading up the caucuses in 2020ish. I would tell them I'm not Vicki, stop calling, but then it would keep happening again and again and again and again. Legit stopped donating to his campaign after that.

EDIT: also I'm on some dumb list somewhere because I get all the emails for Trump and every fringe chud shitstain on top of occupy democrats using the same exact tone. My once primary email I had since 2004 is now my burner.

Sanders selling his contact list and weirdo politicians constantly hitting me up after I volunteered for him was def the cherry topping on the poo poo sundae of that exp.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I used to get a lot of emails but in the last two years I started actively going to the unsubscribe links and texting back STOP and they are down to almost nothing now

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006