Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mythbusters reboot lookin’ spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

Mythbusters reboot lookin’ spicy

Diggin’ the replybait “what would you do?” in that tweet

Like, die immediately my man, this isn’t a hard one to ponder

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

Diggin’ the replybait “what would you do?” in that tweet

Like, die immediately my man, this isn’t a hard one to ponder

“Disintegrate at the speed of sound”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd tank it like Saddam did in Hot Shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwC4snVYFmw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Serena Williams one is so, so funny to me. I do think I could take a point off her, if she double faulted on her serve. Otherwise I could try and run up to volley, that way it’s a relatively swift, merciful death when her return plows a hole straight through my torso.

In high school PE, we went out and played tennis. I matched up with one of the prodigies on the tennis team (they won state that year), we were friends from other classes so he went easy on me knowing I had never played tennis before. Then he decided to just go ham on me one serve and go full power. He usually hit 110mph on his serves, and I just went blank, dropped my racket and cowered. The ball missed me, at least. He laughed, apologized and we went back to normal.

This was a high schooler. A pro is just gonna kill me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now that’s a nickname.

https://x.com/kysportsradio/status/1763189868094538168?s=46

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Where's that tweet from the guy saying he thinks he would have survived the submarine implosion?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

Where's that tweet from the guy saying he thinks he would have survived the submarine implosion?

just built different

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Serena Williams one is so, so funny to me. I do think I could take a point off her, if she double faulted on her serve. Otherwise I could try and run up to volley, that way it’s a relatively swift, merciful death when her return plows a hole straight through my torso.

She would never double fault because she would never have to hit a first serve. None of us could return her second serve, at least not in a way that wouldn't result in her hitting a winner every time

e: it's funny how the people who convince themselves they could take a point off Serena point to her and Venus losing to Karsten Braasch because he was ranked 203 at the time. He'd been a pro for a decade at that point while both Williams sisters were still in high school, an d also none of these dudes could take a point off Braasch either

People grossly underestimate how much better pros are. That's why I loved it when Brian Scalabrine humiliated a bunch of poo poo talkers

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 1, 2024

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Big Oaf game on point

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

In high school PE, we went out and played tennis. I matched up with one of the prodigies on the tennis team (they won state that year), we were friends from other classes so he went easy on me knowing I had never played tennis before. Then he decided to just go ham on me one serve and go full power. He usually hit 110mph on his serves, and I just went blank, dropped my racket and cowered. The ball missed me, at least. He laughed, apologized and we went back to normal.

This was a high schooler. A pro is just gonna kill me.

The hardest heat I ever dug in on was this short king from Hilton Head who was cracking 96 in high school and the sizzle of that ball whistling past your chest was pretty incredible. I caught a couple guys who threw high 90s at camp and it’s a lot different from that perspective obviously. That dude was productive at the citadel and played independent league (I just found on baseball reference).

Just mindbending heat. And that was 24ish years ago, it’s crazy how kids are just steeped in camp culture from a young age and high 90s is almost a prereq for success anymore.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I played college sports…briefly. I was one of the better players on my team in HS and I wasn’t close to being top 20-30 in college. That poo poo will humble you super quick.

e: lol there was more to that but I got distracted and accidentally post it.

All that to say I hold no illusions that I could come close to doing anything vs Serena or Venus. They’d blow a hole through me in a second.

I’d be the guy that lost to someone 200 times and then finally beat them and his quote was something like “let that be a lesson that nobody beats (me) 201 times in a row”

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 1, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One of the guys at our pickup night brought a guy who played D1 college ball like a decade prior and said he hadn't picked up a basketball since. The dude completely effortlessly dismantled everyone even though he was very clearly taking it extremely easy on us

He never came back, I assume because of just how bored he was playing with us

e: in a way I feel bad for guys like him. It has to be extremely difficult to find a group of people to play with who he doesn't badly outclass and can have fun playing with

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

e: in a way I feel bad for guys like him. It has to be extremely difficult to find a group of people to play with who he doesn't badly outclass and can have fun playing with

I graduated young so I didn’t really put on any real power until I played some odd travel ball for a couple years in college, but I always had a loving cannon. Like a 1.8-1.9 camp-verified pop time cannon. Defensive catching and throwing were my best skills always.

So years after, I was playing men’s league softball with a bud who needed an extra player (who I knew from being ringers on beer league teams) and we played this travel men’s team. One of the guys was Bryce Florie, that Red Sox pitcher who got his face mashed in by a liner a bunch of years ago.

Well, not that I had any illusions that I had an even remotely major league arm anymore, but watching a someone effortlessly fire a softball 360ft on a line was pretty humbling.

They kicked the poo poo out of us.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’d be the guy that lost to someone 200 times and then finally beat them and his quote was something like “let that be a lesson that nobody beats (me) 201 times in a row”

:laffo: all you can do sometimes

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This guy owns. A March Madness Guy in the tradition of Matt Stainbrook and Kevin Pittsnogle.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The other day I found out my GF hadn’t seen Spartacus and we just so happened to be next to a used media store the other night and they just so happened to have the first season for like $6 so I grabbed it (which I’ve been doing more and more lately as streaming services continue to suck more and more, barely a year after I purged tons of physical media to a used media store :v:).

I uh, don’t remember it taking so long for Spartacus to actually show up, lol.

LeeMajors posted:

Each step is so much harder than the last that it’s almost inconceivable the amount of athleticism you need to be an everyday pro.

Yeah, that part’s crazy. Back when I raced motorcycles there was a dude (he’s still at it actually, in his 40s, God knows how) that just fuckin wiped the floor with everyone and set regional amateur records left and right and was just nigh untouchable. Worked his way towards an opportunity to race at like one of the lowest Pro levels and got crushed lol. He’s still dabbling in the pro stuff years later and I don’t think he’s done better than mid-field on a good day.

Same thing when you look at accomplished pro racers that take the next step, like so many World Superbike champions getting a MotoGP ride and just getting demolished. It’s crazy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I stopped doing deadlifts after hurting my back years ago, trying to get back into them again and I forgot how you can be busting them out no problem then suddenly nope you're done

It wasn't even very much weight

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

I stopped doing deadlifts after hurting my back years ago, trying to get back into them again and I forgot how you can be busting them out no problem then suddenly nope you're done

It wasn't even very much weight

I like to do my normal sets of deads and then do a couple sets of sumo for Max reps.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A friend of mine had his cousins play against Trent Richardson as Defensive linemen in high school, and apparently he just didn't even have to try to just bowl over everyone.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

A friend of mine had his cousins play against Trent Richardson as Defensive linemen in high school, and apparently he just didn't even have to try to just bowl over everyone.

Football players in high school is a great genre of footage

Like,

https://twitter.com/ChadSimmons_/status/1321946610012663808

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Why am I supposed to vote for Biden at this point?

https://x.com/BreakingNews/status/1763335044788076907?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

It’s just a stutter, jack.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Because he knows Trump will never work with him on anything, proving that there's no border issue the republicans actually care about.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I still play Australian football, and it's all a hobby. There are a couple guys who trained with pro clubs like once or twice, but nothing more.

a year or two before the pandemic, we had somebody come by and watch at a game. one of my teammates was like, "I think I recognize him, but not sure." guy came to a couple practices and played with us the rest of the year - turns out he was formerly a pro in the AFL in Australia, and was on working holiday with his partner (now wife). Think somebody who got a cup of coffee in the majors coming to join your beer league softball team. it was unreal and unfair, but that made it pretty fun as well :haw:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Snowshoe is cool as hell

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Went out running this morning, as I have done twice a week for the last 15 months or so. Now I call it running, but it's more a mixture of jogging/shambling but it gets me out of the house and counts a physical exercise. Anyway, the night before my run I always check the weather to see what it's going to be like when I'm out and this morning's forecast was for 18-20mm of rain an hour. No biggie, I'll get soaked but it should be fine. Leave my house to no rain, and after a mile or so it starts lightly falling so I think to myself "ah, I might miss the worst of it". Oh how wrong I was, as within five minutes the light rain had turned heavy, and a few minutes later 40-50mph hour gusts were thrown into the mix and I quickly went from "gently caress, I'm wet" to "my clothes are literally dripping water, I am freezing cold and I'm a good 10 minute run from my house". After sheltering my the Napoleonic era sea walls down by the front, and the rain and wind eased off slightly, I ran as quick as I physically could. Had a hot shower which I could barely feel, had to wring out the water from my gear, my trainers are soaked and I'm still cold now some seven hours after getting back inside

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don’t think the hard stuff is gonna come down for a while.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

I don’t think the hard stuff is gonna come down for a while.

Hey Fiz I want to write a movie about a director and writer who team up to break into a studio headquarters to steal and release a movie marked for deletion for tax purposes. Will you star as yourself, an actor in said movie, who is part of the heist crew?

I am thinking it will be similar to Fanboys, but with some Ocean's 11 thrown in but in the dumbest way possible. Could be subtitled The Gang Plans a Heist.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Our people will talk.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I would watch that movie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can be a gaffer

Googles gaffer

quote:

In film and television crews, the gaffer or chief lighting technician is the head electrician, responsible for the execution (and sometimes the design) of the lighting plan for a production. The gaffer's assistant is the best boy electric.

.... what?

quote:

In a film crew, there are two kinds of best boy: best boy electric and best boy grip. They are assistants to their department heads, the gaffer (in charge of electricals) and the key grip (lighting and rigging), respectively.[1] In short, the best boy acts as the foreman for the department. A woman who performs these duties may be called best girl.

.... why is this not wiki vandalization, why is this called this?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

because you don't want to hear "in a 7-2 majority" for the rest of your natural life.

i get that it totally sucks and we should have better choices for leaders, but it really boils down to that simple, even if you don't look at biden's track record of poo poo that got done in his first term.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

because you don't want to hear "in a 7-2 majority" for the rest of your natural life.

i get that it totally sucks and we should have better choices for leaders, but it really boils down to that simple, even if you don't look at biden's track record of poo poo that got done in his first term.

yeah surely there were no outcomes from trump’s first go-around that liberals regret. accelerationism is just the worst. the GOP wins by never conceding any ground and taking any W they can get

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

These republicans seem bad. The dems should probably take popular policy positions and try hard to materially improve lives so they can win the election.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have been watching Mythbusters (at least the random seasons available on Max) while doing stuff in the kitchen and I really wish they would come back for a little bit. They really caught lightning in a bottle with that show. Also, I found myself wishing at some point they had a Mythbusters/Jackass crossover where the Jackass guys would just do the stuff without the safety precautions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mythbusters B team: What happens when you do snort VCR head cleaner anyway? let's investigate.

Mythbusters A team: How far could we have launched Johnny Knoxville on the big red rocket before he would've probably died?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

swickles posted:

I have been watching Mythbusters (at least the random seasons available on Max) while doing stuff in the kitchen and I really wish they would come back for a little bit. They really caught lightning in a bottle with that show. Also, I found myself wishing at some point they had a Mythbusters/Jackass crossover where the Jackass guys would just do the stuff without the safety precautions.

Haha same, semi educational content when the kids are downstairs and I get tired of paw patrol. Grant was the best

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Figure if you can play Mozart for a baby in the womb then you can show scientific method to a 4yo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

I was really sad when I learned that Adam and Jamie really didn't like each other at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Tory was in the latest Jackass movie, helping to light underwater farts to blow up a naked Steve-O.