Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Both the Civil Rights Act and the Treaty of Versailles were ineffective because they didn't go nearly far enough.

So he is right but not in the way he thinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Both the Civil Rights Act and the Treaty of Versailles were ineffective because they didn't go nearly far enough.

So he is right but not in the way he thinks.

I guess the Fischer thesis counts as a hot take

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

rachel ray romano posted:

The Treaty of Versailles was the Treaty of Versailles of white people.
wrong. germans are swarthy.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

A Buttery Pastry posted:

wrong. germans are swarthy.

from a Roman's POV, absolutely

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

from a Roman's POV, absolutely
from the POV of the guy who invented modern whiteness: ben franklin

deadjb
Aug 11, 2002

with this key, this kite, and that lightning, i will create white people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So that's how Yakub did it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Chamale posted:

I've noticed that now that it's unacceptable to use the r-slur to describe people or ideas, the word "unserious" has popped up to replace it. People on Twitter use it in exactly the same way even though it carries little weight as an insult.

There's a difference between delayed and retarded. An aircraft could be retarded by a strong headwind, but you're probably describing a scheduling delay. Using those words interchangeably is unserious.
"Midwit" is the new term I see thrown around these days by the IQ obsessed skull caliper Twitter users.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

A Buttery Pastry posted:

from the POV of the guy who invented modern whiteness: ben franklin

This dude absolutely could not have invented whiteness, I'm sorry.

https://twitter.com/REVIVERAJA/status/1751324483045253485?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's an amazing mascot but why do I get the feeling the team wasn't very good

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

should i not like this? i may like this.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

should i not like this? i may like this.

Its an extremely powerful mascot, that twitter guy is just straight up wrong.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Ben "Anklebreaker" Franklin

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

why not? a black guy invented white people

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That mascot loving rules, now I wanna see what happens if you put Franklin and Barkley in the same room

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

That mascot loving rules, now I wanna see what happens if you put Franklin and Barkley in the same room

He'd get along better with Wilt Chamberlain.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

double chaos dunk

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1753708127583715397?t=WOLMN4gLGfZhBM88dbFYRw&s=19

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

sorry but this kicks rear end

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/nykyt0sha/status/1762543742622241194

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Wow the guy who had actual principles lived and died by them? problematic.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Cookie Cutter posted:

Wow the guy who had actual principles lived and died by them? problematic.

Nothing is more terrifying to liberals than a clear moral framework of looking at the world that doesn't morph to fit whatever you personally want right now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ASFleischman/status/1762953554740879784?t=qwsSCjEfRHce_ICep4NdXw&s=19

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

guess dude won’t mind a re-enactment at his house then

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
That worked out well for us then because Lee sucked.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

woke is to chud as tankie is to lib

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Kitfox88 posted:

woke is to chud as tankie is to lib

But if the libs are woke, then tankies are...?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Weka posted:

But if the libs are woke, then tankies are...?

stanky

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm seeing a fair amount of crack ping going on with that self immolation. People on Twitter insisting he was just crazy for setting himself on fire and how it will accomplish nothing. Andy Ngo saying he was Antifa (lol) and everyone to the right of Karl Marx disavowing him. People reassuring themselves that normies don't know and don't care it happened, only terminally online leftists are talking about it.

Yet many of these people oppose what Israel is doing to Gaza though for different reasons (mainly out of antisemitism and similar opposition to the US getting involved in Ukraine). I guess they just don't want their convictions to inadvertently overlap with a guy who burned himself to death?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Panfilo posted:

I'm seeing a fair amount of crack ping going on with that self immolation. People on Twitter insisting he was just crazy for setting himself on fire and how it will accomplish nothing. Andy Ngo saying he was Antifa (lol) and everyone to the right of Karl Marx disavowing him. People reassuring themselves that normies don't know and don't care it happened, only terminally online leftists are talking about it.

Yet many of these people oppose what Israel is doing to Gaza though for different reasons (mainly out of antisemitism and similar opposition to the US getting involved in Ukraine). I guess they just don't want their convictions to inadvertently overlap with a guy who burned himself to death?

God is in his heaven, everything is normal on Earth. Whatever liberals pretend to believe in, it has to be believed in a way that means nothing ever has to change and no action has to be taken. They can't have a set of beliefs that led someone to set fire to himself, because that implies something really hosed up is going on.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there definitely are people out there whose understanding is that only weak and contemptible people suffer and die, and are confused that anyone would identify with them

for example
https://twitter.com/TheOmniLiberal/status/1762575349630599213

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
kinda stupid to say this in the Hot Takes thread, but it's pretty obvious at this point Destiny is just deliberately saying stupid poo poo since it directly translates to money in his bank account.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wrkclasshistory/status/1762612362266263591?t=M8sNlLtrVclxDUN3smtusA&s=19

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Halser posted:

kinda stupid to say this in the Hot Takes thread, but it's pretty obvious at this point Destiny is just deliberately saying stupid poo poo since it directly translates to money in his bank account.

You mean the guy who got started streaming SC2 with sex workers on stream and making rape analogies to explain his strategies just might be clickbaiting?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
if you can believe it

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

there definitely are people out there whose understanding is that only weak and contemptible people suffer and die, and are confused that anyone would identify with them

for example
https://twitter.com/TheOmniLiberal/status/1762575349630599213

I liked this reply, though I am not familiar with the drama its about.

https://x.com/RaceplayShawty/status/1762906399980273858?s=20

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Oh well, nitter is dead. Can't view poo poo anymore

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Oh well, nitter is dead. Can't view poo poo anymore

I had no idea how much I was reading stuff via nitter until it died. Now I notice how little I have to read on my phone. I guess I’ll subscribe to a newspaper or magazine or something? sucks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Panfilo posted:

I feel the opposite, that it's gotten a lot more attention (if not positive then at least sympathetic) than most other any similar act in recent decades. Then again, I don't dive too deep into the internet poo poo anymore, mostly for my own sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Best Friends posted:

I had no idea how much I was reading stuff via nitter until it died. Now I notice how little I have to read on my phone. I guess I’ll subscribe to a newspaper or magazine or something? sucks.

You've been set free! Why go looking for a new cage to crawl into?