Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The Unknown is a person as real and as vulnerable as you or I.

The Unknown is inside each and every one of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Irisi posted:

What he saw was an advert on a 3rd party website that advertises pretty much every event happening in Glasgow. From concerts at Hampden Park that seats 50,000 down to storytime at the local library for half a dozen kids. (https://www.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/event/131453-willy-wonka-experience/) On there it is promoted it with a slightly different and slightly better looking picture, plus text that at least had been run through a spellchecker.

He's bought tickets to things through that before, and been to toy fairs and stuff at the location itself previously, so thought it was all on the up-and-up. He did not realise that the website allows pretty much anybody to list their attraction for free and without much in the way of fact checking.

Plus, he is massively sleep-deprived and not operating at full brainpower, his wife just had a second baby. This was supposed to be a fun, special day out for the older kid, as she was feeling a little left out and neglected. Feel bad for the poor kid, really.

Well, now I feel a bit more for the fella.

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
This whole thing is amazing

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Roblo posted:

Oompa loompa lady is pretty cute, seems really nice and has indeed been getting a load of poo poo. Which sucks.

Even though it's pretty apparent the actors were doing their best despite not being paid it is still the internet, therefore people are being assholes.

Oh no she's hot

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I think in a weird way we sort of relate to her? We’ve all felt like “I cannot believe I’m loving doing this for a paycheck” in one way or another. The embodiment of modern day worker.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

davidspackage posted:

Oh no she's hot

I pointed that out as a lot of people have been attacking her online for being "ugly", when it was clearly just a bad photo of someone having a lovely time.

Not that someone's looks matter either way, but she's clearly been bothered by lots of lovely comments. Can't be nice being the internet main character.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/finalgrlcomplex/status/1762962467750060118?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Bozza posted:

of all the cities in western europe this ai scam guy tried it in the one you were most likely to get battered when it was revealed lol

It's true. There's nothing we won't batter

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Benny Harvey posted:

It's true. There's nothing we won't batter

I like my Mars bars like I like my con men

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Wow, yeah. And Frank would spike the lovely lemonade and hand out eggs and all the kids would cry when they see Dee.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Dear peoples who come to the event,

We feel sorry for maybe not making a good event. The Unknown may be little scary, but we did not mean for it to be. Also, sorry for sad Oompa Loompa. We think maybe he bring bad vibes. Next time, we'll try not have sad Oompa Loompa and make event more better. Please not mad at us.

Thank you,
ChatGPT

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
I deeply regret my earlier inadequate apology and understand the need for a more sincere expression of remorse. It's akin to unraveling the intricate plot of The Da Vinci Code, where layers of complexity unfold, much like the layers of my apologies. Just as Robert Langdon navigates the enigmatic puzzles, I strive to untangle the misunderstandings caused by my initial apology. Let us embark on a journey of clarity together, much like Langdon deciphering cryptic symbols, as we work towards a resolution.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

This was better for the career of every actor involved than if it went off without a hitch

naem
May 29, 2011

Roblo posted:

https://x.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1763335348711801193?s=20

Oompa loompa lady is pretty cute, seems really nice and has indeed been getting a load of poo poo. Which sucks.

Even though it's pretty apparent the actors were doing their best despite not being paid it is still the internet, therefore people are being assholes.

we are definitely making fun of the event and not the actors who are themselves victims

and what an adorable kind hearted person with a beautiful voice

I hope this leads to great things for her and all involved

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
If anyone's making fun of the actors pls let me know and I will annihilate them thank u

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If anyone's making fun of the actors pls let me know and I will annihilate them thank u

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah for real, i haven't seen a single person be negative about any of the actors themselves. If you do, then that's a pretty easy signal that it's time to :sever:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Has the actor who played The Unknown come forward to talk about being forced to scare the poo poo out of little kids against your will for £16/hr yet

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah for real, i haven't seen a single person be negative about any of the actors themselves. If you do, then that's a pretty easy signal that it's time to :sever:

I’m happy to be reminded that something awful is indeed not the worst place on the internet. Way to go fellow goons :cheerdoge:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MrQwerty posted:

Has the actor who played The Unknown come forward to talk about being forced to scare the poo poo out of little kids against your will for £16/hr yet

You can just ask any gym teacher

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

redshirt posted:

The Unknown is inside each and every one of us.

No the Unknown is inside the walls.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

Has the actor who played The Unknown come forward to talk about being forced to scare the poo poo out of little kids against your will for £16 £0/hr yet

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Unknown
Evil chocolatier man
He lives in the walls
Gonna steal your I’m sorry as an AI language model I cannot complete this task without the initial input. Please provide me with the necessary information to assist you further.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Here's their bit from gmb this morning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763485584729805262

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

You can just ask any gym teacher

...and then one day, you find yourself really looking forward to dodgeball.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*everyone in media*

hey we can make more money from a flop than a hit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I love how you can tell she's trying really hard not to swear on national television while describing how shite the thing was

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

:five::five::five::five:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

I love how you can tell she's trying really hard not to swear on national television while describing how shite the thing was

Lmao she pivots from "low quality poo poo" to "IKEA mirrors" as an effective standing for cheap garbage.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/randomstuffxzxz/status/1763536287154217250

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Roblo posted:

I pointed that out as a lot of people have been attacking her online for being "ugly", when it was clearly just a bad photo of someone having a lovely time.

Not that someone's looks matter either way, but she's clearly been bothered by lots of lovely comments. Can't be nice being the internet main character.

Oh yeah, just so I'm not misunderstood, I wasn't chiding you for calling her pretty, just making a flippant "she hot" comment

I've put my face on the internet on purpose for stupid reasons, I can't quite imagine what it'd be like for people to just go hog wild with your picture. Plus yeah, people can be vicious like little kids on social media.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Things might become a SHITNADO:
“Billy McFarland wants to give Willy Wonka Experience organizers a second chance at Fyre Festival II”

https://nypost.com/2024/03/01/lifestyle/billy-mcfarland-offers-wonka-experience-organizers-second-chance-at-fyre-festival-ii/

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh, this is what they mean when they say satire is dead.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

rofl

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This whole situation reminds me of one of the scenes in my current stage production. It's an autobiographical one man show that really thoughtfuly explores what it is to be me using the people in my life as characthers in a nutty world only I could construct. It's got heart, just dripping with heart, but also it's got humour too. Three magical hours.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Haverchuck posted:

The Unknown surfing thru space on the mirror like Silver Surfer

The Unknown Surfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Justin Credible posted:

The Unknown Surfer

This is just an early issue of Sandman, isn't it?