Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah that's a good point. I forgot it was 20 seconds haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tiny Myers posted:

What's the deal with Danny, as someone who doesn't play the game themselves to know?
TCM has 4 exits, some of which will close automatically after a minute. As counterplay, killers can close them, locking the rest of the team back in. Danny says gently caress that and can instantly open them, keep them open, and killers can't close them for 3 minutes. Which is a lifetime in the game. It's like if a survivor in DBD could complete gens in 20 seconds and the killer can't regress them.

In my experience, most dannys get chased on non stop and die before any of his bullshit starts. But good players can and will gently caress you over. It's happened to me a handful of times as family and on victim, my teammates always die but it's basically game over if you can't kill danny in 2 minutes.

temple fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 27, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the best part of kindred open handed is watching my dipshit teammates fail to make use of any of the free info they've been given every single time

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

temple posted:

TCM has 4 exits, some of which will close automatically after a minute. As counterplay, killers can close them, locking the rest of the team back in. Danny says gently caress that and can instantly open them, keep them open, and killers can't close them for 3 minutes. Which is a lifetime in the game. It's like if a survivor in DBD could complete gens in 20 seconds and the killer can't regress them.

In my experience, most dannys get chased on non stop and die before any of his bullshit starts. But good players can and will gently caress you over. It's happened to me a handful of times as family and on victim, my teammates always die but it's basically game over if you can't kill danny in 2 minutes.
Wow. That's uh... bad.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it though :)

Relyssa posted:

the best part of kindred open handed is watching my dipshit teammates fail to make use of any of the free info they've been given every single time

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I am legitimately glad they are adding secondary objects in the form of rituals even if the current implementation is just "do ritual for Gen progress". We've been asking for other things to do other than gens forever and it's nice to see something else.

It's not much but it's something and hopefully we get future rituals and maybe even a generic perk ritual one day.

Medullah posted:

As far as the work to do something...I *am* in Software development and sometimes it is really ridiculously hard to change things - whether it be fixing a bug or adding a feature. Aside from the actual coding, you still have to prioritize the work, get approval from management, QA it, and plan for an update package for it to be released. It's kinda lovely how pricy the cosmetics are, but that's a pandora's box that every game is dipping into. See Street Fighter 6 charging $15 for a skin that 95% of players will never see since it's only when you're walking around their virtual hub.

I'm also in software development and in fact I used to be a game dev before I got out of that horrible exploitative industry.

And for real I agree, sometimes simple bugs can be incredibly incredibly hard to deal with. This was not that. There was a car on the gas station Map that victims could crouch into. The thing is only certain killers in TCM can crouch. So if your killer team didn't have any crouching killers a survivor could just go to that car and hold the band hostage for an hour as there was literally nothing the killers could do to hurt them.

All they needed to do was add an invisible wall at the door if the car, or just remove the car model/mapping from that corner of that map (which they eventually did). It was literally all they had to do and it took three months, meanwhile, I would have it happen to me when playing killer like 1 in every 3 games on gas station or, if my team didn't have a single crouch killer, honestly pretty much every match. And it wasn't unknown, is was reported constantly.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 27, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Kwolok posted:

I am legitimately glad they are adding secondary objects in the form of rituals even if the current implementation is just "do ritual for Gen progress". We've been asking for other things to do other than gens forever and it's nice to see something else.

It's not much but it's something and hopefully we get future rituals and maybe even a generic perk ritual one day.

i agree but i hope they add more to the rituals. like maybe the occasional skill check to speed up the process. maybe even some arrow prompts like skull merchant with a really generous timer, something that's accessible but adds more interest than 'sit there for literally 2 minutes straight doing nothing'

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

i agree but i hope they add more to the rituals. like maybe the occasional skill check to speed up the process. maybe even some arrow prompts like skull merchant with a really generous timer, something that's accessible but adds more interest than 'sit there for literally 2 minutes straight doing nothing'

Definitely, it's extremely BHVR to go "we've heard you, you all want an alternative that's new and exciting, so now you can hold left click for two minutes in the basement!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kwolok posted:

I mean, it's not really a secondary objective anymore than blessing a totem is. What most people really want is different modes entirely, and with the backlash they got with Lights Out I would expect that to go on the back burner now.

quote:

I'm also in software development and in fact I used to be a game dev before I got out of that horrible exploitative industry.

And for real I agree, sometimes simple bugs can be incredibly incredibly hard to deal with. This was not that. There was a car on the gas station Map that victims could crouch into. The thing is only certain killers in TCM can crouch. So if your killer team didn't have any crouching killers a survivor could just go to that car and hold the band hostage for an hour as there was literally nothing the killers could do to hurt them.

All they needed to do was add an invisible wall at the door if the car, or just remove the car model/mapping from that corner of that map (which they eventually did). It was literally all they had to do and it took three months, meanwhile, I would have it happen to me when playing killer like 1 in every 3 games on gas station or, if my team didn't have a single crouch killer, honestly pretty much every match. And it wasn't unknown, is was reported constantly.

If you worked in software development then you know that something that seems like it would be easy, like what you're describing, can sometimes be harder to implement than people think. We had an issue where an icon was slightly off center and fixing it would have required scrapping the code and rebuilding entirely.

More likely it's just a matter of priority, bugs get ranked and prioritized by a team other than the coding team so while it may have been easy, it still needed to be ranked high enough to work on.

I don't know, they may just have chosen to not fix it because they love loving with players, but I doubt it, there's usually a lot of things we the players don't know about what's going on behind the scenes

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

I mean, it's not really a secondary objective anymore than blessing a totem is. What most people really want is different modes entirely, and with the backlash they got with Lights Out I would expect that to go on the back burner now.

Are you implying/predicting that due to the Lights Out being poorly received that Lights Out itself is on the back burner or different game modes in general? Cause that would be dumb (which means it's right up their alley)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Are you implying/predicting that due to the Lights Out being poorly received that Lights Out itself is on the back burner or different game modes in general? Cause that would be dumb (which means it's right up their alley)

I think they'll still be working on alternative modes but with the backlash of "Lights out was awful worst thing BHVR has ever done", if I were a BA for DBD I'd definitely be lowering alternative modes on the priority list after that.

Not that I'm saying it wasn't bad, but it was a nice idea poorly executed

Edit - But then, to use my own argument against me, the people that post on the forums/reddit are the minority in games so it's possible that a lot of people took advantage of Lights Out and played it.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 27, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

I think they'll still be working on alternative modes but with the backlash of "Lights out was awful worst thing BHVR has ever done", if I were a BA for DBD I'd definitely be lowering alternative modes on the priority list after that.

Not that I'm saying it wasn't bad, but it was a nice idea poorly executed

Edit - But then, to use my own argument against me, the people that post on the forums/reddit are the minority in games so it's possible that a lot of people took advantage of Lights Out and played it.

It had potential but I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would, but that being said it doesn't make me think "BHVR hosed up" it was just the quickest version of a game mode they could throw out there for testing, and like Jund said, it served it's purpose to get the particulars designed/implemented. I don't think it was a failure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

It had potential but I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would, but that being said it doesn't make me think "BHVR hosed up" it was just the quickest version of a game mode they could throw out there for testing, and like Jund said, it served it's purpose to get the particulars designed/implemented. I don't think it was a failure.

Yup. Ultimately my biggest problem with it is my biggest problem with the PTB, there's no real motivation to play it. They should have made it a "fun mode" where everyone got a certain amount of points, or a huge bonus, because it was hell for survivors so why would they play that mode unless they really liked being scared. Why would people spend their limited gaming time on the PTB testing when there's zero rewards? Other games do titles and other cosmetics as rewards for testing, BHVR should do the same. At the very least let us keep BPs earned on PTB.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

It exacerbated the worst problems in the game. Watching my friend struggle to find someone for 5 minutes after everyone was death hook and started creeping around and not touching gens was enough to make me not want to try the mode on killer, let alone survivor with no Kindred.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

I don't know, they may just have chosen to not fix it because they love loving with players, but I doubt it, there's usually a lot of things we the players don't know about what's going on behind the scenes

Quite literally if you've been following the tcm saga as closely as I have, their team is just awful. They make BHVR look competent and prompt. At least with BHVR if something fucks over survivors they tend to fix it or kill switch it quickly. The TCM devs either were terrible at their job or terrible at prioritization, but either way huge game breaking bugs lasted in game for months and months and months. And yes some things can be difficult to fix but unless their map editing tool chain is the most convoluted duck taped piece of poo poo there is no way they couldn't have just added an invisible plain at the car door at the very least. Again more complex game logic bugs can be difficult, but geometry exploits are generally a mapping fix and one of this kind is trivially easy. poo poo at my old job I would occasionally get assigned to draw out limiting geometry around meshes that had problematic collision, and I wasn't even a mapper...

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1762862382110409193

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dragon Ball Breakers finally got crossplay...so maybe that game has a chance of living again for a short time at least. My fav of the DBD clones although it's always been way more wack balance wise in ways that would make BHVR at their worst blush.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

ALLTHINGSWICKED - 100k BP

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Just had a really cute match vs a console Legion. They killed the last person while leaving me on the ground, but then they let me shrug off and went to a hook and started swinging at their trans pride flag so I started pointing and nodding too. Then they took me to the hatch and insisted along the way I get a flashlight from a chest and take it with me (maining Alan Wake now) :3

Then I said "Alan says trans rights" in postgame (even though they probably couldn't see it being console).

(I don't run a trans flag too but I do run the progress flag.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dragon Ball Breakers finally got crossplay...so maybe that game has a chance of living again for a short time at least. My fav of the DBD clones although it's always been way more wack balance wise in ways that would make BHVR at their worst blush.

I can't believe they only just added Goku Black and Zamasu considering their arc is literally the basis for the drat game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1763039886297510195?s=20

I know some of you will like this!

Edit - Tweet not embedding for whatever reason. Susie from Legion confirmed in the comic to be LGBTQ, dreams about kissing Julie. :)

Medullah fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 29, 2024

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Tweets gone afaict

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Edit - Tweet not embedding for whatever reason. Susie from Legion confirmed in the comic to be LGBTQ, dreams about kissing Julie. :)

owns

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

queen.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

that one flannel/jeans outfit Julie has puts her squarely in 'almost certainly at least slightly gay' territory so this is a canon pairing as far as I'm concerned

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Next killer charm is a U-Haul, confirmed.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pyrolocutus posted:

ALLTHINGSWICKED - 100k BP

don't work

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I wish I could trust this game's MMR or community more. It's hard to enjoy playing killer when I feel like I'm just a bad roulette pull away from having a miserable match.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

that one flannel/jeans outfit Julie has puts her squarely in 'almost certainly at least slightly gay' territory so this is a canon pairing as far as I'm concerned

Nah Frank and Julie are pretty inseparable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tithin posted:

don't work

I suspect the code is meant to go live with the new chapter and they pulled it because it wasn't supposed to work yet

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

tithin posted:

don't work

Medullah posted:

I suspect the code is meant to go live with the new chapter and they pulled it because it wasn't supposed to work yet

Yeah this. Worked when I used it and then they pulled it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Nah Frank and Julie are pretty inseparable.

Frank is just her beard. :colbert:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Relyssa posted:

Frank is just her beard. :colbert:

I want to believe there's a world where the four of them never killed a guy and instead just smoked weed and created a lovely polycule in rural Canada.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

The code worked for me, so I wonder if it will work again when they reactivate it.

Tiny Myers posted:

I wish I could trust this game's MMR or community more. It's hard to enjoy playing killer when I feel like I'm just a bad roulette pull away from having a miserable match.

Also, THIS

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Big same. Solo queue also continues to be absolutely miserable.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I want to believe there's a world where the four of them never killed a guy and instead just smoked weed and created a lovely polycule in rural Canada.

I mean, the theory behind the multiverse is that there is infinite possibility so there is definitely one world where that happens.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Can anyone give some do's and dont's to get start with DBZ The Breakers? This game is a lot to digest.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

They could do a whole series of killer-as-survivors and I’d be all for it. Like what if Billy’s parents loved him or Clown got along with his dad or I guess none of the killers had lovely parents now that I think about it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

temple posted:

Can anyone give some do's and dont's to get start with DBZ The Breakers? This game is a lot to digest.

My knowledge is probably out of date since I haven't played in a while (waiting for the new season to drop) but buy the grappling hook from the shop ASAP as it is an extremely useful escape tool and general traversal one. I dunno what kind of tickets they've been giving out so I have no idea what kind of skills you have or can obtain atm though.

General gameplay wise though, don't sensu bean after being downed if the Raider is still ontop of you because you get no iframes and will just instantly die and be removed from the game entirely. Don't try to engage with the Raider if you're stuck at power level 1 unless you have multiple other 2s and 3s going after them, but don't be afraid to blow your dragon charge when the raider is on their way to escape. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask because I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff right now lol.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

They could do a whole series of killer-as-survivors and I’d be all for it. Like what if Billy’s parents loved him or Clown got along with his dad or I guess none of the killers had lovely parents now that I think about it.

I've been longing for this and also the exact opposite. Give me Yun-Jin getting pissed as hell that Trickster is trying to ruin everything meaningful to her that she fought so hard to earn and protect, snapping, and becoming a killer herself. If Spirit can, so can Yun-Jin < :mad: >

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I've been longing for this and also the exact opposite. Give me Yun-Jin getting pissed as hell that Trickster is trying to ruin everything meaningful to her that she fought so hard to earn and protect, snapping, and becoming a killer herself. If Spirit can, so can Yun-Jin < :mad: >

Killer Yun-Jin and survivor Trickster would go so goddamn hard