Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

They really need to spend a while on QoL fixes and bug fixing its incredible to me that it basically was almost bug free besides a single busted quest in act 3 during my first run in August/September but now doing this durge run I'm actively noticing alot of problems. Also, have they changed the camera angles in some of the dialogue scenes? Finishing up act 2 and definitely noticed that some things looked different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Been thinking about difficulty and I think what I'd like to see is a mod that :

Raises enemy levels to give them some extra feats and abilities.
Adding more opponents or reinforcements to fights where it makes sense in acts 2 and 3.
Related to the above, there are a number of fights where it would make sense for ambushers or reinforcements to also come from behind/above.
Giving legendary moves to boss-like enemies in fights that don't have one

Basically adding more tactical spice instead of just changing hp pools and damage.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I’ve taken to hoarding Dome of Invulnerability (or whatever it’s called) scrolls for the fights where enemies have Radiant Retort and it’s just so satisfying to pull out all the big gun Radiant spells and abilities and then watch them react but nothing happens.

House of Grief goes from a pain in the rear end to almost trivial. When I fought Raphael last time I had to re-cast it a time or two because it lasts for 3 rounds but my last House of Grief I wiped the floor before the first one ran out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Geekboy posted:

I’ve taken to hoarding Dome of Invulnerability (or whatever it’s called) scrolls for the fights where enemies have Radiant Retort and it’s just so satisfying to pull out all the big gun Radiant spells and abilities and then watch them react but nothing happens.

House of Grief goes from a pain in the rear end to almost trivial. When I fought Raphael last time I had to re-cast it a time or two because it lasts for 3 rounds but my last House of Grief I wiped the floor before the first one ran out.

I had quite a few by the end so in those last battles I was giving everybody some dome!

No, but seriously, it was a big brained move (literally) to use them at the end of Act 3: started my domination of Karsus move and then had Gale cast DoI on himself and me and just watched all the mind flayers helplessly do mind blasts on us to try and break my spellcasting.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Having Minsc as an open hand monk is pretty hilarious, just this ridiculous comic relief character and his drat space hamster saying goofy poo poo every time you speak to him, but when combat starts it's suddenly Enter the Dragon and he just begins deleting people with his bare hands.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Having Minsc as an open hand monk is pretty hilarious, just this ridiculous comic relief character and his drat space hamster saying goofy poo poo every time you speak to him, but when combat starts it's suddenly Enter the Dragon and he just begins deleting people with his bare hands.

That is exactly how I respecced him for my tactician run

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Oh, man. Minsc as a Monk is a drat good match.

I want to do a run as Karlach where I recruit Jaheira and Minsc as fast as I can and then never swap them out. I was thinking Karlach would be a Monk for that but maybe I’ll respec her to Paladin.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I want to make Lae'zel a Bard just because it's hilarious thinking of her seething in the cutscenes and then playing a lil' ditty on her lute afterwards

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I mean, the first time you see Minsc he is breaking out of a mimic with his bare hands and he doesn't seem smart enough to use a sword... so

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Medullah posted:

I want to make Lae'zel a Bard just because it's hilarious thinking of her seething in the cutscenes and then playing a lil' ditty on her lute afterwards

I bet her vicious mockery lines are amazing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It's bullshit that Shield Dwarves don't get shield proficiency.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Entropic posted:

It's bullshit that Shield Dwarves don't get shield proficiency.

And that gold dwarves don't get gold proficiency

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Mr. Lobe posted:

And that gold dwarves don't get gold proficiency

:hmmyes:

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I think I might have some irreversable mod damage. When casting Longstrider or any other similar spell on multiple people I don't have access to that cast spell button that appears on the hotbar. It will appear briefly but then have the normal hotbar appear on top of it. I have tried deleting all mods and completely uninstalling/delting the folder for the game and reinstalling but the problem persists. I think a hotbar mod I installed has changed the hotbar in a way that's permanent and prevents that cast confirmation button from appearing. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Lobok posted:

I had quite a few by the end so in those last battles I was giving everybody some dome!

No, but seriously, it was a big brained move (literally) to use them at the end of Act 3: started my domination of Karsus move and then had Gale cast DoI on himself and me and just watched all the mind flayers helplessly do mind blasts on us to try and break my spellcasting.

In my game they mind blasted right through it and interrupted the spell!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fuckpot posted:

I think I might have some irreversable mod damage. When casting Longstrider or any other similar spell on multiple people I don't have access to that cast spell button that appears on the hotbar. It will appear briefly but then have the normal hotbar appear on top of it. I have tried deleting all mods and completely uninstalling/delting the folder for the game and reinstalling but the problem persists. I think a hotbar mod I installed has changed the hotbar in a way that's permanent and prevents that cast confirmation button from appearing. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

verify game files after deleting mods? should create a clean slate

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

fuckpot posted:

Just to be clear, is this from a single campaign? Are you still getting the behaviour if you start a new character?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This has almost certainly been done before but I'm still enjoying myself:

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Just to be clear, is this from a single campaign? Are you still getting the behaviour if you start a new character?

It's from a single campaign. I'm not too fussed about ditching this playthrough and starting again but I'd prefer not to.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ve never had to do a full reinstall to remove mods. Could you post a video of your toolbar being weird?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

fuckpot posted:

It's from a single campaign. I'm not too fussed about ditching this playthrough and starting again but I'd prefer not to.

Sounds like the save is borked then, doubt you can unfuck it if the mod has changed something in there

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I've seen that behavior recently and I've never used any mods. At least with longstrider it's easy to work around

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

Controlling the cursor in any fight or traversal area set in complex 3D spaces was an annoyance

I totally agree - something about the camera being movable in an annoyingly limited way plus the 3D environments made playing with a M+KB a pain in the rear end to me. I'm playing on console now and controller movement actually feels good

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

What up fellow canonish durge playthrough buddy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AndrewP posted:

I totally agree - something about the camera being movable in an annoyingly limited way plus the 3D environments made playing with a M+KB a pain in the rear end to me. I'm playing on console now and controller movement actually feels good

I was playing on console, lol. The thing that would trip it up is elevation. The right stick does double duty as a zoom and a change in angle for the camera but what was missing often was a way to change the height/elevation of the cursor. Stuff like big chasms or multiple floors or transitions between floors (also known as stairs) could often cause headaches.

There was actually a place in Cazador's that I'm not sure was supposed to be a real challenge or it was just the inadequacy of the cursor. I flew down by myself to a lower floor from a ledge and after getting the loot that I wanted I couldn't fly back up because there was no way to point to the ledge again. It kept treating the higher floor as see-through so pointing to a spot on the ledge just moved me to a spot under it.

Luckily I didn't have to abandon my party or my summons' because there was, oddly enough, the game's only real-time platforming segment nearby so I caught a ride on a makeshift elevator back up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

lol I did it too

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Can't really understand playing as the canonical Durdgg

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I think the Gauntlet really needs like a tiefling kid to just show up crying about how their parents were taken alive and time is of the essence.

Jaheria's warning, the big yellow circle on the map, Balthazar 100% confident you are an ally, the waypoint before the pool indicating you can come back, the pop up saying are you sure? Just don't seem to be enough.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

I was playing on console, lol. The thing that would trip it up is elevation. The right stick does double duty as a zoom and a change in angle for the camera but what was missing often was a way to change the height/elevation of the cursor. Stuff like big chasms or multiple floors or transitions between floors (also known as stairs) could often cause headaches.

oh yeah I get what you're saying, that is annoying.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm still super new to BG3 and wanting to try out a couple mods like the one for camp event notifications.

I tried using the Vortex installer but the mods I installed with it don't show up when I click the "open mods folder" button on BG3 startup, I only see ModFixer.pak and vortex.deployment.json. I went googling for fixes, thinking maybe I had set the filepath wrong or something, and now I'm seeing more advice to use the BG3 Mod Manager.

Should I switch to the Mod Manager? What's better for someone who hasn't used mods in a long time and is slightly stupid?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

I'm still super new to BG3 and wanting to try out a couple mods like the one for camp event notifications.

I tried using the Vortex installer but the mods I installed with it don't show up when I click the "open mods folder" button on BG3 startup, I only see ModFixer.pak and vortex.deployment.json. I went googling for fixes, thinking maybe I had set the filepath wrong or something, and now I'm seeing more advice to use the BG3 Mod Manager.

Should I switch to the Mod Manager? What's better for someone who hasn't used mods in a long time and is slightly stupid?

I just made the switch from vortex to mod manager. It's real simple to use and I am not longer good at computers. I basically made a folder to download my mods into when clicking manual on Nexus which makes it was to import into the mod manager.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Soonmot posted:

I just made the switch from vortex to mod manager. It's real simple to use and I am not longer good at computers. I basically made a folder to download my mods into when clicking manual on Nexus which makes it was to import into the mod manager.

Cool, thanks, I did that too and it's working fine.

And on that note I thought there was a bag mod that auto vendored junk and sent camp supplies back to camp, does that ring a bell or am I conflating mods here? I'd love a way to streamline my bags, I pick up everything then have to sort it all out which gets boring. I guess I could stop grabbing too much junk too....

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Snowy posted:

switching to MM is fine, it's best practice, but Vortex uses a staged folder, basically it stores mods somewhere else and tells the game those mods are in the mod folder

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I mean that's what I'm saying, I'm bad at the game so I'm probably not one to judge, but there should be some powers somewhere on the spectrum between 'holy poo poo it's a free crit/counterspell/basically like thirty loving damage' and 'I wouldn't ever use an action on this', hell a lot of them you wouldn't use a bonus action on. Perilous Stakes is probably the single most fundamentally broken thing in the game when you cast it on an opponent, meaning it's basically assisted suicide if you use it on yourself, but rather than tweaking it somehow they just disabled targeting opponents on Honour mode, making it completely worthless, I mean what's that about??

I’m doing my second play through (first time on tactician) and hit the final encounter of act 2 last night. Hadn’t really hosed with the brain powers before cause nothing is that hard but figured I’d try Perilous Stakes on the Big Bad

A single Paladin smite crit for like 2/3 of his health pool lmfao. Wasn’t even going out of my way to stack damage modifiers. I can definitely imagine how that would get very very stupid

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

in D&D can you raise your stats by working out? Like can you be a sorcerer with innate magic power but also like after every adventure you lift a lot of weights and get stronger? Or are stats only affected by game items and experience?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That’s what the ability score increase every 4 levels is meant to represent.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

There are books you can read that give you +2 to a stat instead of some weird mirror. Probably also GM fiat but that would be a narrative thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shard posted:

in D&D can you raise your stats by working out? Like can you be a sorcerer with innate magic power but also like after every adventure you lift a lot of weights and get stronger? Or are stats only affected by game items and experience?

In D&D it's whatever the hell your GM wants but real improvements, worthy of raising a stat by a point, would usually take time. You're not going to raise the strength of a spindly scribe to a buff Barbarian without a serious, consistent investment in time and effort for months and years.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Who should I have Orin kidnap. decisions, decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Who should I have Orin kidnap. decisions, decisions

Halsin