Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ex post facho posted:

lol

the democrats are extremely recessioned and are going to be obliterated

lol this dumbass party

Their entire campaign is predicated on trump being the next Hitler who has to be defeated at all costs and Biden is like we should work together on the immigrant question

They can't even keep to their losing rear end message lmao what the gently caress are they even doing hahaha just an obvious tank job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Trump is the new Hitler because he wants to rig elections more openly, not because of all the ethnic cleansing stuff

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump is the new Hitler because he incited a mob that almost lynched members of Congress. They were totally and legitimately afraid for their lives, but they will also never talk about it again.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
The 2011 Colts were more convincing that they were trying to win

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gently caress off old man

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It would be really funny if the House impeached Biden for giving such an incoherent speech that it did not satisfy Article II, Section 3.

quote:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The widening gap on the immigration issue isn't a huge indictment on Biden in my opinion, it's just a signal of how overt racism has become such a pillar of the Republican brand.

When you go against your base to copy the opposition it will always result in you looking worse. If I want the thing both these guys want why the gently caress would I prefer the one who, 4 years ago, said he didn't? If I don't like the thing they both want, why would I prefer the guy who's moving away from my position? I don't think it's just that this country is more extremely racist than it usually is, but that the Biden campaign's strategy is the worst one possible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I will blame Biden’s defeat on the failure of the Norwegian Nobel Committee to award the Nobel Peace Prize to Joseph Robinette Biden.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1348430675238678528

love to remember this old chestnut

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

it's fun to remember things, since biden can't

A_Druish_Princess
Jan 12, 2024

StashAugustine posted:

Trump is the new Hitler because he wants to rig elections more openly, not because of all the ethnic cleansing stuff

Naa, the Zionist’s are the new hitler. Ironic right?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

sirtommygunn posted:

When you go against your base to copy the opposition it will always result in you looking worse. If I want the thing both these guys want why the gently caress would I prefer the one who, 4 years ago, said he didn't? If I don't like the thing they both want, why would I prefer the guy who's moving away from my position? I don't think it's just that this country is more extremely racist than it usually is, but that the Biden campaign's strategy is the worst one possible.

Yeah, "hey me too!" is a losing platform. Very clearly talking from both sides of your mouth is rarely popular with people either.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol this dumbass party

Their entire campaign is predicated on trump being the next Hitler who has to be defeated at all costs and Biden is like we should work together on the immigrant question

They can't even keep to their losing rear end message lmao what the gently caress are they even doing hahaha just an obvious tank job

if you finish last you get really good draft pick spots

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ex post facho posted:

lol

the democrats are extremely recessioned and are going to be obliterated

Whig rear end party.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

if you finish last you get really good draft pick spots

Democrats would waste the #1 on a kicker

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the democrats must be destroyed

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

ex post facho posted:

gently caress off old man

this is the first state of the union I've ever been excited for in my life. they will be hopping him up on the best poo poo they've got and I wanna see where his ceiling is these days

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I went to check when my state primary is so I could vote for none of the above only to discover that Missouri abolished the primary in 2022. Huh.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pitch posted:

I went to check when my state primary is so I could vote for none of the above only to discover that Missouri abolished the primary in 2022. Huh.

Vote harder to save democracy.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

JUST loving LIE

Lie about it! Say you passed! Who in the gently caress is this bad at politics? This is kindergarten poo poo

spacemang_spliff posted:

The 2011 Colts were more convincing that they were trying to win

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Nichael posted:

I love the Gen Z perspective!

The White House offers him a paid ($1 annually) position, he shows up at the barber the next day with a plastic bag so he can have a memento of his wild years

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ClassActionFursuit posted:

JUST loving LIE

Lie about it! Say you passed! Who in the gently caress is this bad at politics? This is kindergarten poo poo

no one in the administration is willing to stick their neck out to lie about it. they are all preparing to flee the sinking ship like the buttigiegs they are.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no one in the administration is willing to stick their neck out to lie about it. they are all preparing to flee the sinking ship like the buttigiegs they are.

While I know this is true, I honestly believe the reason is that they believe it would be wrong to do so. Which is why when they lie about poo poo everyone knows to be true in order to perpetuate an ongoing genocide that they have the ability to stop it makes me even angrier because their morality allows for the latter and not the former.

I hate the democrats so loving much

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's going to be bad when trump wins but i'm glad the liberals have successfully convinced me that electoralism is useless and democrats are a farce

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/1763541226425405614

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
we could do something about why the protests are happening, maybe we could even do some more positive pr spin... hmm, no, let's just suppress the protesters instead and *checks notes* send the Pinkertons to "vet attendees" lol

quote:

President Joe Biden’s team is increasingly taking extraordinary steps to minimize disruptions from pro-Palestinian protests at his events by making them smaller, withholding their precise locations from the media and the public until he arrives, avoiding college campuses and, in at least one instance, considering hiring a private company to vet attendees.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

ex post facho posted:

it's going to be bad when trump wins but i'm glad the liberals have successfully convinced me that electoralism is useless and democrats are a farce

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/1763541226425405614

Whig rear end loving losers. I wonder what sort of corporate gigs these sycophants think they are going to get in 1 year that justifies this pathetic display -- no one is going to want to touch this toxic corporatism except defense contractors and Uber

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

ex post facho posted:

we could do something about why the protests are happening, maybe we could even do some more positive pr spin... hmm, no, let's just suppress the protesters instead and *checks notes* send the Pinkertons to "vet attendees" lol

liberal snowflakes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
trump already beating biden on this

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1763394269069427070

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i'm not sure why liberals are bringing attention to this when biden "doesn't need it"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can see how a test like that could be challenging. Like what if they show you a picture of a snake alongside a picture of Elizabeth Warren?

ex post facho posted:

i'm not sure why liberals are bringing attention to this when biden "doesn't need it"
It's not even about winning, it's about haranguing people to validate their own lovely choices. They desperately need you to say that Biden good and cool and smart and popular and an expert sexhaver and definitely not a rapist or a genocidal maniac.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Mar 1, 2024

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
so if it's so easy why doesn't biden take it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

no way could Biden solve the word scramble in the Highlights magazine in his hospitals waiting room

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also, seeing people/goons making fun of Trump for bringing it up, and like, old people love talking about their cognitive test after their appointment. Maybe not for as long or as stupidly as Trump, but they love talking about how it was tricky but they remembered everything (you know they say a set of numbers to you and then talk for awhile...). It's an old people thing, so lol at thinking that any of Trump's old base would think anything of it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah in the context of "it's a matter of public record the DoJ thinks Biden is guilty of the same crimes as Trump but no jury would find him fit to stand trial" it's a winning move to keep bragging about it. Especially since Biden is refusing to takethe same test and dems made a lot of hay about Trump's physical.

I want to see a petty trump on the debate stage harassing sleepy joe to draw a clock or asking if he can remember which of his loser kids are dead.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Just imagining how the SOTU is gonna go if he can't keep it together for a 5 minute cognitive test and or emergency press conference about how great his memory is already

Alternatively, imagining how they justify him not giving one this year

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Halloween Jack posted:

I can see how a test like that could be challenging. Like what if they show you a picture of a snake alongside a picture of Elizabeth Warren?

It's not even about winning, it's about haranguing people to validate their own lovely choices. They desperately need you to say that Biden good and cool and smart and popular and an expert sexhaver and definitely not a rapist or a genocidal maniac.

I, too, was subjected to that headline.

NY mag: “Joe Biden Worried the Kids Weren’t Having Enough Sex”

quote:

As part of a presidential team effort to combat the widely held belief among voters that Joe Biden is too old to serve a second term, his aides have been giving reporters more of a peek at the man they know behind the scenes. His staffers say Biden swears in private, chews out aides who aren’t performing up to standards, and is well versed in the details of complex regulatory issues. According to two accounts, Biden can also get a little spicy, in a Diamond Joe sort of way.

The Washington Post reports that in the early days of his presidency, Biden worried about the loneliness of young people and how they were socializing during COVID lockdowns. “He wanted to know how college students went on dates,” the report states. More directly, Biden wondered how young people could “make love” given the pressure of the unusual times.

It gets worse from there.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2743680

quote:

Report: Biden’s staff taking ‘extraordinary’ steps to avoid pro-Palestinian protesters

The US president’s team is carefully organising his public appearances so as to minimise “disruptions from pro-Palestinian protests”, reports NBC News.

This includes keeping his public events smaller, not disclosing their exact location ahead of time, and staying away from college campuses, the US outlet said, citing a Biden ally and a source “familiar with his planning”.

The measures come after Biden was interrupted more than a dozen times by pro-Palestinian protesters while speaking at a campaign rally in January.

Protesters at the January 23 event shouted phrases such as “ceasefire now”, “let Gaza women live”, and “genocide Joe”.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
biden is a jerk that's really into young people's sex lives? wow sounds great where do i sign up to vote

"joe's brain isn't melted, he's actually a pervert rear end in a top hat" what a campaign team

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ex post facho posted:

How is it going to be bad? He was already president and nothing changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I'm just really thankful this thread exists, because it's the one place online where it's possible to criticize Biden without being accused of being a secret Trump supporter or white supremacist or whatever.