Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: You got anything to say, granny?
Granny: Me?
Bryan: No, the other granny.
Granny: Oh. Go ahead, other granny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
New Dave lore: Friends with a fencing commentator.

Because of course he is.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: You got anything to say, granny?
Granny: Me?
Bryan: No, the other granny.
Granny: Oh. Go ahead, other granny.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
bryans made his notes available for regular subscribers and this week he wrote over 3000 words for a single episode of nxt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Incessant Excess posted:

bryans made his notes available for regular subscribers and this week he wrote over 3000 words for a single episode of nxt

::bryan-ishly:: I FIND THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE!

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Incessant Excess posted:

Only 1000 per “worst storylines in wrestling today” happening on the most recent ep sounds pretty restrained.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I choose to believe Bryan's NXT notes are like MacGruber's notebook, but with "TATUM PAXLEY" in place of "KFBR-392"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Channing "stacks of notes" Lorenzo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I thought yall said Bryan thought nxt was good

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s Bryan’s favorite show for the same reason he objects to Booker T getting the worst announcer award. It can be very bad but is always interesting.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
NXT is like WWF Superstars, in that the wrestling is usually pedestrian but the characters are why you watch.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He stopped liking it again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cheque must have bounced

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

I thought yall said Bryan thought nxt was good

I found it very amusing that he spent months insisting it was great every single week but by pure chance JUST as he got other people on his shows to start watching it too it suddenly became really bad!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This month's Deadlock SGH is truly an unbelievably dogshit show but it's worth watching alone for the bizarre as gently caress main event with the pre-recorded footage of paul bearer getting submerged in cement with a definitely very real convincing double in the arena that they artfully edit around.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

"We only have 20 minutes left so make it quick."
"Well, I'm not going to make it quick!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao I was going to suggest this nitro to the boys but they’re doing it this week!!!!

quote:

If you're someone that likes to watch the show that we review before the podcast airs, so you can follow along with us that way, you're in luck! Each week on the Patreon, we reveal what we're watching for all of our patrons.

On the next episode of the DEADLOCK Podcast, we'll be reviewing the November 8, 1999 episode of WCW Monday Nitro!

bam bam bigelow gets counted out of nowhere

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 3, 2024

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao I was going to suggest this nitro to the boys but they’re doing it this week!!!!

I revisited that whole nitro and the part that doesn't get talked about enough as it's constant through the show us how much nobody gives a gently caress David Flair is, on screen, trying to kidnap and rape Kimberley Page.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan Alvarez: They should replace the ROH TV title with the BMF Belt.
Me, talking at my phone like Bryan can hear me: Jesus Christ, Bryan, that's got to be your stupidest idea ye-
Bryan Alvarez: The Big Meaty Fucker Belt.
Me: Alvarez, you're a genius!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao Dave is so negative on the show

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

fez_machine posted:

Yeah was surprised to hear him say the crowd wasn’t hot for the pre show when there were pretty big chants going on for the scissor gang/jarretts oddities match.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave is dumb.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He said that this was better than last year's Revolution, which was the show of the year.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its really not fair to compare shows that dont have ospreay/takeshita to shows that do. Total apples and oranges

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Dave not understanding that Max is messing up his raps because Jay and the bang bang gang are messing up his vibe is still baffling to me :psyduck:

Pro wrestling isn't really subtle all the time but yet people can't see what's in front of their eyes

Though Dave did call Dwayne's 20 minute twitter video a masterpiece, there you go. :lol:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 4, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I HAVE A VERY LARGE BRAIN. I'M GOOD AT MATH!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Dave not understanding that Max is messing up his raps because Jay and the bang bang gang are messing up his vibe is still baffling to me :psyduck:

Pro wrestling isn't really subtle all the time but yet people can't see what's in front of their eyes

Though Dave did call Dwayne's 20 minute twitter video a masterpiece, there you go. :lol:

He once thought The Acclaimed were pretending to be robots.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
I will stop looking for these reviews on youtube and pay for both subscriptions if bryan will stop arguing so vehemently about faces and heels

Something tells me the face Swerve he's seen is different from the "full babyface" Swerve he's blowing my ear out saying that he doesn't exist

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Meltzer is just mad that sting kicked out of his move and is salty about it

“Bryan, the Meltzer driver is supposed to be an unbeatable move, and, and, and, y’know, even if sting is retiring and it was renamed, this really ruined the credibility of the move”

*fire alarm beep*

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan had the exact same problem I did with B/R last night. At least they gave me a refund after four attempts with customer service and refunds approved but not actually processed :fuckoff:

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

HE GETS COUNTED OUT

OF ANYWHERE!!!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan had the exact same problem I did with B/R last night. At least they gave me a refund after four attempts with customer service and refunds approved but not actually processed :fuckoff:

Lol they strung me along for 45 minutes with email screenshots and receipt PDFs then just ended the chat. A couple hours later I just got access through the my events page silently.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Lol they strung me along for 45 minutes with email screenshots and receipt PDFs then just ended the chat. A couple hours later I just got access through the my events page silently.

Lmao exact same experience. I kept spamming the chat with "(this message is to prevent timing out)" which actually did seem to help :xd:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao exact same experience. I kept spamming the chat with "(this message is to prevent timing out)" which actually did seem to help :xd:

The fun part was saving over all the "Bleacher Report Receipt.PNG" files from when I had to all of this for All In London and DoN last year. Such a good service imo. Max and Peacock and stuff are so boring, you just click on things and watch them and receive what you pay for, yawn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao jawwny did not disappoint in the bam bam match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan trying to be a promoter, egging Dave on to tell his tornado story while Dave just casually goes,"Nah it was no big deal, we were fine, there was no problem at all" :lol:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Dave is dumb.

:wrong:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Literal first ten seconds of the show
“It was a pretty great PPV”

Two mins in
“It really was a hell of a show”

You’ve got deaf ears mate

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Heard “hell” and started having forums flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Genuinely starting to question the ability of some people to understand words.