Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ralph Hurley posted:

I feel the same about Ralph when his kid gets shot with an arrow, then, the Tracee scene happens.

The Tracee scene happens first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

It does? poo poo, now I have to watch the whole show again.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Allduerespect,

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean, OJ’s no less of a running back right?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

It does? poo poo, now I have to watch the whole show again.

yeah the tracee scene happens WAY before, after his kid gets shot with an arrow he burns down the stables for the insurance money on Pie Oh My

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Very allegorical

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ralphie murders Tracee in the sixth episode of season three. His son catches an arrow with his chest in the ninth episode of season four, the same one where the stables burn down and Tony kills Ralph.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
While I like the storyline, the set up to Ralphies kid getting shot is hilariously, cartoonishly dumb even by the standards of dumb kids doing dumb things, it's more comparable to a scene in the simpsons where homer buys a gun and Bart is about to use it to shoot an apple out of Milhouse's mouth.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I find it 100% believable that Ralph would get his sons a real bow with real arrows, instead of those suction cup/velcro ones like a normal parent

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

khwarezm posted:

While I like the storyline, the set up to Ralphies kid getting shot is hilariously, cartoonishly dumb even by the standards of dumb kids doing dumb things, it's more comparable to a scene in the simpsons where homer buys a gun and Bart is about to use it to shoot an apple out of Milhouse's mouth.

I was at a family party and my 8 year old cousin was off near the woods with his friend, throwing an 8 inch knife blade into the air as high as they could, trying to catch it. Kids are absolutely that stupid.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ulvir posted:

I find it 100% believable that Ralph would get his sons a real bow with real arrows, instead of those suction cup/velcro ones like a normal parent

They didn't use suction cups in Gladiator!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

MillennialVulcan posted:

I was at a family party and my 8 year old cousin was off near the woods with his friend, throwing an 8 inch knife blade into the air as high as they could, trying to catch it. Kids are absolutely that stupid.

I suppose I should never underestimate kid's ability to do amazingly stupid stuff, its just that the setup is so blunt about how this is going to end up, the kid's are literally shooting arrows at a target the other one is holding?! Jeez, if they had them dare each other to fistfight a pride of lions with steaks strapped all over them it would have been more subtle.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

But the Bow was meant to find the Ring, Son of Gondor!

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

khwarezm posted:

Jeez, if they had them dare each other to fistfight a pride of lions with steaks strapped all over them it would have been more subtle.

yeah this sounds like something kids would do

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Another Bill posted:

They didn't use suction cups in Gladiator!

Tony's greatest crime was killing Ralphie before he could see Gladiator 2.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
At the same party, little cousin's friend came over to me, smiled and said "Hi!"

And then kicked me square in the balls.

loving kids.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Man, you can't make that poo poo up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CoffeeBoofer posted:

Man, you can't make that poo poo up.

What're you talkin' about, I just did.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I wonder if Ralphie's kid eventually recovered. I think the last he was saying is maybe only his speech would be affected but I guess whatever insurance he had covering his kid died with him.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Let's not forget that kids used to play with insanely dangerous Lawn Darts back in the day. Kids do stupid poo poo all the time like have Roman Candle firework fights amongst countless other things that aren't very smart at all

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Roman candle firework fights are the true measure of a man.

We can be sure Ralph Cifaretto did this, albeit offscreen, and he was the one firing at some underling.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

We used to stick m80s in the holes of Free AOL! cds and fling them in the air

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

One time in Boy Scout camp, a kid went “check this out” and sprayed lighter fluid on the back of a lean to and lit it on fire and was like “see? It’s not burning the whole thing down. Pretty cool huh”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

khwarezm posted:

I suppose I should never underestimate kid's ability to do amazingly stupid stuff, its just that the setup is so blunt about how this is going to end up, the kid's are literally shooting arrows at a target the other one is holding?! Jeez

i'm wondering if you were a sheltered child because i routinely did things at least that stupid with my friends when i was that age

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
or possibly you were just smarter than we were, i suppose

in my general experience though, young boys at play have a remarkably poor sense of possible consequences of their actions and often seem to be attracted to things that pose a danger to them

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 2, 2024

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you think the kids shooting arrows at one another are dumb, think about who their parents/adult role models are

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

crispix posted:

i'm wondering if you were a sheltered child because i routinely did things at least that stupid with my friends when i was that age

Roman candle fights, lawn darts, burning things... I def did all the things on this page as a dumb kid

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Did anyone say playing with guns? Bc we did that too. In retrospect, drinking beer and smoking weed taking over our social time at 13-14 probably saved a few lives

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 2, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

JethroMcB posted:

If you think the kids shooting arrows at one another are dumb, think about who their parents/adult role models are

*swings chain into Georgie's eye* we're just fuckin' around! cmon ya big crybaby ;)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

ebay listing for the booth from the final episode - currently at $76,300.00 with 2d 8h to go.

quote:

OWN THE FAMOUS SOPRANO'S BOOTH FROM HOLSTEN'S IN BLOOMFIELD, NJ!
We are currently renovating our booths at Holsten's. This is your once in a lifetime chance to own the ORIGINAL booth that the Soprano Family sat in for the final scene of the famous show!
The booth includes both seats, table, and divider wall with the plaque "Reserved for the Sopranos Family". Please note that the jukebox is NOT included with the sale.
The booth can be disassembled for easy transport. All parts are used (not new) and sold as is.
Due to the size and weight of this item, it is for pick up only. If the buyer needs it shipped, it will be at their own risk, cost, and arrangement. We will NOT be responsible for ANY shipping arrangements. Once the sale is completed, the buyer is sole responsibility for the transport of the booth.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ainsley McTree posted:

One time in Boy Scout camp, a kid went “check this out” and sprayed lighter fluid on the back of a lean to and lit it on fire and was like “see? It’s not burning the whole thing down. Pretty cool huh”

the back of a what?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BiggerBoat posted:

the back of a what?

A lean-to, a three-sided tent or shelter.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

crispix posted:

I'd say the dumbest thing I remember my classmates doing was something called an 'American Dream', where they'd briefly choke out each other to cut off the flow of blood to the brain to get a high sensation.

I... didn't partake.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
When I was a kid we ate a lot of charcoal-broiled meat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another Bill posted:

Roman candle fights, lawn darts, burning things... I def did all the things on this page as a dumb kid

Yep, looking back at it I'm kinda bewildered none of us got injured at all beyond some minor burns/bleeding.

Another Bill posted:

Did anyone say playing with guns? Bc we did that too.

Just a couple of times with airguns, but yes we took turns shooting at cans. I'm actually surprised looking back that nobody (well, one friend in particular) suggested we "test" how tough we were by shooting at each other.

khwarezm posted:

I'd say the dumbest thing I remember my classmates doing was something called an 'American Dream', where they'd briefly choke out each other to cut off the flow of blood to the brain to get a high sensation.

I... didn't partake.

Yeah, never did anything like that, though when we were younger we would "wrestle" in big brawls/royal rumbles and test out the different submission holds on each other. Thankfully it was pre-UFC days!

I do remember hearing that one of the guys in my class ended up dying in his late teens (I'd long since moved out of the area, so no idea if it was true or not) from drinking gasoline, so I guess some people never get out of that stupid "let's do dangerous stuff!" mindset.

Basically...

MillennialVulcan posted:

Kids are absolutely that stupid.

Also...

CoffeeBoofer posted:

When I was a kid we ate a lot of charcoal-broiled meat

Did nobody tell you?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

A lean-to, a three-sided tent or shelter.

yeah, one of these:

he sprayed a little puddle of lighter fluid on the outside of the back wall and lit it on fire to show that the fire would only be contained to the little puddle of fluid and wouldn't spread to the rest of the wood

i don't know what the plan was if it had spread, probably there wasn't one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, I had completely forgotten till I read that about the time a friend of mine took me to our school at night once because he wanted to show me something, poured methylated spirits all over the windowsill outside a classroom and lit it on fire to show off how it wasn't burning down the school!

God, kids are so loving stupid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Haha, I had completely forgotten till I read that about the time a friend of mine took me to our school at night once because he wanted to show me something, poured methylated spirits all over the windowsill outside a classroom and lit it on fire to show off how it wasn't burning down the school!

God, kids are so loving stupid.

we should not let boy scouts be alone in the woods, i have to assume a good chunk of forest fires are started that way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

we should not let boy scouts be alone in the woods, i have to assume a good chunk of forest fires are started that way

Boyscout AJ parking his SUV on some dry leaves.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
DA CATALYTIC CONVERTAH AND DA DRY VEGITASHUN