Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

CzarChasm posted:

I've seen this comic a hundred times and is the first time I realized he's criticizing his nephew for having his underwear stick out over the top of his pants, but then seeing the same thing on a woman turns him on.

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Potential incoming schad:

What will we get from merging Willy Wonka Experience with Fyre Festival II?

https://nypost.com/2024/03/01/lifestyle/billy-mcfarland-offers-wonka-experience-organizers-second-chance-at-fyre-festival-ii/

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I’m a tad late, but the Russians just used bead curtains.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/01/lifestyle/billy-mcfarland-offers-wonka-experience-organizers-second-chance-at-fyre-festival-ii/

A company buying out a startup before it becomes a competitor

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

:regd08:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

madmatt112 posted:

I’m a tad late, but the Russians just used bead curtains.

Yes, this also works. A vampire has to count the beads.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't see how you're going to get that many bees to stay in the doorway

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

zoux posted:

It's called a honey trap

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/HR89n6q.mp4

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

zoux posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, revolving doors are meant to be (+) not |+| so that if you are running a heater or air conditioner inside the building less air escapes and makes it more efficient, and more comfortable for anyone in the lobby.
I want to see advanced revolving doors like (+x).

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Knormal posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

Great for pressurizing the lobby

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

If your enemy enters through the left door, quickly enter through the right, and smack them in the face with a hundred steel rods.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Some of you will be forced through a fine mesh for your country

They will be the luckiest of all

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If it were any more open it wouldn't serve its purpose of being a revolving door so no the design is perfect.

If it had four panels in the centre then the opening could be 90° of the circle instead of the 60° it has to be with three.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Slashed jeans must be their worst nightmare

Luckily there's a new fad reversing that trend

I said get rid of those shorts! That’s it, you’re off the team!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CzarChasm posted:

I've seen this comic a hundred times and is the first time I realized he's criticizing his nephew for having his underwear stick out over the top of his pants, but then seeing the same thing on a woman turns him on.

How have I missed that detail for the last two decades.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knormal posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/rohfpJW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/V6L61yM.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/9x7FAF8.mp4

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

https://www.reddit.com/r/WinStupidPrizes/s/WwVG3TtlSP

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I'm at a loss here. The only thing I can think of why that what appears to be a plastic ketchup bottle was pressurized would be due to botulism.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
She probably messed with it on purpose, put something in it for the ticktocks or grams

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Would baking soda work on the vinegar in ketchup?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm at a loss here. The only thing I can think of why that what appears to be a plastic ketchup bottle was pressurized would be due to botulism.

Botulinum doesn't produce gas. It's one of the reasons it's so dangerous, there's no physical sign of its presence.
It can't grow in ketchup though. Too much acid.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Brawnfire posted:

Would baking soda work on the vinegar in ketchup?

probably this, theres a mess of white powder on the countertop in the video

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Fishstick posted:

Some of you will be forced through a fine mesh for your country

They will be the luckiest of all

IBM LONGMONT CAMPUS PISSSSSS

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I have had ketchup explode like that before, without any baking soda involved.

It was in the military so that bottle was probably older than I was and it smelled funny when it exploded all over me and everyone at the table.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Lone Badger posted:

It's one of the reasons it's so dangerous, there's no physical sign of its presence.

That's not true at all. A bulging can is one of the first signs that your poo poo is hosed up.

The loving CDC on botulism posted:

If you have any doubt whether safe canning guidelines have been followed, do not eat the food.

Home-canned and store-bought food might be contaminated with toxins or harmful germs if:

the container is leaking, bulging, or swollen;
the container looks damaged, cracked, or abnormal;
the container spurts liquid or foam when opened; or
the food is discolored, moldy, or smells bad.

Someone needs to watch more Steve1989MRE.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Anything that causes a bulging can is bad.

Some things that are bad do not cause cans to bulge.

One of the things that can happen with dented cans is that the seal is broken enough to allow microorganisms to enter and enough to slowly release gas that they generate, but not enough to meaningfully oxygenate the interior of the can.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Mar 2, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a bulge for you. :grin:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I got a bulge for you. :grin:

I've seen bigger bulges in cans that were safe to eat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Inceltown posted:

:negative:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Inceltown posted:

Oh my GOD.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
CDC hasn’t seen a murder that bad since 1981.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's not true at all. A bulging can is one of the first signs that your poo poo is hosed up.

That not clostridium botulinum causing the bulge though. It's a completely different bacterium that produces gas as a metabolic byproduct
Now the fact that you've got that bacterium growing in there means that the can's sterility is hosed. And if the can's sterility is hosed then it could very well have botulinum growing in there too and you definitely shouldn't eat it. But the bulge is merely correlated with the botulism, and if there was only botulinum present then the can would look and taste completely normal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Lone Badger posted:

That not clostridium botulinum causing the bulge though. It's a completely different bacterium that produces gas as a metabolic byproduct
Now the fact that you've got that bacterium growing in there means that the can's sterility is hosed. And if the can's sterility is hosed then it could very well have botulinum growing in there too and you definitely shouldn't eat it. But the bulge is merely correlated with the botulism, and if there was only botulinum present then the can would look and taste completely normal.

I tried to find the CGI butt farting and making GBS threads into a box but had trouble finding it with a search.

Just pretend I posted the CGI butt making GBS threads into a box with the loud fart noises.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I tried to find the CGI butt farting and making GBS threads into a box but had trouble finding it with a search.

Just pretend I posted the CGI butt making GBS threads into a box with the loud fart noises.
Your necessary search terms are "hot chocolate high velocity".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I ran into this a while back with some Heinz ketchup packets.

Scarodactyl posted:

This was a bit alarming to get with my fries.

Pretty incredible level of pressure built up.

Scarodactyl posted:

Well, it turns out we'd saved some other ketchup packets from this restaurant, apparently from the same batch.

They show varying levels of inflation and one had burst. I took some juice from the burst one and put it under the microscope.

I'm no expert but these look like yeast cells mixed in with the normal stuff. So, in conclusion,

Whooping Crabs posted:

ketchup has too low of a pH for it to be botulism, the pH of ketchup is ~3.9 while C. botulinum doesn't grow below a pH of 4.6

Edit: it's probably yeast that started to ferment the sugars in the packet into alcohol and CO2
Also it smelled fermented so I didn't really need to do any of that.
I also saw this weird spiralling shape.

Health department looked at it, shrugged, didn't follow up further from what I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Knormal posted:

Your necessary search terms are "hot chocolate high velocity".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Well poo poo. I knew, at this point in my life, that it was "hot chocolate" but I kept adding the wrong qualifiers on the end of it like fast and high pressure.

Thank you good samaritan.