Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jinkx playing Mama Morton on Broadway? That's cool.

JINKX PLAYING AUDREY IN LITTLE SHOP????? :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

https://playbill.com/article/jinkx-monsoon-is-little-shop-of-horrors-next-audrey-off-broadway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Queer Grenadier posted:

bold are my own corrections. :D

:hmmyes:

I really can’t argue with that! Though even when she hasn’t done that, her makeup has been spectacular

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Kagon posted:

:hmmyes:

I really can’t argue with that! Though even when she hasn’t done that, her makeup has been spectacular

I joke in fun. Dawn is alright. They started off as my favorite. Plane Jane was my enemy number 1. It’s swapped over time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Tomorrow's preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDIh9ZkQxs

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Getting gewwwd

e: I’m excited for gothic theme!

Queer Grenadier fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 1, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just realized that I own the same goggles Q wore as Amelia Earhart last week on Snatch Game. I got them last year to go off roading for like $15 from amazon

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
UK vs World 2:SHOCKED that Tia eliminated Keta over Gothy. I feel like Gothy had already given up and Keta at least wanted to still be there.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:stare:

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
And don't even get me started on season 16! I have not had enough wine for what has transpired tonight

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

I actually kind of loved that unexpected result. Tonight’s episode spoiler: though the fact is Mhya is somehow still there is shocking

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, that’s what lip syncs are for.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I feel like that could've been a very different outcome if it was the original version and not that atrocious remix. To add insult to injury, the original is such a great song for a lip sync that's also somewhat unconventional, and now we probably won't see it used.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ru's not beating the anti-theatre kid allegations anytime soon. :v: Jokes aside I think it was a fair result. While Mhiya did commit the "cardinal sin" of taking her wig off to... not even a wig, she was so dang fun to watch I didn't even really care.

Main challenge wise Q won that fair and square. And frankly I thought Plane deserved the bottom 3 more than Morphine but eh.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I just love the escalating gay gasps from the remaining queens these last couple of weeks, it FEEDS MY SOUL.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
God I am sad about the eliminated season 16 queen. Plasma was one of my early favs and a musical theatre queen and she was such a pleasure to watch this season. I would love for her to come back in an All Stars season.

We can say that the loving lipsync song this episode was extremely cursed right? I felt revulsion in my bones.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Uggggh. I guess we have a new Kennedy Davenport/Kandy Muse. We’re dragging her body straight to the top, aren’t we Mama Ru?

lol, love how another goon said she was leaving soon, what was it, two episodes ago, and she’s STILL here.

I probably wouldn’t mind as much if she didn’t punch down and read other queens while also being mediocre. Pick a struggle and shut up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol I was fully prepared for all of Dawn's "I'm not going home bitches" to be setting up a hoisted petard

Mhiya needs to gently caress off if she can't even do a challenge without help

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Uggggh. I guess we have a new Kennedy Davenport/Kandy Muse. We’re dragging her body straight to the top, aren’t we Mama Ru?

lol, love how another goon said she was leaving soon, what was it, two episodes ago, and she’s STILL here.

I probably wouldn’t mind as much if she didn’t punch down and read other queens while also being mediocre. Pick a struggle and shut up.

I don’t think that will happen here. other than snatch game, she’s almost always in the bottom. Coco proved that even if you can beat everyone in a lip sync, you’ll get sent home eventually. I don’t think she survives her next tile in the bottom unless the other queen pulls a Valentina

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kagon posted:

I don’t think that will happen here. other than snatch game, she’s almost always in the bottom. Coco proved that even if you can beat everyone in a lip sync, you’ll get sent home eventually. I don’t think she survives her next tile in the bottom unless the other queen pulls a Valentina

It's pretty telegraphed that Sapphira/Q/Nymphia/Jane is the final so I think Ru would be fine putting her over Morphine and Dawn

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Sapphira and Q's look didn't exactly read as goth to me. While I'm happy for the winner, I think Plane Jane or Dawn should have taken the win.

But yeah, the final 3 are pretty obvious, and have been for several episodes. It's just a matter of who takes that 4th spot.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

jimmydalad posted:

We can say that the loving lipsync song this episode was extremely cursed right? I felt revulsion in my bones.

I would’ve preferred Goo Goo Muck. So would half the audience and probably Plasma.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Just started watching drag den. It's very fun. Highly recommended. You can really tell the girls are having a blast.

Watching other seasons and series and seeing what the panel brings to things is eye-opening.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That lipsync to that song felt like a fever dream.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UkvsTW: is it just me, or did Ru already have a stank attitude when doing the workroom walkthrough with everyone? And why was he so hung up on accents?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Anyone else get the feeling that we're gonna have a Mhiya/Sapphira lip sync next week? I have a feeling Mhiya is gonna be over confident and Sapphira is gonna say something to the effect of "If I knew you were gonna act like this, I wouldn't have helped you"

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Noise Machine posted:

Anyone else get the feeling that we're gonna have a Mhiya/Sapphira lip sync next week? I have a feeling Mhiya is gonna be over confident and Sapphira is gonna say something to the effect of "If I knew you were gonna act like this, I wouldn't have helped you"

I am SO over Mh'iya and don't think she should have survived a third lipsynch.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Noise Machine posted:

Here's my prediction: Plane gives M'hiya the immunity potion since next week is the last chance and it will piss off the other queens.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Pinwiz11 posted:

Here's my prediction: Plane gives M'hiya the immunity potion since next week is the last chance and it will piss off the other queens.

This would be incredible television and while I think m'hiya should have gone home already I kind of hope this happens

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
S16: Mhia didn't even know all the words and was doing flips and spins through the sections she couldn't lipsync. Should've been booted for that tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You gotta hand it to her confidence not knowing all the words, to also do a wig reveal with nothing underneath it after doing the flower petals thing. Like you can't say she didn't try everything to stay

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Okay Q's look didn't read as goth. It read as Juggalo.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I’m mad that the category was neo-goth and the only one that even tried for that was Plane.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

iceyman posted:

Okay Q's look didn't read as goth. It read as Juggalo.

It was more harlequin clown than goth. It looked great, but it didn't fit the challenge.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know how you could get cast for this show and not learn how to sew.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think q/sapphira fit the brief inso much as I interpreted it as 'goth interpreted by couture" rather than the inverse which was how my wife interpreted it and agreed with youse

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is what you get when you have no goths doing a goth challenge.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Q's look was very Leigh Bowery* -- transforming an old-fashioned look/style into something more odd and postmodern eclectic, which is a great idea and she looked great, but I would've given it to Dawn. It was much more goth, that skirt was truly unique, and it'd be nice for her to have a win. And I've seen enough corsets and panties with a thigh high from Q that I am set for life.

The eliminated queen likely will get a lifetime of goodwill for being an unjust middle elimination a la Max from season 7 and Denali from season 13. That might be more useful to her career in the long run. I'm happy to be wrong about Mhi'ya's performance in snatch game, but watching her be so cocky when she has been so mid was not a cute look. Strong lip sync on her part, but that song was a choice.

*In this image Leigh is posed in front of the Lucian Freud (grandson of Sigmund) painting Naked Man, Back View, for which he was the sitter. Bowery posed for several Freud paintings, who had a deep fascination with painting flesh, especially its 'flaws', and would obsess over every fold, wrinkle, blemish, pockmark and what-not of the sitters body, the skin being the subject of the painting more so than the sitter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've been expecting this move from her all season long

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I am not sure that a single one of these drag queens knows what goth actually is. it is basically none of what they put together - it's more than just black clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
M'hiya's arrogance was not cute, and surely the producers will use it for a future storyline. Sapphira is such a beautiful , generous soul, but she needs needs to let M'hiya (or anyone) do their own challenge!!

I gotta say though, what a hugely high calibre of looks across the board presented for that challenge. I applaud Plasma for trying a different look for her, and constructing it entirely herself. I thought Plane Jane was entirely wrong in characterising her as messy (or however she put it). M'hiya is talented sure, but I'm over her shtick.