Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm kinda tired of this lovely attitude where if I acknowledge the supposedly left candidate has major flaws (or hell, any) I'm somehow an rear end in a top hat.

Wanting more than the bare minimum isn't a purity test.

Yes, but it’s an essential mechanism in the rightward ratchet, so they’ll keep doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm not sure where the belief that you had to want to hug and kiss your elected representatives because you two are soulmates came from, in elections you simply have to choose the one who will do the least lasting damage. That's it. The GOP has the setup crafted perfectly so that the slightest incremental change is the only way anything close to good ever happens, and if you refuse to vote for thE LessER OF twO eVILs because you only side with politicians that 100% agree with every single thing you think you're gonna have a bad time in the next 30 years.

There's 3 Supreme Court justices who are nearing retirement/dying age in the next 4 years, and nothing bad happened the last time Trump picked 3, so I"m sure it'll be fine to pout and skip voting this time.

The performative purity test foolishness from people who have now voted at least One Whole Time and everything isn't perfect yet is pretty naive poo poo.

You should send this post in letter form to some Palestinian children in Gaza, I'm sure it'll help warm them up while they struggle with lack of food and medicine thanks to the US-supported Israeli government.

And, you know, if the words themselves don't warm them up, when they burn what you wrote, that might!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you don't excoriate Biden, that means you want to murder palestinian children. You're not allowed to look at Trump and how much he loves dictators and suggest he basically gave Putin permission to invade Ukraine, or look at Bush Jr. and 300k+ dead in Iraq and suggest maybe the dem's track record isn't quite as gory as the republicans in living memory, or even just want to restore women's right to abortion by not giving more supreme court justices to the republicans. You just have to sit quietly while everyone points out the many deep flaws and grotesqueries of the democratic party and its current leadership, or you're a monster.

This is such tiresome rhetoric. Why aren't posters allowed to basically say yeah Biden sucks but we still gotta vote for him or else it's trump and that's worse? Is it really necessary to preface every call for voting D with all the reasons they suck, or else you're a filthy shitlib?

Or at the very least could we not have TFF chat thread be C-SPAM lite?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm kinda tired of this lovely attitude where if I acknowledge the supposedly left candidate has major flaws (or hell, any) I'm somehow an rear end in a top hat.

Wanting more than the bare minimum isn't a purity test.

The bare minimum would be an improvement, seriously, go to his official campaign website and find a single reason to vote for him that his campaign is offering beyond "defeat Trump" or "defeat the Republicans"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I literally do not need another reason for him than that

the dems are not going to learn from a defeat to trump that they need to move left, that's not the lesson they took from 2016 and they won't take it here either, the only way they move left is for the oldest ones to die off and we have to wait for that basically

e. to put it a different way I think there is a nonzero chance that if we elect trump again we'll never have a free-ish election again, it's basically a vote for a russian-style dictatorship

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 2, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

the dems are not going to learn from a defeat to trump that they need to move left, that's not the lesson they took from 2016 and they won't take it here either, the only way they move left is for the oldest ones to die off and we have to wait for that basically

My issue isn't really with people who support Biden because the alternative is worse, I get that, and if you live in a swing state your mental calculus is different than mine.

My issue is the people in charge of the Democratic party don't seem to give a poo poo who wins. I don't think they're necessarily tanking it on purpose, but they clearly don't care too much, otherwise they wouldn't be running a candidate that the majority of Democrats don't think should run while supporting a massive genocide the majority of the country thinks shouldn't be happening. And I don't like being scolded for refusing to put a check mark next to the name of a man personally responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of children in the last 5 months.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

These republicans seem bad. The dems should probably take popular policy positions and try hard to materially improve lives so they can win the election.

I mean... they do? I would rather have some loan forgiveness than none. More opportunities for investments in technology to address climate change than actively working against it. Any movement at all to address gun violence than doing absolutely nothing. Moving the needle at all on gender and sexual equality rather than actively working to undo it all.

Basically this:

Ether Frenzy posted:

The GOP has the setup crafted perfectly so that the slightest incremental change is the only way anything close to good ever happens

is Biden flawed? Yes, but has his administration been effective in advancing important things and preventing regressions in other areas, also yes.

Air Skwirl posted:

My issue isn't really with people who support Biden because the alternative is worse, I get that, and if you live in a swing state your mental calculus is different than mine.

My issue is the people in charge of the Democratic party don't seem to give a poo poo who wins. I don't think they're necessarily tanking it on purpose, but they clearly don't care too much, otherwise they wouldn't be running a candidate that the majority of Democrats don't think should run.

"Generic Democrat" is wildly popular, but every named person polls worse than Biden.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hot Diggity! posted:

Your sit bones gotta get used to time in the saddle. Get some padded shorts.

Even with padded shorts I get the gooch tingles and sore rear end once I hit the 10 mile mark :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdeAhpIPhE

make this the entire movie

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

And I don't like being scolded for refusing to put a check mark next to the name of a man personally responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of children in the last 5 months.

The tenor of the thread seems to me to be the opposite: if there's a bullshit tweet that says biden wants to hold hands and play pattycake with donald trump that's fine, because he's evil and terrible you see, but if someone suggests that that sort of fake headline mongering is poo poo, well, it's time to yell about how bad biden is some more, because we're not being sufficiently critical, and then if anyone says 'yes but we gotta elect him anyway' we get this poo poo now here where you're either for genocide or against it you see, and if you vote for joe biden you must love murdering palestinian children

Canned Sunshine posted:

You should send this post in letter form to some Palestinian children in Gazat!

Who is being "scolded"? loving hell, people who think it's really important not to have another Trump presidency aren't automatically genocide supporters! Do you want to convince anyone of anything or do you just want to blow up the thread and make the people who don't agree with you 100% leave?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't think people love it, I just think they don't care

At least not enough for it to affect the way they vote

e: There doesn't seem to be any monstrous position Biden could take that would get dems to stop holding their noses and voting for him anyway because a republican would be worse and that's a problem

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 2, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Dumb workout milestone but I'm averaging about 25-30 minutes on my excercise bike 3 to 4 times a week and finally getting back in to my old routine. It feels silly to be excited about but I really really fell off a few years ago and it's nice to get back to it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not silly at all. Nice job

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Dumb workout milestone but I'm averaging about 25-30 minutes on my excercise bike 3 to 4 times a week and finally getting back in to my old routine. It feels silly to be excited about but I really really fell off a few years ago and it's nice to get back to it.

No this rules, keep it up. I need to get back on the horse for the millionth time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Canned Sunshine posted:

You should send this post in letter form to some Palestinian children in Gaza, I'm sure it'll help warm them up while they struggle with lack of food and medicine thanks to the US-supported Israeli government.

And, you know, if the words themselves don't warm them up, when they burn what you wrote, that might!

By all means, vote for whoever you want. I'm sure that whoever is president if Biden doesn't win will do a better job in the middle east, and those kids in Gaza will feel rightful vengeance on my hurtful post when things are All Better when Biden is no longer the Prime Minister of Israel.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
TSN is putting the brier on youtube this year :toot:

A week of workday curling to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FYeuGE3e8

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

I mean... they do? I would rather have some loan forgiveness than none. More opportunities for investments in technology to address climate change than actively working against it. Any movement at all to address gun violence than doing absolutely nothing. Moving the needle at all on gender and sexual equality rather than actively working to undo it all.

There has been no meaningful movement on healthcare, gun violence, or the codification of reproductive rights.

I will give him that they have been able to pass some infrastructure investment (with huge concessions to his own party lol) and have been chipping away at some student loans.

I’m just very tired of being told that every election is the most important of our lives and we have to hold our noses and vote blue for whatever dogshit corpo they roll out, while they make the barest minimum of promises and rarely deliver. It’s loving criminal. Healthcare and legal weed would gain supermajorities until the climate takes us. But that would jeopardize their post-service lobby gigs, and we all know that is what matters most.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Who is being "scolded"? loving hell, people who think it's really important not to have another Trump presidency aren't automatically genocide supporters! Do you want to convince anyone of anything or do you just want to blow up the thread and make the people who don't agree with you 100% leave?

I'm not going to judge someone for voting for Biden or whoever for their own personal reasons, that's fine, that's their right.

But if you're gonna call out my post, you should also be calling out Ether Frenzy for basically saying, "In an election, you have two choices, usually the lesser of two evils", and that's in large part because you agree with him, per the posts you've made in between his and the most recent. And that's fine!

but I also don't think it's fair to then criticize those of us who who won't be voting for him, because of his decisions he's made, when then trying to defend/justify why others do vote for him.

Joseph Biden has actively supported the genocide of Palestinian children, by his unwavering support for the Israeli state government, including the funds and weapons that he has supported being sent to them. As a result, I don't plan to vote for him in this upcoming election. Maybe that'll change depending on his actions, but I doubt it based on his administration's precedents.

Is Trump worse? Absolutely. But the country is heading toward a constitutional crisis, and whether it begins next year, or in 4 more years, or whenever, it's going to occur, and I don't think that waiting for the old Democrats to age-out is really the long-game you think it is, because we can see how the "up-and-coming" Democrats like Sinema and Fetterman and others have become.

So if someone says they're voting for Biden for :reasons:, that's cool, that's their choice. But don't tell me that I have two choices in the election, because I have a third: not voting for any particular candidate that I can't support moral or ethically in any form.

Edit:

See, like this, it's always whataboutism and such.

Ether Frenzy posted:

By all means, vote for whoever you want. I'm sure that whoever is president if Biden doesn't win will do a better job in the middle east, and those kids in Gaza will feel rightful vengeance on my hurtful post when things are All Better when Biden is no longer the Prime Minister of Israel.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 2, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

Even with padded shorts I get the gooch tingles and sore rear end once I hit the 10 mile mark :toot:

cycling ftw

at least all that should go away over time and if it doesn't then a saddle change, saddle adjustment (no idea what kind of bike you've got, but you may be able to change the angle / move it forward or back a bit), and seat height adjustment could probably help.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

nah not dumb at all that owns. It's really nice to just sit and pedal for a while.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Exercising is great, that's awesome!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Biden and Trump are both bad in similar and different ways, but an old middle school friend of mine went off his meds and is talking about eating his own poo poo if one of those two can prove that they can get out of bed unassisted, so I know who I'm voting for in November.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Hell yeah keep it up. The best exercise routine is the one that you'll do consistently.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

C-Euro posted:

is talking about eating his own poo poo if one of those two can prove that they can get out of bed unassisted, so I know who I'm voting for in November.

Woah, ok, this right here, this is how it should be done, for all the (dingle)berries

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Biking is probably the easiest thing for me since I can put on a dumb youtube video and zone out while peddling. I can jump on in between court stuff when I work from home and mentally yell in to the void. My cats are very in to the spinning wheel and I'm really glad it's a solid disc.

The crotch thing is the only issue I have and I can manage. Especially today, when I'm trying to figure out what in the world this parent thought was going to happen when they tried to fake their UA and got mad the fake pee got detected. At least they didn't lie, just got mad at deceptive advertising.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Accelerationism is bad.

Accelerating on a bike is good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've had an assault bike for awhile but never rode it the way I do with an actual bike. I just can't get into that zone unless I'm outside seeing poo poo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Accelerationism is bad.

Accelerating on a bike is good.

I use a stationary bike to perfectly exemplify how US politics feels to me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Why can't we just hit the restart button or turn the government on and off???

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Why can't we just hit the restart button or turn the government on and off???

At this point pretty sure you guys would argue over gallows or guillotines.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I have what I call a cornerstone habit- on alternate days I'll do either pushups or body weight squats. I just turned 61. I been doing this since about 1990. Also swing these kettlebells now and then but at this stage I'm going through the motions more than anything. But anyhow if you can't afford / get to a gym, you don't really need one.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

i like both, for different reasons. they both show merit and are agreeable in their own ways.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i like both, for different reasons. they both show merit and are agreeable in their own ways.

We have proven consensus is possible.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

A gallow might accidently give somebody a boner so I'm against

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

A gallow might accidently give somebody a boner so I'm against

Your posts do the same thing tho :wink:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

guillotines are supposed to be the most humane.
for a great moment in executions check out Ricky Ray Rector

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1763631810804613496

I'm going to become the joker

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

This made me laugh a bunch, thank you!

Don't they even still say to stay home with cold and flu?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm going to vote for Joe Biden

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Generally yeah.

Semi-related and not necessarily related to your post but no twitter no facebook instagram etc has done wonders for my brain. Breaking away from doomscrolling I highly recommend. "Everything is awful nothing matters" is addicting! It's a self-reinforcing cycle!

Anyhow I'm still working please enjoy Drug Church and generally my thoughts on things itt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyK81x0fzk

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m happy folks are finally coming around to my constant “Twitter is making society dumber and it should be avoided” stance

Then again great way to get breaking news on football but far too many people just don’t read. No sources.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

e. to put it a different way I think there is a nonzero chance that if we elect trump again we'll never have a free-ish election again, it's basically a vote for a russian-style dictatorship

1. The democrats are going to continue going right regardless.

2. The olds don’t die fast enough. The “young”-er democrats have overwhelmingly shown that they have similar beliefs and practices. Even most of the squad.

3. We don’t have free-ish elections, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's been like eight hours since the last blatantly misleading twitter headline ITT and here we area again

quote:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is no longer recommending Americans stay home from work or school for five days after testing positive for COVID-19, a major shift in policy that comes as much of the country has moved on from the height of the pandemic.

The new guidance aligns COVID recommendations with other respiratory viral illnesses such as flu and RSV.

The simplified guidance recommends that even if they don’t know what virus is causing the illness, people should stay home when they are sick and symptomatic and resume normal activities if their symptoms have been improving and they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without any medication.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Is Trump worse? Absolutely. But
Genuinely, I don't think you really are seeing that you accused another poster of being a genocide supporter, in a mocking way, and are trying to draw some equivalence to the offense you take at being told that we have a two-party-only, lesser-of-two-evils system that you can't change or fix. But this statement right here makes me think you and I have nothing more to discuss. I didn't realize you're an accelerationist, and if you really are a "let's get trump in there because we're gonna collapse anyway, might as well be now" then there is such an immense, yawning chasm between your and my world views that it's totally irreconcilable.

I am, however, still going to call out hostile crap ITT when I see it, from you or anyone else. Seriously, please, reconsider accusing your fellow TFF posters of being genocide supporters. It really sucks.