Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the milk machine posted:

biden is a jerk that's really into young people's sex lives? wow sounds great where do i sign up to vote

"joe's brain isn't melted, he's actually a pervert rear end in a top hat" what a campaign team

losing social inhibitions is one of the hallmarks of dementia & if there's one guy I don't want to see lose his inhibitions about discussing sex with young people it's president genocide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/byjackkelly/status/1763677400221581764?s=46

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nothus posted:

How is it going to be bad? He was already president and nothing changed

2 more trump scotus picks, but I guess that'll just accelerate things faster

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I'm just really thankful this thread exists, because it's the one place online where it's possible to criticize Biden without being accused of being a secret Trump supporter or white supremacist or whatever.

please moderate your antisemitic tone, thank you

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

How many people would you need to move, physically, to guarantee both a heavily, uncontestable blue map in 2024, and victory for some number of actual progressives in key places?

I wonder how this compares to the number of reliably left voting workers who are currently fully remote and might be willing to go live someplace otherwise undesirable to them for long enough to be registered voters in nov 2024? Or even 2022; it doesn't even appear to me that the required length of time is that long, most places? One would need a physical address, mail, actual residency.

I love where I live and it would suck to be isolated from my family for a while and have to travel a distance to see them, but if this was something that was feasible based on math and had organized momentum behind it, I personally would go rent some cheap place with internet access for as long as needed, gently caress it.

Does anyone have a clue what the numbers look like and if this is a pipe dream or something that's possible?

i never got a syq on this post from 2021 when i started this thread three years ago :mad:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The test Biden refused because his brains are so good?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao I love this country

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I'm just really thankful this thread exists, because it's the one place online where it's possible to criticize Biden without being accused of being a secret Trump supporter or white supremacist or whatever.

it'd be real easy to start supporting trump unironically. after all, he's so loving funny and biden is so fundamentally loathsome. but jokes aside, thankfully most cspam posters can usually manage to remember that trump is just as much of a horrible racist piece of poo poo as biden.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

I want to see a petty trump on the debate stage harassing sleepy joe to draw a clock or asking if he can remember which of his loser kids are dead.

i want every debate to be like this. they still have to answer questions and respond to each others' statements but between questions they each get time to rip into the other and cause emotional psychic damage

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Laterite posted:

lmao I love this country

it's good as hell

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

we are so, so close to "here's how hillary can still win" level cope and it's barely march 1st

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

honestly, same
But I'm arabic so I'm just a dumb foreigner that doesn't understand the us and also likely a terrorist because I don't support genocide

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Mar 2, 2024

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it'd be real easy to start supporting trump unironically. after all, he's so loving funny and biden is so fundamentally loathsome. but jokes aside, thankfully most cspam posters can usually manage to remember that trump is just as much of a horrible racist piece of poo poo as biden.

I'm there, at least as much as a leftist can support a US president. I mean they're all going to be piles of poo poo, they're in charge of the evil empire, but taking that as a baseline I'm coming around to(?) at the place of(?) believing that Trump is about the best you can hope to get and hope to have elected. I'm serious when I ask, who is the better alternative? Show me someone who would be be better to have in the office and could win.

Anyone else is either a conservative ideologue or a liberal who believes in nothing. Trump being neither of these is enough to have comfortably made his last administration the best for the working class in my lifetime. I don't believe the country in current state is capable of giving us anything better than Trump.

Lastly, on the issue I care most about which is stopping the genocide in Gaza, it is impossible to be worse than Biden. And while I'll concede it's possible to be just as bad as Biden, logically I should support whomever is most likely to unseat Biden and that is Trump.

I'm willing to be talked out of this position but my disgust at this administration knows no bounds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More and more.people are saying this

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Trump seems the least bad of the people that might possibly become president this election. I don't think that makes me an unironic supporter. My preferred option is anyone under the age of 70 who primaries Biden, but the party is making absolutely sure that's impossible so :shrug:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

if you put a gun to my head and made me choose between biden and trump, well...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
lmao if given the choice between biden, trump, and a quick painless death you'd choose a senile rapist president

Assuming the scenario is you have to choose which of the two is president or else you die -and not just a really forceful person wants you to fill out a legal ballot for the dem or gop candidate at the top of the ticket

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao if given the choice between biden, trump, and a quick painless death you'd choose a senile rapist president

i could actually do something after "voting" for a senile rapist president instead of eating a bullet

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Like I said if the scenario is just voting, sure knock yourself out. I thought we were talking about a hypothetical where you had actual power.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
trump is the better option because having him in office will hasten the collapse of the us empire

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Source: Guardian UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/02/joe-biden-confuses-gaza-with-ukraine-in-airdrop-announcement

Joe Biden confuses Gaza with Ukraine in airdrop announcement
Allan Glen
Sat 2 Mar 2024 12.17 GMT

Joe Biden twice confused Gaza with Ukraine as he was announcing that the US would provide desperately needed aid to Palestinians.

The US president, 81, confirmed on Friday that humanitarian assistance would be airdropped into Gaza and said the US would “insist” Israel did more to facilitate help for those affected by famine and the effects of war, saying: “Children’s lives are on the line”.

Biden twice mistakenly referred to airdrops to help “Ukraine”, leaving White House officials to clarify he was in fact talking about Gaza.

Biden made the announcement while hosting the Italian prime minister, Giorgia Meloni, in Washington.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

trump is the better option because having him in office will hasten the collapse of the us empire

Feel like Biden has been more powerful on that front but it's largely just conditions deteriorating that neither has a will or interest to address so. Tomato tomato

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
biden is more like the imperial decline running on autopilot, whereas trump will find new and innovative ways to gently caress things up

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

ping ponging between the two of them is probably the best path to hastening the decline

Trump 2024 - Biden 2028

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Oneiros posted:

if you put a gun to my head and made me choose between biden and trump, well...

I'd shoot Toby twice

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The337th posted:

ping ponging between the two of them is probably the best path to hastening the decline

Trump 2024 - Biden 2028

2032? Happy 84th Birthday to our future president! It's finally her turn.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

They're just gonna wheel feinstein's corpse up there and that old lewis black bit about electing a dead president to prove to the world how insane we are is gonna come true

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I'm there, at least as much as a leftist can support a US president. I mean they're all going to be piles of poo poo, they're in charge of the evil empire, but taking that as a baseline I'm coming around to(?) at the place of(?) believing that Trump is about the best you can hope to get and hope to have elected. I'm serious when I ask, who is the better alternative? Show me someone who would be be better to have in the office and could win.

Anyone else is either a conservative ideologue or a liberal who believes in nothing. Trump being neither of these is enough to have comfortably made his last administration the best for the working class in my lifetime. I don't believe the country in current state is capable of giving us anything better than Trump.

Lastly, on the issue I care most about which is stopping the genocide in Gaza, it is impossible to be worse than Biden. And while I'll concede it's possible to be just as bad as Biden, logically I should support whomever is most likely to unseat Biden and that is Trump.

I'm willing to be talked out of this position but my disgust at this administration knows no bounds.

you do you but I’m just gonna not vote for either of the senile rapists and like smoke weed that day or something idk

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

you do you but I’m just gonna not vote for either of the senile rapists and like smoke weed that day or something idk

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

Now we're cooking

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

is there a way they could... both be president?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when u think about it, splitting the empire into an eastern and a western half is a classic move

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean trump is gonna win either way so you can just save some time and not wait in line to fill in the bubble next to his name

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
do you currently live in and are a registered voter in the state of michigan?

if not, good news! your vote does not matter.

if so, you've got a lot of growing up go do.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The best part about Oregon is that I can vote at home WHILE smoking weed, before Halloween, and then spend election day looking at news coverage of people standing in line for it like it's the 1850s

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
👍

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1764007860898234731

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I still reckon Biden is gonna win but he is doing his best to prove me wrong

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

on average this loser is a complete dumbshit

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I like how he posts like an early 2010s internet atheist pointing out logical fallacies and yet his whole argument rests on the ecological fallacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/_maxgranger/status/1763956609573941661

:thunk: