Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Viral marketing for season 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

This is just an early issue of Sandman, isn't it?

Yeah that's clearly me, lol.

e: I mean Morpheus.

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

The Unknown is inside each and every one of us.

nae ladd, yeh have teh pay extra for tha’, dearie

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

beautiful

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Oompa Loompa doopedi doo,
Come to Glasgow we’ll set about you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Looking forward to this whole situation being run into the ground on the upcoming episode of Saturday Night Live

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I dunno, I already have all those ranks in the McDuff Guard that give me the Anti-Unknown Spear. Should I really give it up for the Jellybean Ring and the Soothing Lemonade miracle?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I hate being invaded by Dark Chocolate Wraiths when I'm just trying to run back to the Unknown

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

William Bear posted:

I dunno, I already have all those ranks in the McDuff Guard that give me the Anti-Unknown Spear. Should I really give it up for the Jellybean Ring and the Soothing Lemonade miracle?

Jellybean Ring is +5 endurance nothing to sneeze at duder

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Looking forward to this whole situation being run into the ground on the upcoming episode of Saturday Night Live

If they brought in all the poor actors involved in the shitshow and let them make fun of it, that would own so much.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
If you can’t handle me at my worst you don’t deserve me at my The Unknown.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Disco Pope posted:

This is just an early issue of Sandman, isn't it?

Way more maudlin than Sandman could ever be

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
The Unknown is just Buckethead without a guitar or a bucket Slenderman II

Samovar posted:

Well, now I feel a bit more for the fella.
I was wondering where they were hiding the actual IP-infringing promo stuff bc their website on its own is absolute garbage that wouldn't draw flies. Whoever authorized that ad is gonna have a bad time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Roblo posted:

I pointed that out as a lot of people have been attacking her online for being "ugly", when it was clearly just a bad photo of someone having a lovely time.

Not that someone's looks matter either way, but she's clearly been bothered by lots of lovely comments. Can't be nice being the internet main character.
It really is remarkable how bad of a picture of her that is. She looks completely different and I'm surprised people were able to recognize her.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Charged just a bit too much, old travelling circus carny shows had exhibits you pay for go in and it’s a scam but as you’re leaving they go, hey, tell your friend how good it is we will get him too

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's not a picture of her, it's a picture of Capitalism

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

The Unknown is the baddest villian of 2024 and as far as I can tell they've been sharted out by AI straight into the public domain, people are having a ball with it.

sources

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some days the internet really owns.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol amazing. When life you gives you lemons, you make a quarter cup of storebrand lemonade

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The theoretical time between AI generated character and AI generated rule 34 is effectively zero. Technology is catching up.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Too true

I ain't reading that but I love that it exists

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If everything shat out by AI became public domain couldn't you just make it poo poo out copyrighted stuff and rid ourselves of that nonsense?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You joke, but copyright and probably even process patents are about to absolutely crumble, things are going to get weird

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

loving :lmao:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I fuckin’ love The Unknown :3:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Is The Unknown the first intellectual property created by AI, certainly the most well known?

VV: I guess we'll find out when someone tries to cash in with a bad movie and the lawsuits start

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 2, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No because it's not anyone's property.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the person who played the Unknown should claim ownership of the IP

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This reminds me when I asked an AI to plot out the goon movie idea where 4 Al-Qaeda militants travel back in time to the Revolutionary War and help America fight the British. It inserted the character of a CIA agent who wants the British to win for some reason.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
British win = no USA = no work tomorrow. It's already a very relatable character.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Khanstant posted:

If everything shat out by AI became public domain couldn't you just make it poo poo out copyrighted stuff and rid ourselves of that nonsense?
AI generated works can infringe on copyright and be copyrighted but this kind of low effort slop doesn't have a leg to stand on. Maybe the costume designer can make a claim of IP for The Unknown's appearance but the character as described was created by a plagiarism machine without human intervention. The fact that it's awesome is irrelevant.

I asked GPT to pretend to be an IP lawyer and they agreed with me

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
drat, this is how we go forward.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Sausages posted:

AI generated works can infringe on copyright and be copyrighted but this kind of low effort slop doesn't have a leg to stand on. Maybe the costume designer can make a claim of IP for The Unknown's appearance but the character as described was created by a plagiarism machine without human intervention. The fact that it's awesome is irrelevant.

I asked GPT to pretend to be an IP lawyer and they agreed with me

Who is to say it's not just a costume from Poundland? Or the actor's original design?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

The Sausages posted:

Too true

I ain't reading that but I love that it exists

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Willy McDuff feedin kids old man boogers lmao

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Nightclub I work in in Glasgow getting in on it with jellybean cocktails tonight

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Sausages posted:

The Unknown is the baddest villian of 2024 and as far as I can tell they've been sharted out by AI straight into the public domain, people are having a ball with it.

sources

There need to be a Johnny Five Aces/Unknown crossover.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Shannow posted:

Nightclub I work in in Glasgow getting in on it with jellybean cocktails tonight

This is gonna be on Spirit Halloween pegs in 8 months.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the oompa loompa costumes were already "sexy oompa loompa" spirit costumes lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

All of these tags sound like bitching band names. I'd give Crack Treated Seriously a listen immediately.