Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

ShadowMar posted:

valve just obliterated like (no exaggeration) 800 games off the platform, all of them connected to the scammers who put up the fake helldivers 2/palworld/tarkov/etc store pages

Now where am I gonna find Wet Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ShadowMar posted:

valve just obliterated like (no exaggeration) 800 games off the platform, all of them connected to the scammers who put up the fake helldivers 2/palworld/tarkov/etc store pages

You end up missing 100% of the shots you don't take, you know?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wizard2 posted:

You end up missing 100% of the shots you don't take, you know?

Redemption?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Some poor flat-team structure dude who drew the short straw later today:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

from what i've heard, the scam wasn't intended to trick random people into buying fake games

the actual scam was switching their games to something like Helldivers 2 or Palworld, generating a poo poo ton of CD keys for free and selling them to gray market key reselling sites like g2a

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Squiggle posted:

Now where am I gonna find Wet Girls

Hot local singles in your area want to know!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ShadowMar posted:

from what i've heard, the scam wasn't intended to trick random people into buying fake games

the actual scam was switching their games to something like Helldivers 2 or Palworld, generating a poo poo ton of CD keys for free and selling them to gray market key reselling sites like g2a

Just to make sure I understand this right, the free CD Keys would be for their fake games, with the hope that they could sell these to the resellers while the changed names were still active on Steam and a presumed lack of due diligence would see the resellers buy them without checking the details first?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

Just to make sure I understand this right, the free CD Keys would be for their fake games, with the hope that they could sell these to the resellers while the changed names were still active on Steam and a presumed lack of due diligence would see the resellers buy them without checking the details first?

yes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now I'm no law-guy-who-says-the-things-in-court guy, but I'm pretty sure that's like, fraud, right?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It feels akin to those cheap animated movies that would come out to fool your grandma into buying it for you because she knows you like Beauty and the Beast.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Now I'm no law-guy-who-says-the-things-in-court guy, but I'm pretty sure that's like, fraud, right?

legally speaking, its true hustle grindset

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

HopperUK posted:

It feels akin to those cheap animated movies that would come out to fool your grandma into buying it for you because she knows you like Beauty and the Beast.

i think its more like trying to sell a bunch of [current call of duty] game DVDs to gamestop except the DVDs all just have a copy of the gollum game on them

mystes
May 31, 2006

They should have given them names like Balder's Gate 3 and Bruhtato

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone using those grey market key resellers deserves getting scammed, and if they get a bag from the resellers themselves in advance, then good hustle, I guess. Short term gain in exchange for making their existing business name radioactive.

It's not like it's a confusing issue anymore as to who is and is not legitimate.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

i think its more like trying to sell a bunch of [current call of duty] game DVDs to gamestop except the DVDs all just have a copy of the gollum game on them

Goll of Duty

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

mystes posted:

They should have given them names like Balder's Gate 3 and Bruhtato

Heckdivers 2

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've keeping an eye on KeeperRL and it released 1.0 yesterday and is on sale for a discount. Any opinions on it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wizard2 posted:

legally speaking, its true hustle grindset

Your honor, my client was simply following his constitutional right as intended by the Founding Fathers to "get that paper"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ShadowMar posted:

:rip: sex halloween

Jerusalem posted:

those greymarket key resellers have their whole businesses in fraud anyway

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jerusalem posted:

Some poor flat-team structure dude who drew the short straw later today:

lol

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i got resident evil 7, its spooky and so far seems to be mainly a (poor) stealth game? this is not what i was expecting after RE4+ and from the gameplay i saw of RE village, which was a shooting gallery of enemies in a town square very similar to the re4 scene. ive only played about 100 minutes so far but does it turn into something different than what ive seen so far?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ShadowMar posted:

FURRY HOLES!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

ShadowMar posted:

Oh no, now I’ll never get to play SEX FEETS :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
this is why media preservation is important folx

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

FutureCop posted:

Cross-posting from Fresh Releases thread:

Would love to hear people's opinions on these!

Spiritfall looks kinda fun, but I don't see shield and grab. If you don't have those and your hit animations suck, what part were you inspired by? Rivals of Aether, I got a copy of that because they claimed the same thing, they were inspired by platform fighters. More like Wastes of Aefort.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

release date!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFOi0XpK_E

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/games-done-quick-frost-fatales-2024

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ShadowMar posted:

Good start but they can do better.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Rebel Blob posted:

Do you love Porco Rosso? Of course you do. So you might be interested in the newly released The Brew Barons.

Part flight sim, part brewing simulator.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257001452/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1708038712

Heads up that this game uses obnoxiously bad AI voice acting at least throughout the tutorial (I don't know if it continues past that). Set the voices slider to 0 before you start playing, or maybe just don't buy it until/unless they patch it out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Extortionist posted:

Heads up that this game uses obnoxiously bad AI voice acting at least throughout the tutorial (I don't know if it continues past that). Set the voices slider to 0 before you start playing, or maybe just don't buy it until/unless they patch it out.

Steam has a policy requiring you to disclose AI usage, AFAIK, and it looks like they've broken it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really want to be interested in brew barons, but I know all that cool poo poo in the trailer is probably hours and hours past a bunch of boring stuff.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/gay_reactions/status/1579224382752161792?lang=en

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Women be horny, no shame in that

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Women were a mistake.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just kidding of course. Get that smut.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Astrologaster is on sale for $4

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

Women be horny, no shame in that

Unless it's a titillating shame, in which case how could you, but keep going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ShadowMar posted:

Disappointed that we will no longer get to play Furry Holes or SEX FEETS but I understand why it had to be done

e: at least Alpha Hole Prison is still up and I can get it for just €17.99

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 2, 2024