Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

karmicknight posted:

If Only the WCW Frog could have hopped to greener pastures.

If only Frog could have helped WCW leap to the top of the ratings :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Jerusalem suggested making a new thread years ago (long ago enough that he was still mod) and then it was agreed we'd keep this open until it surpassed WCW itself for longevity so maybe it is time.

If you say it is time, I trust you to make it happen. We must wave Frog's banner high.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if this thread gets closed i'm gonna have the Leningrad Cowboys version of Those Were The Days playing in my head all day

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

if this thread gets closed i'm gonna have the Leningrad Cowboys version of Those Were The Days playing in my head all day

https://dai.ly/k6Qme8wga1HjgIA7dmI

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Five-star frog match, the Whole Froggin’ Show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WHEN THE SPACE SHUTTLE BLEW UP, AND BODIES WERE FLYING EVERYWHERE, DAN RATHER STOOD HIS GROUND AND REPORTED IT TO THE WORLD

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cant just close the thread in the middle of hoots wcw rewatch, thats very rude

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this thread lasted longer than wcw and it should continue going until wwe folds

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hulk Hogan is the scorpion and, well… Frog is the frog. If only Frog could have kept WCW afloat.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Lid posted:

Surely Stab can get in contact with Joey Janela and just has to say "have you heard of Toad?"

Lmao i'm on a show with Joey Janela tonight actually

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

If you say it is time, I trust you to make it happen. We must wave Frog's banner high.

just change the name of the thread, no need to make a new one.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hulk Hogan is the scorpion and, well… Frog is the frog. If only Frog could have kept WCW afloat.

IT'S MY NATURE BROTHER, OR MAYBE NOT.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
well I've got the rundown sheet right here brother, and it says I'm gonna stab the frog in the back dude

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is it, the elegant solution.

(Also, I agree there doesn't need to be a new thread, I was just going by what MRT said :colbert: )

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

stab posted:

Lmao i'm on a show with Joey Janela tonight actually

God, you know what you have to do. You hold so much power right now.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Ganso Bomb posted:

God, you know what you have to do. You hold so much power right now.

Explain to me why Joey Janela would know this poo poo and I'll ask him if it makes any sense

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the hulkster and the tortoise

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

But Hulk Hogan told me he was going to dog paddle Donald Trump and his family and all the Hulkamaniacs to safety on the largest back in the world, brother? If that’s not frog behaviour I don’t know what is.

Who’s Frog?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

stab posted:

I'll ask him if it makes any sense

and this has ever mattered in wrestling?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

stab posted:

Explain to me why Joey Janela would know this poo poo and I'll ask him if it makes any sense

I don’t know, TBH it feels like Joey Janela’s Spring Break could just have Jung Dragons vs PG13 & Frog and it would make complete sense to everybody. Seems like the time is now for someone to revive the early 2000s WCW Cruiserweight tag scene and I can’t think of a better person than Joey Janela.

Can’t be weirder than booking Maven and that Guy Steele character for the clusterfuck.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 2, 2024

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Somehow Dwayne Johnson was informed about Frog before the public was.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Came to see what the thread title change was about.

I am now Frog-pilled.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Froggy went a wrestlin’, on WCW Worldwide, uh huh
Froggy went a wrestlin’, on WCW Worldwide, uh huh
Froggy went a wrestlin’, on WCW Worldwide
With Wolfie D and JC Ice by his side, uh huh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnoM25D-js

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Paying2Lurk posted:

Came to see what the thread title change was about.

I am now Frog-pilled.

FROG! For the people! FROG! Against the people!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
frog should have a wwe talk show called "the lily pad" wwe can fire Grayson waller or whatever to make time

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Can I just say how perfect it is that Frog was discovered end of February this very year?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Grendels Dad posted:

Can I just say how perfect it is that Frog was discovered end of February this very year?

I believe u mean Froguary

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Small domino: SC64 wanting to know esoteric wcw title changes

Large domino: Frog is on Joey Janela's Springbreak 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I was reading and listening to a couple of things and some of it was claiming the Norman character was very over and the only reason the wrestler left wcw was Ole took over and fired him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

I was reading and listening to a couple of things and some of it was claiming the Norman character was very over and the only reason the wrestler left wcw was Ole took over and fired him.

Yeah. Ole was a big 'the sign on the marquee says wrestling' guy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Ole was a big 'the sign on the marquee says wrestling' guy.

He is also the only reason the undertaker and cactus jack left and they were both very over when they did too. It is funny how bad he is at booking apprently.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

e: wrong thrd

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

He is also the only reason the undertaker and cactus jack left and they were both very over when they did too. It is funny how bad he is at booking apprently.

I was going to say he wasn't bad at booking but if you haven't learned the times have changed and adapted with them then you are, in fact, bad at booking so yeah.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Thank God Ole didn't get anywhere near Frog. Could've ruined all his momentum.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Mike Shaw was given some terrible gimmicks, but he had a go at trying to make them work and I kind of respect that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Mike Shaw was given some terrible gimmicks, but he had a go at trying to make them work and I kind of respect that.

From what I understand he was very over in Stampede but it was a typical case of "oh, we don't want you to do the thing that makes people like you" when he got down south.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
something wholesome in relation to Sting's retirement match that's also thread relevant;

https://twitter.com/patbaer/status/1765070520977113412

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
destiny 2? ...shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

frog’s signature taunt of launching himself directly onto his taint apropos of nothing presages darby allen