Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It was called the "Capetian Miracle" not the "Capetian Mundane Thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-146-it-started-with-a-cough.1625227/

They mentioned court musicians and poets getting certain tasks in the last diary, this shows physicians are getting them too, I like this a lot hopefully all the court positions will eventually which will make them feel more important and involved.

Plagues look great. They say by default most are more deadly to the elderly which should hopefully work to fix the characters all seem to live forever issue.

Black Death is like a special late game mega plague. Nice.

Plagues come with all sorts of settings as expected.

Funerals are a new activity!

11 new achievements, none of which look terribly difficult

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I've gotta say I'm like 99% sure that Pharoah Islands achievement is a reference to how no matter how hard you try, ye're nae Edward Canmore.

Edit: Or it's a Pharoah/Faroe Islands pun.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 27, 2024

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
looks like they kinda stole the disease mechanic from rimworld. turnabout bein fair play, given they stole the ideoligion mechanic from ck3

also that reaper man quote is from terry pratchett's reaper man, published 1991 :colbert:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Do historical divergent cultures, like Swedish and Danish out of Norse, still appear even without the DLC (I don't remember which one it is specifically)?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

bob dobbs is dead posted:

also that reaper man quote is from terry pratchett's reaper man, published 1991 :colbert:

I smiled very hard when I saw the quote.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Doublepost: Is there a way for characters to get the Shrewd trait organically?

It's tricky to tame.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/how-do-you-get-the-shrewd-and-strong-traits.1463715/

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
If anyone would be interested in joining an ongoing vanilla ck3 mp game that's entering it's 3rd week, come on down to the Mapgoons discord; the initial premise of this game was that we'd all start off within the Persian Intermezzo area as cultures/religions that were involved. But the struggle has just now ended with a player Persian Empire's restoration, and thus the restriction is being lifted and we're expecting to receive an influx of players in the surrounding world. So the goal of this message is to increase that as we're allowing players to be placed throughout the map as they see fit with some restrictions.

But yeah we're probably gonna continue having regular CK3 games especially in the lead up to the new DLC's which we're extremely hyped about so even if you're not even interested in mp we've got a sp channel and other spots dedicated to just talking about the game and sharing our adventures as well as just general discussion. We regularly host modded and unmodded games including total conversions like the Game of Thrones mod so yeah, good place to hang if you're into CK3.

As for the current mp game, important details being it's a weekly game held every Saturday at 3pm est and runs until 6pm est (3 hr sessions.)

Look for more info in the #ck3-saturday channel within the discord for rules and other things and feel free to ping Oli for any other questions as he's the game's ongoing GM or just post in the channel and one of us will respond.

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024
nothing feels better than secretly murdering genghis khan, universal ruler my rear end. :mmmsmug:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OoohU posted:

If anyone would be interested in joining an ongoing vanilla ck3 mp game that's entering it's 3rd week, come on down to the Mapgoons discord; the initial premise of this game was that we'd all start off within the Persian Intermezzo area as cultures/religions that were involved. But the struggle has just now ended with a player Persian Empire's restoration, and thus the restriction is being lifted and we're expecting to receive an influx of players in the surrounding world. So the goal of this message is to increase that as we're allowing players to be placed throughout the map as they see fit with some restrictions.

But yeah we're probably gonna continue having regular CK3 games especially in the lead up to the new DLC's which we're extremely hyped about so even if you're not even interested in mp we've got a sp channel and other spots dedicated to just talking about the game and sharing our adventures as well as just general discussion. We regularly host modded and unmodded games including total conversions like the Game of Thrones mod so yeah, good place to hang if you're into CK3.

As for the current mp game, important details being it's a weekly game held every Saturday at 3pm est and runs until 6pm est (3 hr sessions.)

Look for more info in the #ck3-saturday channel within the discord for rules and other things and feel free to ping Oli for any other questions as he's the game's ongoing GM or just post in the channel and one of us will respond.

https://imgur.com/a/Adi2qUM

To add to this, here's an imgur album with character/dynasty portraits from last session.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

geworfenheit posted:

nothing feels better than secretly murdering genghis khan, universal ruler my rear end. :mmmsmug:

They almost seem too easy to murder. Nearly every game as soon as they come within my diplomatic range I start up a murder scheme and there is like an army of people lining up to help me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Bird in a Blender posted:

They almost seem too easy to murder. Nearly every game as soon as they come within my diplomatic range I start up a murder scheme and there is like an army of people lining up to help me.

I thought he got a huge hostile scheme resistance bonus for that reason but maybe it isn't big enough to counter making enemies of literally everyone?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

OoohU posted:

As the token Afghani Buddhist Duke of the Persian Empire, I can attest to how fun this game has been. There's drama, there's action, there's politics, and there's comedy. There's a caliphate split in two lands like a hamburger bun, with a meaty Persian patty in the middle. Elsewhere in the world, vikings are sacking Constantinople, Italy got very long, and the Isle of Man owns a chunk of Scotland. We live in a weird world, so come join us in it!

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Are there any total conversions that are popping off? Especially ones where you can play smaller characters and not be bored? Counts, few county dukes?

Tried the GoT mod but it seems to really want you to play a major player, which I've just never found interesting to start as a king. Also seems a little jank.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Godherja maybe

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty partial to After The End. It's still in beta but it's far enough on it doesn't feel too jank, and it's got some pretty cool smaller starts

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

VideoWitch posted:

I'm pretty partial to After The End. It's still in beta but it's far enough on it doesn't feel too jank, and it's got some pretty cool smaller starts

Can attest to this. It's not on Steam yet but you can get it on their Discord. Of non-highlighted starts, I've discovered that their nomad government captures the best parts of CKII nomads without inheriting the old jank.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/preview-legends-of-the-dead-1-12-1-scythe-changelog.1625748/

Preview of the patch notes. Some great stuff in there. Of course the one thing I want to know is whether Kushites get Funeral Rites as a tenet.

This might be one of the best updates in awhile for making the game more interesting no matter what you're playing as or where.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey, they got a dealio for the posix os crashes

legends for money, plagues for free. lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and it looks like peeps aren't having results from trying the putative fix for posix crashes on the bug forum, lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

George Sex - REAL posted:

Are there any total conversions that are popping off? Especially ones where you can play smaller characters and not be bored? Counts, few county dukes?

Tried the GoT mod but it seems to really want you to play a major player, which I've just never found interesting to start as a king. Also seems a little jank.

the lord of the rings mod just had it's dorfs come out. TES is already really immersive and good.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

elder kings is pretty dope

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Looks like YouTubers got the expansion early and are posting videos

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

quote:

Added balding hairstyles and a system for male pattern baldness. Characters have a baldness value in their DNA which affects the age at which (male) characters start losing their hair.

Finally

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Something, something, hair to the throne..

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Looks like YouTubers got the expansion early and are posting videos

How is it?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

How is it?

I saw one player play with early Black Death with apocalyptic settings and when it spread over Europe/Africa it had a death toll of thousands of characters (about 7000 to be precise).

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Magil Zeal posted:

I saw one player play with early Black Death with apocalyptic settings and when it spread over Europe/Africa it had a death toll of thousands of characters (about 7000 to be precise).

ram savings!

Yet Another Paradox Game Where You Do Genocide To Save Compute Resources

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
(that's vicky2, stellaris, vicky3 and now ck3, by my count. not hoi for Reasons)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

On legends it looks like another goal you can shoot for in minute-to-minute gameplay, which can be appreciated, though spreading seems mostly hands-off + event-driven (also a gold sink). Legitimacy seems like it can really put the breaks on your progression if you don't keep on top of it, but I admit I am somewhat skeptical in that legitimizing legends are a DLC feature that gives you an extra tool to handle a concern that's a base game feature. Maybe I'm concerned over nothing though and you have plenty of good ways to address legitimacy if you're willing to do the work.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I put "ck3 legends of the dead" into youtube and these came up

OneProudBavarian Showing the Legends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2aN9bd315Y

Laith showing the black death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clxflU9uah0

I didn't see any other early look streamer things.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SlothBear posted:

OneProudBavarian

I'm sure he makes good content, but that name just makes me instantly think of the beer hall putsch

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is quite awkward, yes.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

L.U.I.G.I posted:

How is it?

I can't really say for sure. Seems... good? I worry about feature bloat. We're a long way from Stellaris, but...

I don't know. This chapter conceptually seems like the strongest CK3 has been. I'm optimistic.

EDIT:

SlothBear posted:

OneProudBavarian

I come from a country where any overt display of nationalism means that you're a racist.

DOUBLE EDIT:

I think one of the best new features in this expansion is for any province to be able to carry a special building. In the past I always limited myself to areas with interesting holdings, because they really do add a lot of flavour to a playthrough. This should open things up in a way I'm pretty excited about

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 3, 2024

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Bavaria isnt even a country anymore... It's like being suspicious of TheKidFromBrooklyn

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Buschmaki posted:

Bavaria isnt even a country anymore... It's like being suspicious of TheKidFromBrooklyn

Nationalism, famously, doesn't just relate to countries that presently exist

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

he seems like a normal human being from what I've seen. I know being a European patriot (and a Pdox fan) is historically sus as hell but maybe he just likes being Bavarian in a non chauvinist way. They have good pies

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I found the name kinda sketch when I first saw it but having watched a decent amount of his stuff he's at the least not outwardly really lovely. He's just kinda a dork who's enthusiastic about the region he comes from. Like he bought a suit with the pattern of the Bavarian flag to wear in videos as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
OPB is good people you dopes.