Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Plat VA-11 HALL-A! Took ~10 hours. For the most part, a chill little game where you serve people drinks and just chat with them.

There are a bunch of missable trophies, but doing a second cleanup run only takes an hour or two, so it's not a big deal. There is a difficult one, though, and it's also why the game is only mostly chill - there's a hidden side-scrolling shooter that you have to beat. It takes < 5 minutes to actually do, but unless you're used to bullet hell it's going to take you a lot longer to actually pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Platinum #636: Theatrhythm Final Bar Line

This took a while because I'd play only a little bit every night, and sometimes took off a week (like when I focused on Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth)

Final time ended up being 48:40, not bad I think I tackled that rather efficiently.

Gonna work on a small pile of short games (including psp classics) before the big final fantasy 7 rebirth!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

And that's the ff7r plat completed. Overall not as difficult as I was worried about, the no items and no restoration of mp from benches was not even close to as bad as I expected. Hardest boss was probably Hell House, though that's partially because I didn't get the uber accessory or grind out all the stat materia until after I did that fight.

Also, in the time it took me to write this post, I just plat the game again :v:

Now to probably try to 100% intermission over the next 7 days.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Crossposting from the just finished thread as the post fits both threads:

Just finished and 100%ed Poems and Codes, a sequel to Prose and Codes, a pair of fantastic games in support of a great cause. Both games use an excellent, frictionless interface to present material from public domain literature (prose in the first game and poetry in the second), encoded in letter substitution cipher form, for the player to solve. After you solve a cipher and reveal the source, you can get a short bio of the author and a direct link to the text in Project Gutenberg, again, opening seamlessly in the background. With hundreds of ciphers from hundreds of texts, these are a fantastic way to expose yourself to a wide range of reading you would not have encountered otherwise, all in a very chill format.

10% of sales are given to Project Gutenberg, and the first game has received occasional updates with additional ciphers (the second just came out a bit ago). Both games have a number of difficulty settings and a range of accessibility options.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum #354, seventh game completed in 2024 - Resistance: Retribution. And boy oh boy is it a stinker!

I didn't know anything about the game going into it. I played the original Resistance game in the early days of the PS3 but didn't keep up with the series. Since this was a PSP game I figured it would be a quick jaunt through a bland game. I was wrong! What started out as a little nostalgia trip quickly became a miserable slog. I'm trying to remember the last game I finished out of pure spite. Maybe Criminal Girls, but at least that game had a decent battle system.

I am too tired to properly put into words just what makes playing this game so annoying. Just know that it's bad. Bad controls, boring and repetitive gameplay, and terrible writing from the lovely, gritty dark days of the late-aughts. No, I don't think your angry protagonist is cool because he says "gently caress" a lot and calls women "broads."

The game also crashed on me 10 times, at least. I quickly got in the habit of making rolling quicksaves while going through levels. So, be forewarned if you do decide to play this. But, really, just don't. It took me 7.5 hours to get the plat over the last couple of days. I wish I would have spent that time doing / playing something more fun. A light workload and no NBA is my excuse.

Not sure what's next. There's a week until Return to Drangleic for Dark Souls II. That's my next big game to tackle so I'll probably try to knock out a couple more quick games before then. Much better quick games, hopefully.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the platinum in Enclave HD. I wrote longer about it in the I beat a game thread, but, in short: it's a 2002 xbox game. The trophy list isn't too bad. You need to beat both the good and evil campaigns on hard, but I believe that was the original difficulty anyway. And you need to find all the coins hidden in levels. Most are easy enough but there's a gamefaqs guide written when the game came out that makes it easy to find the well-hidden ones. Cool game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Finally knocked out the Platinum for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth :toot: Have the DLC and used it to make the grinding to level 70 trophy not take a billion hours longer than it should. Didn't finish the DLC dungeon though, so I should go back to do that at some point. But since I've been working on this for the past month straight, I think I'll do something small and quicker before something else though.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Stayed up way too late and knocked out two games that have been in my backlog forever.

Proteus (Game #8 of 2024, no plat) - You remember Proteus, right? Early Vita / PS3 game that was part of PS Plus. It's a small, weird little indie game where you just walk around a randomly generated, 4-bit style island. There are vague goals like finding the glowing circle to advance to the next season, but really you're just walking around, looking at stuff. Very "chill and vibes" as the kids definitely say these days.

What is not chill are a couple of the trophies. Most are easy enough, but there a couple that can catch you out. Touching all the stone formations can be tricky, but the real gotcha trophy is the one for seeing all the plants in all four seasons in one run. It was the only one I had left for, oh, 9-and-a-half years. Felt impossible to get on Vita, but yesterday I fired it up on PS3 because it lets you increase your FOV. Nailed it on the first run. Felt good. And it's also the first of the 10 "almost done" games I want to finish this year so I got a little extra dopamine kick for making a little progress on that goal as well.

Comix Zone (Game #9 of 2024, no plat) - This is the PS3 version with save scumming built in. And it's a good thing! Otherwise I never would have finally made it through the whole thing. According to my trophy log on PSNP, this is the second game I ever got trophies in on PS3 (the first is Arkham Asylum). Nabbed those few just a scant 12 years ago and then gave up in frustration. Don't know what got in to me yesterday, but I got it in my head to finally go back and finish it.

I beat Battle Toads and Fester's Quest and all the other hard games on NES back in the day (mostly thanks to having a Nintendo Power subscription), but if you beat Comix Zone on the original Genesis / MD, I bow to your superior gamerly skills. Without being able to save and retry almost every encounter, to keep just that little bit more of health, I never would have beaten the game. It's bullshit in all the old school bullshit ways. Just clearing obstacles in your path eats in to your health, that's how bullshit it is. Even if you know what bullshit is coming, you can still get wrecked by it because of the weird controls, wacky enemy behavior, and inconsistent damage. It's actually a very short game, just 3 levels of two "pages" total, but they throw so much bullshit at you in that short amount of time that it feels much longer.

It came out in 1995 and feels like the most 1995 game ever. Man, 1995 kinda sucked, huh?

Not sure what's next. I have a little extra money leftover this month so there's a very real chance I cave and pick up a PS5 when I go shopping this weekend. If I do, expect the Pro announcement to happen immediately after. I wouldn't be able to spring for Helldivers 2 or FF7 Rebirth right away, but being able to play my PS4 games without a jet engine blasting in my ear will tide me over for now. We'll see...

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Update: Bought a PS5. Had a $50 Target gift card from I don't even know what so that was enough to push me into getting it. Gotta let the ol' wallet heal for a couple of months, but now I have a fun weekend project: Seeing what free and easy platinums I can get.

I know Snowrunner and Diablo IV should autopop. Gotta look into more.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Paying2Lurk posted:

the real gotcha trophy is the one for seeing all the plants in all four seasons in one run. It was the only one I had left for, oh, 9-and-a-half years. Felt impossible to get on Vita, but yesterday I fired it up on PS3 because it lets you increase your FOV. Nailed it on the first run. Felt good. And it's also the first of the 10 "almost done" games I want to finish this year so I got a little extra dopamine kick for making a little progress on that goal as well.

Oh man, I have that one left as well. I tried three or four times to get it and then just gave up because it really isn't the type of game with much replay value.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Oh man, I have that one left as well. I tried three or four times to get it and then just gave up because it really isn't the type of game with much replay value.

Yep. The phrase "feels like a tech demo" get used a lot, but Proteus really does feel like a tech demo. If I didn't get the trophy on my first try I might have gone another 9 years before trying again.

Anyways, it's time for some Adventures in Autopopping! (I still think "popping" trophies sounds gross):

Diablo IV - Supposed to instantly unlock all trophies, but it's bugged so only unlocked 46%. I'd be happy to play the game and get the others, but apparently if it bugs out like this no progress can be made towards anything. Fun! There's a convoluted way to get things going by disconnecting your PSN and Battle net accounts but forget all that. I'll just wait. Looks nice on PS5 though.

Like a Dragon Gaiden - Loaded up the PS4 save and instantly got everything. Luv ya RGG.

Snowrunner - Imported my PS4 save and all but one trophy instantly unlocked. The one for completing all tasks and contests. This trophy was previously bugged in the player's favor when the first DLC came out. You could complete easier tasks in the new areas rather than some of the tougher ones in the Taymyr region. Well, they eventually fixed that after I got the plat. So now if I want the PS5 one I'll have to go back and do those harder tasks this time. Which is fine! I took care of a couple tonight and I'm ready to get sucked back in to Snowrunner land. Guess I found my game to play until Return to Drangleic starts.

I thought I might be able to get the Marvel's Avengers autopop, but no dice. Throw it in the "unobtainable" pile with Babylon's Fall.

That's all for tonight, the adventures will continue this weekend!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

#112 - Franzen
Bog standard short RPGMaker game. Best thing about it is an actually bonkers fantasy world. Do play, it's short and and there's nothing particularly wrong with it. Doesn't have achievements, so I'm technically counting this as platted after beating it.

#113 Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Phew, not as bad as I thought it would be. Helps that you only have to completely beat a few of the minigames, but it's still a big grind. Final True Millenium Tower was a challenge even after grinding.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Paying2Lurk posted:

Diablo IV - Supposed to instantly unlock all trophies, but it's bugged so only unlocked 46%. I'd be happy to play the game and get the others, but apparently if it bugs out like this no progress can be made towards anything. Fun! There's a convoluted way to get things going by disconnecting your PSN and Battle net accounts but forget all that. I'll just wait. Looks nice on PS5 though.

Wow, that's weird. Everything autopopped for me just fine.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

A couple from me:

Finished up Trine 2. I had originally started this nearly 10 years ago, transferred it to different consoles twice (Pro, PS5), and now finally got back to it. Didn't do a few of the more painful trophies (like all collectables and hard/hardcore mode) but still raised my completion rate in it a tonnnnn. Most of the trophies are either from completing levels or doing weird stuff you almost certainly will not do naturally during the game, but those are easy enough to clean up afterwards. The game has some interesting physics puzzles, though a lot of them can be cheesed with the right powers. I have a feeling I only did a fraction of them the way they were intended to be done.

Then platted The Suicide of Rachel Foster. Heavy game, though that can probably be inferred from the title. Play with headphones. It only took a few hours, and there are some missables but if you read about them beforehand they aren't too hard to just keep in mind as you play normally.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Wow, that's weird. Everything autopopped for me just fine.

From what I've read after the fact, it seems to really depend on when you did it. There was a patch where it worked fine, and then the ones after that messed it all up. I'm one of the seemingly few who still enjoy the game and, like I said, wouldn't mind playing it more to unlock the rest of the trophies. But alas, it just bugs out the whole thing.

Two more autopops:

Resident Evil 2 - Converted my PS4 save and got the plat instantly. Still only at 97% on both versions though. I'll complete that drat Hell of a Sheriff trophy sometime :argh:

Outriders - Just booted it up and got them all but one. Had to pick up a journal page to hit 300 and unlock that trophy. Got the plat, but no 100% since I never bought the DLC. The PS5 version is saying the Worldslayer stuff is unlocked though. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime.

And one more embarrassing plat, Legends of Talia: Arcadia. Horny anime-ish VN that lets you hold R1 and skip the entire thing in like 2 minutes. Little did I know when I bought the PS4 version for like 50 cents last year I'd get the PS5 version for free. So I held R1 for a couple minutes again.

That puts me at 358 platinums total. Still figuring out what auto / quick plats I have left.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Platinum #637: Resistance Retribution.

I'll be honest, this is the most painful of the ps1/psp classics I've done so far. Enemies just have too much health and the aiming sucks. It's a psp game and they've 'hacked' in dual analog controls but the aiming is done originally using a dpad and woof oh boy it's not comparable at all to full analog.

Hmm gonna see what else I can tackle off the backlog. About 5 days to final fantasy 7 rebirth!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I've been filling the pre-Rebirth time by going back and trying to pump up the single-digit trophy percentages in my play history. As a result I got Madden 22 from 2% to 82%, and finally platted Astro's Playroom. Probably don't have time to actually complete Dishonored 2, DMC5, or Elex though.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
A few more autopops from the weekend:
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • Stranger of Paradise FFO
  • Valkyrie Elysium

And one more legit plat with the PS5 version of Gleylancer. 11th finished game of 2024. It's a Ratalaika game so the trophies are very easy, but I think it's a solid shmup regardless. Worth a try, even if it's only for the easy trophies.

So that brings me to 362 platinums. Which is nice, but doesn't do much for my overall completion percentage which has been my focus these last few years. I also lost / deleted my FF7 Remake save at some point in all the transferring and updating. I was going to finish it off to distract me from Rebirth, but now it's looks like I'll be starting from scratch.

That makes my current game rotation:
  • Snowrunner - 5 more tasks and 6 more contests to complete.
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Helped Buster / Bearer get the PvP trophies and liked the game enough to keep playing.
  • FF7 Remake - Starting over, oh boy. But I'll get the PS4 plat, then move the save to PS5 and play the Intergrade stuff.
  • Dark Souls II SotfS - Return to Drangleic starts tomorrow!

I'm also trying to squeeze in some GTA Online and Division 2 since goons were nice enough to friend me for them, and I've been a jerk and haven't played with any of them yet.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum Trophy #363, 12th game of 2024 complete - Snowrunner (PS5 version)

Man I love Snowrunner. I'm glad I impulse bought it back when it first released, and also that I stuck with it after not really liking it at first. Hundreds of hours and two platinums later I still love it. My #1 game of 2020, and it will most likely show up high on my list for this year again. It hits that balance of video game-y and "just sim enough" for me. There is something very satisfying about getting stuck in a mud puddle and slowly working your way out...especially if you're carrying more cargo than you should be.

The PS5 version is a nice visual upgrade, and the controller haptics are cool, too. Anytime I damaged a tire or my suspension on a big rock, I could tell what side of the truck was affected. Crazy stuff. And now I have all the DLC to go through as well. I held off on them until I got a PS5 so now, it's time.

It is also time for Dark Souls II. And I started Astro's Playroom which is fun and should be easy enough to finish this week. I also downloaded Returnal, Rift Apart, and Miles Morales to play more actual PS5 games. But also to keep myself from buying any new games until I get a Dualsense Edge. Probably around May if I actually follow my budget like a responsible adult. But on the bright side, Expeditions and FF7R2 might be on sale by then.

Okay, two wordy posts in a row by me. I'm on posting cooldown from this thread for a bit.

ShakeZula posted:

I've been filling the pre-Rebirth time by going back and trying to pump up the single-digit trophy percentages in my play history. As a result I got Madden 22 from 2% to 82%, and finally platted Astro's Playroom. Probably don't have time to actually complete Dishonored 2, DMC5, or Elex though.

Heck yeah, I started doing this last year. Feels good to get those %s up. I'm trying to have no game under 10%, but I know I'll be stuck with one at 1% forever. Curse you Starblood Arena! :argh:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Paying2Lurk posted:

Heck yeah, I started doing this last year. Feels good to get those %s up. I'm trying to have no game under 10%, but I know I'll be stuck with one at 1% forever. Curse you Starblood Arena! :argh:

My eternal 1% is MultiVersus, since I earned a trophy playing the demo and now I'm pretty sure the game is dead. Also Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning, but that game just sucked so bad I turned it off like 20 minutes in.

The most frustrating one is that I platted Final Fantasy 15, but that only gets me to 47% completion because of all the DLCs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Another plat: the Warhammer 40k update patch for Powerwash Simulator also fixed the bug that broke the trophy for finishing the story caused by the patch in December :toot:

e: I don't know if we're still doing this but it was also a new entry on my Alphaplat listing, and FF7r overtook FF XV for rarity

Bugsnax - 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) - 3 (+1)
Horizon Zero Dawn - 2
Mass Effect - 2
Powerwash Simulator - 4 (+4)
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - 2
World of Final Fantasy - 3

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 28, 2024

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

IcePhoenix posted:

Powerwash Simulator - 4 (+4)

I'm pretty close to beating career mode and only have the challenge modes to get the plat for this, but I heard the challenges are really difficult (and I always just enjoyed keeping my washer on and taking my time doing everything.) Should I go for it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm pretty close to beating career mode and only have the challenge modes to get the plat for this, but I heard the challenges are really difficult (and I always just enjoyed keeping my washer on and taking my time doing everything.) Should I go for it?

You can actually look at my post history in this thread to see me go through the various stages of getting them lol. Starts near the end of page one.

The short version, though, is that it's not that bad and despite most online guides telling you to go for the time attacks, the water limit ones I found to be a ton easier. Once you get the hang of it by clearing your first couple you'll sort of figure out which strategies lead to the most success.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-rebirth-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Estimated trophy difficulty: 7.5/10
Approximate amount of time to platinum: 150-200 hours

Comments are some of the VR stuff is harder than anything from FF7 Remake

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Oh man, definitely not looking so I don't get spoiled on anything, but 150-200 hours! :drat:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Oh man, definitely not looking so I don't get spoiled on anything, but 150-200 hours! :drat:

Same. Also this might be incentive for me to hide my wallet when I actually do get disposable funds so I can knuckle down and actually make a valid attempt at platting this one. I kind of gave up on Remake after Ch 4 Hard because other games were grabbing my attention.

(He says knowing full well that Balatro is right there to tempt him, as well as more Brotato runs.)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah my plan is to at least just knock out the first playthrough and the 100% collectibles before Rise of the Ronin which releases three weeks later. I'll slowly chip away at the rest of it over time.

Maybe if I set it up right, I could immortalize Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth as my 700th platinum.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I still have a hard mode run and other poo poo to get the plat for Remake. Maybe I’ll dive back in to that and then get rebirth.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah that's my plan. Get the Remake plat, transfer save and do the Intergrade stuff, then get Rebirth. Maybe fit Crisis Core in there first since it's already hitting $30 now and should be cheaper by then.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

#114 Jack Move
While the gameplay is pretty standard and nothing to write home about, this short JRPG has an actual story, cool pixel art and I liked that the devs implemented some nice QOL stuff (like being able to turn off encounters when exploring).

Simple to plat, as all achievements are story achievements. Final boss was the only challenging part of the game.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Usually pre-release/at release completion times are inflated. More people figuring out more ways to do things will speed it up... but 150-200? drat. It's going to be hella long regardless.

I'll pick Rebirth up eventually. It just so happens that Expeditions: Mudrunner, a spinoff to one of my favorite games ever (Snowrunner), and Unicorn Overlord, a spiritual successor to one of my favorite games ever (Ogre Battle) come out within days of eachother. The Expeditions trophy list looks pretty good---it's pure completionist stuff instead of the 'smash pumpkins', 'drive with broken tires' crap from Snowrunner. Unicorn Overlord list isn't out but I read in the thread that Vanillaware says it's ~50 hours to beat and ~100 to 100%. Unsure if that means multiple playthroughs where you choose different outcomes or not.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ultrachrist posted:

Usually pre-release/at release completion times are inflated. More people figuring out more ways to do things will speed it up... but 150-200? drat. It's going to be hella long regardless.

I'll pick Rebirth up eventually. It just so happens that Expeditions: Mudrunner, a spinoff to one of my favorite games ever (Snowrunner), and Unicorn Overlord, a spiritual successor to one of my favorite games ever (Ogre Battle) come out within days of eachother. The Expeditions trophy list looks pretty good---it's pure completionist stuff instead of the 'smash pumpkins', 'drive with broken tires' crap from Snowrunner. Unicorn Overlord list isn't out but I read in the thread that Vanillaware says it's ~50 hours to beat and ~100 to 100%. Unsure if that means multiple playthroughs where you choose different outcomes or not.

What makes Expeditions a spinoff? I sorta know about the *runner series, so I'm curious what Expeditions does to be different from the series as a whole? One of those things I've considered playing but never really had time amongst these big releases lately.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Morpheus posted:

What makes Expeditions a spinoff? I sorta know about the *runner series, so I'm curious what Expeditions does to be different from the series as a whole? One of those things I've considered playing but never really had time amongst these big releases lately.

In Snowrunner, when you start a new area, the map is completely black unexplored territory. So you start by scouting the map with a lightweight vehicle (a scout) that can access areas a bigger truck couldn't easily. Then you spend most of your time hauling goods and equipment between various points with big trucks. You only break the scout out again when you need to explore the next area, maybe to refuel, or for a handful of missions that are easier with a scout.

Expeditions made scouting the entire game. You'll be exploring, rescuing, repairing, etc, not loading up a trailer with steel beams and figuring the best route to the broken down factory.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ultrachrist posted:

In Snowrunner, when you start a new area, the map is completely black unexplored territory. So you start by scouting the map with a lightweight vehicle (a scout) that can access areas a bigger truck couldn't easily. Then you spend most of your time hauling goods and equipment between various points with big trucks. You only break the scout out again when you need to explore the next area, maybe to refuel, or for a handful of missions that are easier with a scout.

Expeditions made scouting the entire game. You'll be exploring, rescuing, repairing, etc, not loading up a trailer with steel beams and figuring the best route to the broken down factory.

Looking up a video of this, it makes me think this'll be the game I go to for my "environmental traversal in a customizable vehicle" fix after I finish Pacific Drive.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah, Expeditions looks rad. I'm actually more tempted to pick that up than Rebirth. But I'm holding strong for that Dualsense Edge I stupidly want.

Anybody going after a Leap Day plat? I think it would be neat to get one. Going to see Dune 2 this afternoon, but after that I'll be playing Astro's Playroom since it's the quickest one I can get of my current games.

I also nabbed the free PS5 upgrade for DBFZ that just came out. Auto-unlocked 68% (missing two Arcade mode trophies from my PS4 save for some reason). The netcode was so bad on the PS4 version I gave up trying to play online, but the now the current gen versions have rollback so I'm going to try again. I just have to remember how to play.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

I've used powerpyx.com for ages they really nail it. They also have multiple people working at it (four people consulted on this guide) and they are able to get games earlier so this wasn't a prediction in their case.

Also, Ff7 Rebirth seems to follow a lot of things as ff7 remake does so they've already 'solved' hard mode and it's not like you can easily overlevel the game content it has a hard cap.

My time was really close to what they said for Infinite Wealth and they had that guide ready to go on release too.

Even if you streamline it some more and are really good at the game, it's still probably over 120 hours.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Oof that’s a lot of time. Probably won’t be visiting it any time soon.

Gonna buy Dark Forces Remaster tonight!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum #364, 13th game of 2024 complete - Astro's Playroom.

Almost forgot about this since it's pre-installed on the PS5. I wanted to get the plat on Leap Day, but fell asleep. Oh well. Managed to knock it out over the last few days. It's fun! And cute! I turned the trigger effects and controller rumble up to Strong to get the full experience...and then turned them off again when I was done. Well, I kept the rumble on low, but the trigger effects just kept making me think something was wrong with them. And they also made my fingers hurt much quicker than just normal trigger use. Old man doesn't like fancy newfangled thing! News at 11!

I'll be dogsitting all weekend so I won't be around my new toy for two whole days. The horror! But I'll have Balatro on Switch to keep me company.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Should have gotten a Playstation Portal too!

I did pop a platinum for leap day though.

Platinum 638: Dredge

I already fufilled the requirements for the platinum a while ago but was thinking of saving it for #650 but that's gonna be blasphemous 2.

So gonna go ahead and pop it for leap day!

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is gonna take me a long while. I also have Remnant 1 and Odin Sphere that I'm slowly working on and rotating between them as I feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the platinum in Powerwash Simulator. I finished nearly 4 full audiobooks while washing.

IcePhoenix posted:

You can actually look at my post history in this thread to see me go through the various stages of getting them lol. Starts near the end of page one.

The short version, though, is that it's not that bad and despite most online guides telling you to go for the time attacks, the water limit ones I found to be a ton easier. Once you get the hang of it by clearing your first couple you'll sort of figure out which strategies lead to the most success.

By contrast, I found the water limit ones excruciating slow. I did it on the timed versions of: van, bike, golf cart, and the two big maps.