Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alkydere posted:

Grenade Launcher/Autocannon does unkind things to Bile/Nursing spewers. Two direct hits (or three grazes) and they pop like water balloons, which is insane considering what bullet sponges they are otherwise.
I am pretty sure this is because their weakpoints(so the whole sac, minus armor on the armored version) fall into that "massive squishy bit" category of weakpoint that charger rear end/bile titan sacs are in, where they take 10% damage from bullets and 100% from explosive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

yall weren't kidding about the spear lockon issue, it repeatedly cancels its own lock when the only thing in view is completely unobstructed. it's borderline unusable and when it does actually lock it still manages to miss chargers in motion.

big lol at the laser cannon too, it's basically worse than a primary. definitely looking forward to that balance patch

The laser cannon looks like it should put in work but there's seriously no reason to bring it over an autocannon at this point. drat shame, I wanted to go full spartan laser for the glory of Super Earth

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I went back to diff 2 to do a flag raising mission because I never saw it while unlocking difficulties and took the time to test out the Scythe, and boy is that thing a pile of garbage. It's pretty good if you want to kill one devastator because consistent headshotting is easy, but on the other hand if you encounter more than one berserker or like, 3 basic raiders you immediately run into issues with dps and overheating. It also can't stagger so good luck stopping flares.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here’s my dumb questions

How do you use an emote. I’ve used emotes back to people but I can never activate them myself

Also how do you use the radial dials which point out enemies or drop items? Because when I hit the buttons on my PC I cannot use any of the commands. Just basically one. It’s like my mouse is stuck.

It’s very weird. I’m obviously doing something wrong

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
B uses your equipped emote.

You definitely should be able to move your mouse and select the radial buttons when you use the Q menu. Sounds like a bug

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You may also just be seeing people tag things which you can do by tapping Q, if you're looking at ammo, supplies, a dropped piece of equipment, a roaming patrol, or a singular big until when you tap Q they'll be tagged accordingly. Or you can press tab to open you map then hold right click to move a cursor around on the map and place markers on map icons, or really any location you want.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you want to be really cool when someone dies and you respawn them tag their stuff with Q. That way they can see it while dropping in and steer onto it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Ever wanted to see a Bot mission where the Bots decide to cosplay as the Bugs and spawn basically nothing but Berserkers, Melee Jetpackers, and Flame Hulks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpyiFVuBNf0

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

How and why in the gently caress is the first SMG better than the default assault rifle, shooting slower but more damaging rounds

Like that's not even an SMG at that point, that's another assault rifle! An SMG is a smaller, faster weapon!

Super Earth has some serious troll weapon designers.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Friend and I managed to destroy the Pelican somehow. It was on fire and we couldn't walk into it. If we dove into it we just got stuck and nothing happened

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

johnny park posted:

Friend and I managed to destroy the Pelican somehow. It was on fire and we couldn't walk into it. If we dove into it we just got stuck and nothing happened

You are definitely getting fired for this

You made managed democracy cry

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

johnny park posted:

I had somebody drop-pod right into the pelican last night. Killed 2 people seated inside and threw the pelican in a big ragdoll loop off the landing site.

It still extracted at least.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Quicksilver6 posted:

How and why in the gently caress is the first SMG better than the default assault rifle, shooting slower but more damaging rounds

Like that's not even an SMG at that point, that's another assault rifle! An SMG is a smaller, faster weapon!

Super Earth has some serious troll weapon designers.

"Sounds like you are just a call of duty casual too stupid to adjust the zoom level!"
*increases sway while moving in ADS by 700%*
"Peak realism."

More seriously, I adore the defender but it does have some close combat woes with that same low RoF that lets you crouch strafe an entire group of armored robos to death with skull shots in third person, struggles when surrounded by medium sized bugs and bots. Assault rifle (or Super citizen knight SMG) can panic vomit your magazine into something right in your face better.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Warbadger posted:

I had somebody drop-pod right into the pelican last night. Killed 2 people seated inside and threw the pelican in a big ragdoll loop off the landing site.

It still extracted at least.

yea going on top of the pelican seems like a bad idea. i did it one time and almost drowned before everyone else got in the shuttle.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a way to know if youre going to be encountering Spewers before you drop? Is it a planet by planet thing?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Running EAT as a second heavy is super useful because you just run over and pick it up when you get Bot Drop Detected and down the ships

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Kazinsal posted:

The laser cannon looks like it should put in work but there's seriously no reason to bring it over an autocannon at this point. drat shame, I wanted to go full spartan laser for the glory of Super Earth

It is superb at cutting off big brood commander legs when the mission is Big Bug Hell. Absolutely top class. Great to have around and pinpoint accurate at huge ranges.

Unfortunately you have an equal chance of getting a mission that’s spewers or spitters instead in which case it is dogshit.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I try to tell every pubbie I'm with that the mortar is a super effective way of clearing targets and will net you tons of kills and it occasionally hit bugs as well

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The laser cannon is great at bile spitter heads. They get maybe one spit off.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Has anyone encountered this glitch. After completing a mission when you are getting loaded back to the ship, it just gets stuck on a black screen. Do you just have to wait or is there a fix fo rthat?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah I’ve had a few post mission black screen or loading screen glitches. Luckily after reloading I had the mission rewards, including the next difficulty level, but I was hoping to stay with those pubbies.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ulio posted:

Has anyone encountered this glitch. After completing a mission when you are getting loaded back to the ship, it just gets stuck on a black screen. Do you just have to wait or is there a fix fo rthat?

i've had that happen a few times, maybe it unfreezes eventually but i've just had to force close the game

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Mortars are great for bot missions where, aside from some relatively slow melee beatsticks, you're mostly standing at range trading shots. For the bugs however it turns every one of the little bullshit bugs designed to pressure you in the melee into a suicide bomber.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Ulio posted:

I've found it sometimes eventually goes through if someone else force quits but sometimes you just have to be the one to alt+f4.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Boy am I bad with money. I bought super credits to buy the premium battlepass. Then, I bought the Super Citizen Upgrade so those super credits were basically a wasted purchase. Now, I have earned enough super credits to buy the battlepass for free anyway. FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY! The devs deserve the support, but holy hell am I stupid, lol.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

johnny park posted:

I've had that bug once, I late joined a mission where that was already the case so I have no idea how it happened.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

One bug I keep seeing is my title, emote, and celebration pose all revert back to what I had them set to a couple weeks ago. It seems to happen every time I spend medals. It's weird. Obviously not game breaking, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet. I did submit it to their Zendesk.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Apple Craft posted:

Boy am I bad with money. I bought super credits to buy the premium battlepass. Then, I bought the Super Citizen Upgrade so those super credits were basically a wasted purchase. Now, I have earned enough super credits to buy the battlepass for free anyway. FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY! The devs deserve the support, but holy hell am I stupid, lol.

hey let me introduce you to this game Star Citizen

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I've found it sometimes eventually goes through if someone else force quits but sometimes you just have to be the one to alt+f4.

Ya atleast u get ur exp before that happens...

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Bandire posted:

One bug I keep seeing is my title, emote, and celebration pose all revert back to what I had them set to a couple weeks ago. It seems to happen every time I spend medals. It's weird. Obviously not game breaking, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet. I did submit it to their Zendesk.

I kind of like this bug, it fits the random voice on respawn pretty well, but yeah I get it too.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I’ve already decided I’m keeping my cadet title forever anyway

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
When you're a Cadet, you accidentally friendly fire people because of inexperience.

When you're a SKULL ADMIRAL you friendly fire people because it was them or Liberty and a Helldiver never betrays Liberty.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Random rank per drop would be great.

Doing a Intel mission, get to the last objective... flares drops two flame hulks kill one, one lights me on fire as I parkour up and over a fence to leap of a cliff... into water deep enough to kill me.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

1stGear posted:

When you're a Cadet, you accidentally friendly fire people because of inexperience.

When you're a SKULL ADMIRAL you friendly fire people because it was them or Liberty and a Helldiver never betrays Liberty.

Also because the voice lines for being on fire are hilarious

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Picked this up and am pretty hype. Trying to convince some IRL friends to join me, as this'll be right up their alley

If my mates join later what happens wrt me having more hours than them, and them being 'underpowered' on progression?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Picked this up and am pretty hype. Trying to convince some IRL friends to join me, as this'll be right up their alley

If my mates join later what happens wrt me having more hours than them, and them being 'underpowered' on progression?

You'll have to pick up their slack vs big armored stuff in 4+ difficulty for a bit till they unlock EATs / Recoiless / Autocannon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t have it unlocked yet but I kind of love the Tesla tower. It’s so terrifying and gives no fucks about frying anything that comes into its radius lol.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Infinitum posted:

Going through this with some friends, it's not really a big deal you just run lower level stuff until they're comfortable bumping up the difficulty or just bump it up each run until it's too much then back it down. You'll also need to back off a bit and let them figure out how to use the right stratagems to take out bases and poo poo.

Make sure to introduce them to Eagle Strike, it's top tier for taking out bases and available pretty early.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Infinitum posted:

you choose the difficulty level of each 1-3 mission campaigns.

leveling up only gets you access to new stratagems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Infinitum posted:

Most weapons are sidegrades, the main thing is that they won't have the tools at the start to deal with heavy armour and at the very start they won't have any stratagems. Otherwise it's fine.