Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SH4 is ok, just one of those games I have no desire to play again

I was thinking of adding Nioh to this list but tbh I think I'm gonna tap out. thought I was in the home stretch but turns out there's one more region to go and a few more sprawling annoying missions to go through and I don't think I have it in me. It goes from being enjoyable as hell, to ok, and by the end the flaws slowly start to become more and more apparent and even with endgame gear and weapons, the loving constant one- and two-shots from random enemies is irritating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY

I hear the sequel is huge improvement which makes me glad because there's a lot to like here, it's just buried under a pile of horseshit by the final areas

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I really like it

i couldn't tell

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Good soup! posted:

SH4 is ok, just one of those games I have no desire to play again

I was thinking of adding Nioh to this list but tbh I think I'm gonna tap out. thought I was in the home stretch but turns out there's one more region to go and a few more sprawling annoying missions to go through and I don't think I have it in me. It goes from being enjoyable as hell, to ok, and by the end the flaws slowly start to become more and more apparent and even with endgame gear and weapons, the loving constant one- and two-shots from random enemies is irritating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY

I hear the sequel is huge improvement which makes me glad because there's a lot to like here, it's just buried under a pile of horseshit by the final areas

bad news, nioh 2 also drags on forever and gives mobs way too much health and damage. also 90% of the 80hr campaign takes place in the same Burning Village map and its nauseating 👍

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nioh 2 ftw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

extremebuff posted:

bad news, nioh 2 also drags on forever and gives mobs way too much health and damage. also 90% of the 80hr campaign takes place in the same Burning Village map and its nauseating 👍

gently caress :negative:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOxutBMCOUc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
DOOM 3 RESURRECTION OF EVIL

s'alright.
made me appreciate hl2's gravity gun given this has its own version that is a bit wonky. i remember watching a unity video where it said GRAVITY GUN IN UNITY and it grabbed objects and pushed them forward but it showed just how much sound design, particles and animation goes a long way to making the hl2 one feel so good. this one lacks a lot of those things, and while it adds some much needed gameplay bits that would be flat out impossible in regular doom 3, theyre used like twice before they mostly forget about it. its also a lost soul instakiller so it basically redeems itself just on that.

the artifact is fuckin cool, and i thought once i got berserker that it overwrote bullet time but it doesnt, so the powerups just stack. just like with the gravity gun, this lacked the polish that makes the slomo of something like fear really work, but its a welcome addition. also like with the gravity gun, they use it for like 2 clever puzzles at the start then forget about it for the rest of the game.
its also clear it was retrofitted into a game that wasnt designed around it, enemies take forever to spawn so once you kill the 2 dudes already in the room, you have to wait for them to spawn in slomo and by the time theyve materialized, your slomo is over. also its insanely op. still a welcome addition.

super shotty is good, but doesnt feel great either. its good to reliably oneshot imps tho. some environs like the sewer and the reactor core room look cool and were unique for doom 3. fast imps were neat, the tv mouth guys looked cool, and there was a room at the end that spawned lots of imps manucbi and poo poo and it truly really felt like doom for a second and then it was over.

overall, its ok.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1-20: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4050853&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post537514857

21. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
22. Sonic the Hedgehog
23. Sonic CD
24. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
25. Little Nightmares
26. Disco Elysium

Lived up to the hype completely like holy gently caress

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfoa Sick as gently caress...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

7. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

All endings. Awesome. Final final boss was painful but other than that, this was one of the easier Fromsoft games I've played? There were only a few missions that gave me trouble once I settled on my build. An incredible game and I want more.

Sekiro > ER > ACVI > BB > DkS2 > DkS > DkS3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload

5/5. I didn't know if I wanted this remake but I absolutely did. Nothing else much to say. Finished at 88% compendium which is probably my highest percentage in a fresh run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark souls 2 over 1 huh.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

In Training posted:

Dark souls 2 over 1 huh.

Yeah, after playing a lot of these types of games, 2 stands out because it’s weird. 1 of course is still S tier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

El Viaje de Diciembre (5 levels for Doom II, 2023). starting to work my way through last year's cacowards that caught my eye. this was a really excellent small scale set with a unique vibe. rusted out texas border town, with some industrial contraptions scattered around, moody, slow MIDIs and more brown than a Xbox 360 fps. I loved it, difficulty was a little all over the place. MAP03 "Fábrica de Penas" was really rough, for example. low ammo count, wide open map that i had to give a couple runs at, secret hunt and plan a specific path to even have a chance at survival. really loved struggling through it though which is the mark of a great mapper - nothing ever felt unfair or annoying, since it was like each room had just the exact amount of ammo needed to fight your way out - but then the next corner had more to throw at you.

lvoed it, and I think it was like 95% vanilla textures outside the added Texas flag and jesus drawing. lots of crosses and graveyards to find. would recommend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I read that as Coworkers Wads the first time and I was about to come off the top rope on you for taking your magnificent gamer lifestyle way past the point of believability.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I read that as Coworkers Wads the first time and I was about to come off the top rope on you for taking your magnificent gamer lifestyle way past the point of believability.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao making one of those Day In the Life tiktoks where I reveal I'm a beautiful 20something college grad on a Silicon Valley startup tech campus surrounded by equally beautiful 20somethinf women all making doom.levels 14 hours a day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

In Training posted:

Lmfao making one of those Day In the Life tiktoks where I reveal I'm a beautiful 20something college grad on a Silicon Valley startup tech campus surrounded by equally beautiful 20somethinf women all making doom.levels 14 hours a day.

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah, it's funny how this will never happen, dude. That's real loving funny.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, it's funny how this will never happen, dude. That's real loving funny.

*room goes quiet for about 60 seconds* well i probably gotta head out

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

His pussy’s a dick - it’s fucken helarious.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

power rangers theme blasting from my room

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

His pussy’s a dick - it’s fucken helarious.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light

Pretty good! Hard to say which I prefer, out of LL and 2033. IMO 2033 was a little more atmospheric, however LL was a little more refined, mechanically. The extra weapon customisation options were definitely appreciated. In any case, it was a good time! Not sure if I'll proceed straight to Exodus, or give it a break for a little bit, first.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

5 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Octopode Shapeshifter 15 runes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
3. Batman: Arkham Knight
4. Dead Space Remake: The original Dead Space is one of the first games I ever played enough to get the platinum trophy on so was pretty excited to play it again. Visually it's super impressive and mechanically they fixed or made a lot of stuff work better. I also liked the small additions to the story they added as well as making Isaac voiced. They also made Kendra much less of a psycho shrewish bitch every time she burnt the ear off you on the radio. They turned the zero gravity from just being able to jump from wall to wall in rooms to full on flying around in zero gravity. Which is a big change and must have taken a lot of redesign to do. I just think it kind of sucks unfortunately. it becomes really hard to orient yourself when fighting enemies that are flying all over the place and you're in a giant rear end room. Probably if they didn't insist in those annoying as projectile shooters in every 0G area and just had the melee enemies it would have worked much better. I liked the side missions they gave you to expand on the story and it's good you could add them to your tracker. There are a bunch of locked keycard doors though and you have to return to them much later if you want to get the items. This kind of sucks because the ship is pretty unintuitive to navigate and every are looks very same due to the setting. I really wish you'd been able to set custom waypoints and then use your tracker ability to go to them. A fun return but didn't feel the need to get the plat this time. Mainly because they added in a permadeath mode and that's not an interesting challenge to me in this game.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1-20: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4050853&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post537514857

21. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
22. Sonic the Hedgehog
23. Sonic CD
24. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
25. Little Nightmares
26. Disco Elysium
27. Little Nightmares II

I think visually and soundtrack wise I liked this more than the first, but it felt more frustrating at points than the first.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

1. Octopath Traveler 2

Finally.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush
4) A Plague Tale: Requiem
5) Secret of Evermore
6) Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Final Chapter Credits)
7) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Immortal)
8) Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Pretty crappy imo. Hilarious end credits song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

still playing this but credits rolled. Good stuff, not much to say really, it's monster hunter. think the last boss of the main game was better, this one felt a lot like akantor which is a fight I've never enjoyed

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig