Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SixteenShells posted:

I like how he posts like an early 2010s internet atheist pointing out logical fallacies and yet his whole argument rests on the ecological fallacy

It's even funnier that he was a liz lad. So in 2019 and 2020 he wholeheartedly believed the US needed big structural change, but has now found math that proves actually people are just too stupid to know how good they have it.

stancil is 100% accurately diagnosing himself but misapplying it to the general populace when he says voters are disconnected from reality and just go off of vibes and the faith that their perception of reality is universal truth

To my knowledge he also has never had a "Ok so here's how I was completely wrong 4 years ago and why I don't believe I'm making the same mistakes" response to people pointing out his about face turn, he just quietly ignores it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Is healthcare required for life?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1763979636390683096

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What leadership?

I strongly disapprove of the things that the Biden administration is doing, but the man Joseph Robinette Biden cannot be described as a “leader”.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Even ignoring her politics that’s creepy as hell and also imagine if Trump had done that to a head of state.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

The Demokkkrats are going to be destrroyed in 2024 (inshallah)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Biden probably thought that Meloni was some other politician entirely, who died in the nineties.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I doubt any deeper thoughts than "blonde lady, sniff hair" went through his mind. At this point it's just instinct

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/neekolul/status/1764049906938032504

:cripes:

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 07:09 on Mar 3, 2024

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I believe that he will win

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the collective opinion of goons is always wrong so biden probably will live through the election and win somehow. predicting a normal, rational outcome in us elections is for suckers.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the collective opinion of goons is always wrong so biden probably will live through the election and win somehow. predicting a normal, rational outcome in us elections is for suckers.

There is the very real phenomenon of polls being useless now. This thread was convinced a republican wave was coming in the midterms that never happened. I remember getting shouted down when I said there was aproximately zero chance that Patty Murray would lose despite her poll numbers showing it neck and neck:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/washington/

57 to 42. Polls couldn't predict a 15 point spread.

That doesn't necessarily mean Biden is going to win or we can unskew the polls somehow. It means they're useless.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
biden is going to lose because his entire campaign last time was about going back to normal and instead everything has gotten far worse, the polls are just a fun lil' confirmation of this

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Thoguh posted:

Even ignoring her politics that’s creepy as hell and also imagine if Trump had done that to a head of state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvrNJHiuj8

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Leviathan Song posted:

I remember getting shouted down when I said there was aproximately zero chance that Patty Murray would lose despite her poll numbers showing it neck and neck:

Yeah how dare those stupid goons trust polls over your arbitrary opinions. It's good you're here though to remind everyone of the grudge you're holding over it and that you are far more trustworthy than polling. Hopefully everyone around you will trust you this time.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

my prediction: Biden will win the usual safe blue states, Trump will win the usual safe red states and Michigan, and the other purple states could go either way depending on how motivated the Dems are to reelect a brain-damaged genocidal rapist

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Yeah how dare those stupid goons trust polls over your arbitrary opinions. It's good you're here though to remind everyone of the grudge you're holding over it and that you are far more trustworthy than polling.

It's not like I didn't back it up with evidence. She got over 50% in the primary which had a 40% voter turnout. That's better data than any poll sampling will ever do on an entire state. Not all primaries are equal but a Washington state primary is pretty solid evidence of who will win the general. The fact that polls conducted between two elections a few months apart showed results wildly out of line with the actual elections shows that the polls are terrible.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
well I'm convinced, whatever outcome this goon predicts is gonna happen

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think we can close down this thread.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

you do you but I’m just gonna not vote for either of the senile rapists and like smoke weed that day or something idk

I guess "support" is a bit of a stretch when my vote doesn't matter being in a solid red state. I think my use of the word is to be taken as "will defend in meaningless conversations".

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Leviathan Song posted:

It's not like I didn't back it up with evidence. She got over 50% in the primary which had a 40% voter turnout. That's better data than any poll sampling will ever do on an entire state. Not all primaries are equal but a Washington state primary is pretty solid evidence of who will win the general. The fact that polls conducted between two elections a few months apart showed results wildly out of line with the actual elections shows that the polls are terrible.

This is a thread for hope, sir

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I can't believe we didn't listen about Patty Murray

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jesus lol

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Cerebral Bore posted:

biden is going to lose because his entire campaign last time was about going back to normal and instead everything has gotten far worse, the polls are just a fun lil' confirmation of this

That is the American normal though.

I was asked what has Biden accomplished, and I came up totally blank. Even looking up pro Biden sites couldn't name a compelling example. It's all stuff that was already worked out independent of the White House for years and coincidentally came out during Biden's presidency, like COVID vaccines.

A few large spending bills were passed, but no one is able to list what those bills accomplished. The money did not translate into real world impacts. At most a bunch of legal rule changes were passed under Biden like specifics in housing discrimination, but there's no evidence of an impact. Shits still expensive and everything in American life is deteriorating.

The only things I can lay squarely in the hands of the White House are all massive policy failures, like all these immoral wars Biden is losing.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

who the hell is Patty Murphy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only W of the Biden admin is not walking back from the afghan withdrawal that trump initiated. They easily could have just reversed course but they finally ended American occupation of the nation.

It's a weak example though bc a) they immediately started sanctioning the Taliban, withholding domestic currency reserves and caused a famine and b) it was one of the most unpopular things he did during the presidency before oct 7 lol.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

The337th posted:

who the hell is Patty Murphy

she's from washington and we all thought she was going to lose. but she didn't. we shouldn't have done so much shouting down, if only we had known

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

the only W of the Biden admin is not walking back from the afghan withdrawal that trump initiated. They easily could have just reversed course but they finally ended American occupation of the nation.

It's a weak example though bc a) they immediately started sanctioning the Taliban, withholding domestic currency reserves and caused a famine and b) it was one of the most unpopular things he did during the presidency before oct 7 lol.

they didn't have much choice. the talibans were winning and it would have been even more unpopular to send more troops.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

people remember trump 2020 as that period of time when capitalism briefly wasn't crushing them into dust with the student loan moratorium (now ended under biden), the expanded child tax credit (also ended under biden), eviction protections (ended under biden), and inflation was low/nonexistent (now out of control under biden, everything is 20-60% more expensive and not coming down).

it was the most progressive administration via the pandemic programs since fdr even if it took scaring capital with the pandemic (pandemic protections also ended under biden).

biden has been absolute dogshit and prosecutes a genocide. roe v wade ended (he has done nothing to fight this). he murdered the green new deal and hosed the CPC over on BBB negotiations (intentional). military funding has increased (intentional).

gently caress the democrats and gently caress joe biden

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm not reading this, someone with greater constitution than I can summarize

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1764110969041469886

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
she had a weed gummy again [derogatory]

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hello CC

welcome to the desert of the real :cenobite:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
man november is gonna be funny

https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1764336189073465503

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

my prediction: Biden will win the usual safe blue states, Trump will win the usual safe red states and Michigan, and the other purple states could go either way depending on how motivated the Dems are to reelect a brain-damaged genocidal rapist

The only thing I can think of that will save the Dems is abortion. Maybe, juuust maybe, a national ban won’t happen under Biden’s watch during his second term. That’s the most anyone hopes for.

Roe getting axed spooked moderates longer than I thought. We’ll see if they’re still feeling that way in eight months. I can also tell Trump is trying to pump the brakes a bit with the anti-abortion faction, and it seems they’re kinda falling in line except for this latest IVF thing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The337th posted:

ping ponging between the two of them is probably the best path to hastening the decline

Trump 2024 - Biden 2028

I will vote for Biden if he runs in 2028. This is the only scenario I will ever for Joe Biden.

Well that's not true, I'd vote for him in 2032 too.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao hell yes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ukskew the polls 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

is there a way they could... both be president?

if they kiss, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Leviathan Song posted:

There is the very real phenomenon of polls being useless now. This thread was convinced a republican wave was coming in the midterms that never happened. I remember getting shouted down when I said there was aproximately zero chance that Patty Murray would lose despite her poll numbers showing it neck and neck:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/washington/

57 to 42. Polls couldn't predict a 15 point spread.

That doesn't necessarily mean Biden is going to win or we can unskew the polls somehow. It means they're useless.

I think it's particularly hard in the context of two horrible people running.