Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
"hmm, what if we made the rear end bigger"

*Types bigger rear end into prompt*

"Ship it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

management that is already starting to cut a corner is not going to stop when the deadlines start looming
it's not gonna be "but we promised not to use AI art"
it's gonna be "that art department is loving us again with these 2 day turnaround times, just have Steve generate something and then tell them to paint over it a little bit so we can pass it off"

this is honestly probably less corner cutting then what they were doing before

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

it isn't being used for concept art

looks like it's being used for concept art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

owlcat is probably freaking out because bg3 just completely wrecked the markets expectation of crpg production values and they are closer to ascii art at this point than keeping up

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

looks like it's being used for concept art

quote:

AI will be used exclusively for additional work with concepts and speeding up some internal processes (for example, for creative search, inspiration, or vision coordination before starting conceptualization itself).
The final version of the game will not have any art generated by the neural networks. The same goes for the final concepts. Everything will be original and drawn by professional artists.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

It gets grosser

boy you weren’t kidding. just punched a zombie so hard it’s eyes popped out and swung around in the optic nerves.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alright I'm up good morning. figured I'd give folks the night but now it's time to shift the AI repartee to its appropriate thread and find a new vg thing to get cranked up over

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

there's enough wiggle room in that completely non-binding paragraph where they could just pare down the extra fingers in some ai art and say it's not ai art. if you think it's just for reference material it's basically just a version of google image search that uses extra electricity for no reason so why even bother putting it in a job description?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

turn off the TV posted:

yea it sucks that all of the hard workers at pinterest.com who uploaded things like "cool knight armor.jpeg" are no longer going to be employed at owlcat

This guy fricken hates owlcat

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
using ai for concept art and getting incredibly lovely art with numerous errors ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

using ai for concept art and getting incredibly lovely art with numerous errors ftw

it will lead to cool enemies that are hosed up in ways a human would never think of (less fingers, weird eyes)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
u will battle fierce centaur ladies with giant boobs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1764224708797505640?t=mpTqkz9JrY8iYrENJyCNLg&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol british games

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol british games

They’re grand.

And yes, I do have a licence for them, m8.

https://youtu.be/B0RhXyznq7Q?si=w0zVGPN3ERlIBk0i

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Specifically mad at AI art and not the conditions that lead to it and the use of it here in the CSPAM video games thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1764326794046439913?t=oP8BpoyxO0baQGroSkWaPQ&s=19

I'm pumped

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

just slide the chains off ?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Goa Tse-tung posted:

maybe youre joking, but yes, it is literally better since you are not paying AI companies poo poo

no one is paying for this in tyool 2024 they're running a local copy of SD with whatever checkpoints and loras they like from civit

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

alright I'm up good morning. figured I'd give folks the night but now it's time to shift the AI repartee to its appropriate thread and find a new vg thing to get cranked up over

oh sorry I was on last page

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hey guys I just got paged to check in on this thread. It says here people are talking about the politics of working in the video game industry instead of how big tifa's titts are. Let's get it back on track okay? This is cspam not the high school debate club.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just woke up a little bit ago, what are people getting het up over

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

think im going to paint some concept art today

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

how big tifa's tits are

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Al! posted:

the ui/ux for classified france '44. it's actively hateful.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Hey guys I just got paged to check in on this thread. It says here people are talking about the politics of working in the video game industry instead of how big tifa's titts are. Let's get it back on track okay? This is cspam not the high school debate club.

I genuinely do want to hear your class war lexicon against computers when you get around to that

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Buck Wildman posted:

how big tifa's tits are

honestly way too big for a boxer like her, its wild to me that some people think they got shrunk in the remake

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

she's probably got back muscles like the incredible hulk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they should just put titty sliders in the game so you can make tifa's titties as big or small as you want. and rear end sliders.
actually games should have the sf6 character creator and you can just spend a few hours making a whole world of monster npcs to interact with

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tits? pfff.
tifas abs tho. marone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

1stGear posted:

honestly way too big for a boxer like her, its wild to me that some people think they got shrunk in the remake

i went and looked and holy hell lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
faithful recreation from lara croft polygon tits era. thank you for respecting gamers japan

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well obviously tifa would use the traditional sarashi before combat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

i went and looked and holy hell lmfao

tifa's tits were big? i had no idea, i just looked now, for the first time

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

video games are very excellent

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How do you think Shinra made all its money before getting into Mako power generation?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

its quaint seeing the low polygon stuff sort of faithfully adhered to

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Women come in different shape and sizes, vis a vis ergo Tifa is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Nonsense posted:

video games are very excellent