Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Women come in different shape and sizes, vis a vis ergo Tifa is good.

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

two Victory Royales this morning feeling very good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Suplex Liberace posted:

two Victory Royales this morning feeling very good.

more of a cubano kind of guy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
THE BOX IS OPEN! THE DAMNED ROAM THE ISLAND!
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1764347297813475643?t=IRRXznlwn5e1KYn_psFbbA&s=19
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1764347868872118566?t=tk0uWe9mOCk7gDpvkclfOg&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

darth goku what have you done

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've opened a portal to hell Buck Wildman.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

we've already used the dragon balls to fix this before we're hosed

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
How do these kind of live events even work when people are trying to kill each other and the storm is closing in on parts of the island?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

1stGear posted:

How do these kind of live events even work when people are trying to kill each other and the storm is closing in on parts of the island?

A bunch of it was peopling teaming in team rumble, streamers using their private servers to invite in people being chill, or people have a truce in game.

Last night I was in a match that had about 20 people working to shoot the chain and would focus fire on someone who would attack. When the storm moved so the arm wasn't in anymore hell broke loose snd it became a free for all.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

A bunch of it was peopling teaming in team rumble, streamers using their private servers to invite in people being chill, or people have a truce in game.

Last night I was in a match that had about 20 people working to shoot the chain and would focus fire on someone who would attack. When the storm moved so the arm wasn't in anymore hell broke loose snd it became a free for all.

That sounds like a lot of good old fun lol. I'm gonna hop in in a bit and check it out.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so what intellectual properties and other promotional partners are coming out of pandora's box

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
stayed up way too late driving around olympia but i finally made it decently into the middle zone.

drat everything requires a bazillion treesap or moon eggs and feels like i don't get enough relative to how long i get to hoover up loot.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

stayed up way too late driving around olympia but i finally made it decently into the middle zone.

drat everything requires a bazillion treesap or moon eggs and feels like i don't get enough relative to how long i get to hoover up loot.

you just need enough eggs to make a torch, then youll be thankful

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

this is really what driving around olympia is like

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Helldivers 2 is good.

I am the esteemed captain of the SES Stallion of Family Values :911:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

that’s right
(im only on chapter 4)

I'm also on chapter 4, but finished all the stuff for the first two regions. About to do the parade stuff. Gathering up soldiers. Junon looks cool.

One gameplay thing I like is how the Enemy Skills materia doesn't require getting hit by random enemies anymore, and now just requires you do simulation fights (that unlock from assessing a region's monsters). They generally seem really good.

Trying to play through this very slowly. Have over 20 hours so far lol. I kinda hope they give you more stuff to do in earlier regions later in the game, though I'm not counting on it.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Xaris posted:

It's rough but you start to get more comfortable in the mid zone eventually, some all terrain tires and the resource scanner helped me a lot to try and beeline for what I need to grab most. Putting some sweet racing stripes on my car also greatly increased my confidence level out in the zone. World is still a nightmare but I'm hooting and hollering all over it now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

you just need enough eggs to make a torch, then youll be thankful
i havent bothered to unlock that yet since ive got a ton of putty with liberal use of the recording station, but seems like it'd be annoying to replace?

i think the big thing is all the carboniferous plates or whatever is kind of annoying to make while also trying to save up for a few of the big upgrades. just been sticking with lead shielding and a few puncture-proof tires so far and seems to be doing alright

what are you running on the roof racks and side racks? solar panel and wind turbine doesnt seem to be doing poo poo, might be better to just stack side batteries or something

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Mar 3, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

i havent bothered to unlock that yet since ive got a ton of putty with liberal use of the recording station, but seems like it'd be annoying to replace?

i think the big thing is all the carboniferous plates or whatever is kind of annoying to make while also trying to save up for a few of the big upgrades. just been sticking with lead shielding and a few puncture-proof tires so far and seems to be doing alright

what are you running on the roof racks and side racks?

i havent even unlocked anything for the roof racks but for the side racks ive got a couple of saddle bags with replacement tools, repair kits, and extra gas/battery charge. then ive got a turbine to slow down battery drain from headlights and a lightning rod to soak electricity damage/top up battery

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xaris posted:

same but chasing new skill perks in last epoch only without the feeling of not enough resources or wasting time.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Real hurthling! posted:

same but chasing new skill perks in last epoch
it's too sunny to drive now so ill be doing that shortly. ive kinda tapped out of my bleed warlock though and started a falconer rogue so we'll see where it goes

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

I'm also on chapter 4, but finished all the stuff for the first two regions. About to do the parade stuff. Gathering up soldiers. Junon looks cool.

One gameplay thing I like is how the Enemy Skills materia doesn't require getting hit by random enemies anymore, and now just requires you do simulation fights (that unlock from assessing a region's monsters). They generally seem really good.

Trying to play through this very slowly. Have over 20 hours so far lol. I kinda hope they give you more stuff to do in earlier regions later in the game, though I'm not counting on it.

Kalm and Junon are amazing. You're going to have a blast in Costa del Sol, my friend.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xaris posted:

it's too sunny to drive now so ill be doing that shortly. ive kinda tapped out of my bleed warlock though and started a falconer rogue so we'll see where it goes

Put a blanket over your monitor and head so it blocks out the glare.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

can confirm. someone needs to drop a fusion bomb there to straighten 'em out. they just ain't right in the heads

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

drat horror queefs posted:

Helldivers 2 is good.

I am the esteemed captain of the SES Stallion of Family Values :911:

I'm the ombudsman of family values
Luckily I approve

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
fnln you should play pacific drive, you'd probably like it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have a cold and a 4 hour video essay on Starfield just dropped. I got nostalgic for the time I went to Neon, the dollar store cyberpunk planet. It was so dumb.

KirbyKhan posted:

Ugh I forgot about the drugs in my pocket and got arrested at the airport. I reloaded the save, did the drugs in front of security and walked through. Barrett told me in a distorted voice "You don't have to do this to yourself, you don't deserve this" the off brand edibles I also bought on this trip went through my inventory just fine both tines. THIS VIDEOGAME

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

I have a cold and a 4 hour video essay on Starfield just dropped. I got nostalgic for the time I went to Neon, the dollar store cyberpunk planet. It was so dumb.

barrett was talking about playing starfield lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

barrett was talking about playing starfield lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

starfield was so astoundingly bad, holy poo poo, who gave them a bajilion dollars to halfass every single part of the game haha every executive should be fired

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you have infinite skyrim and fallout 4 bux and you make starfield??? wtf is wrong with management at bethesda

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

starfield was so astoundingly bad, holy poo poo, who gave them a bajilion dollars to halfass every single part of the game haha every executive should be fired

Al! posted:

looks like starfield just got early access starting Thursday. the catch is you have to buy the 100 dollar edition to do so. im probably going to talk myself into doing it, like an idiot

Al! posted:

starfield owns, that's all i can say manlets

Al! posted:

after ascending, i'm learning to love starfield all over again. what a tremendous game, defintely goty
hmm.......

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yep, took a hard turn on it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i still say the writing is thoroughly and entirely unintentionally extremely funny

secret goebbels-obama guy hidden and protected by the DNC faction, y u no trust science?, and overpaid computer toucher carpet bagger faction MGOTW was very funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
its like bethesda had discendo vox write the entire game

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

crepeface posted:

which one/where are you up to in it?

ds1, just got to blight town

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

i still say the writing is thoroughly and entirely unintentionally extremely funny

secret goebbels-obama guy hidden and protected by the DNC faction, y u no trust science?, and overpaid computer toucher carpet bagger faction MGOTW was very funny

yep

Xaris posted:

its like bethesda had discendo vox write the entire game

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

in order to catch a hitler, youre going to have to recruit the help of a hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that quest concludes with hitler begging you not to tell the guards about the cell phone hidden in his butt, and then says he'll help you make money catching more hitlers if you dont tell on him