Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Quackles posted:

Um, I heard it's cancer...

My bad, i got some slightly bad info. You appear to be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
loving devastated to hear that. Dark Id LPs brought me to these dead, gay forums in the first place. His stuff were real bright spots in some lovely times and I definitely wouldn't be the Nier fan I am without him. I know his youtube account got nuked and that killed his motivation to continue here, but I always continued to check to see if he posted something new

gently caress

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I thought "Big C" was covid too for a second, gently caress man that's awful news :(

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Absolutely tragic, it was his Drakengard LP that convinced me to check out Nier and Nier Automata. Heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he knows he made plenty of things that meant a lot to a good amount of people.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he knows he made plenty of things that meant a lot to a good amount of people.

Honestly can't say much other than to second this.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he knows he made plenty of things that meant a lot to a good amount of people.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

poo poo. I only check this thread every couple of months, and to hear that kind of news ... TDI introduced me to Yoko Taro's work, which has been super influential for me. I even reread his Drakengard 1/3 LPs just recently.

Thank you, TDI, if you're reading this. Your work really meant a lot to me.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Thank you, Id. Let's Play won't be the same without you.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Yeah, TDI was one of my introductions to the world of Let's Plays, it's the poorer without them.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

A shout out to his Blackwell series as well - nowhere near as well known as Drakengard and some of his others, but among my favourite LPs.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

This subforum will be a dimmer place for his absence.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
He was one of a kind. He will be dearly missed.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
TDI wasn't literally the person who first got me aware of these forums, but he sure as gently caress was one of the reasons I decided to fork over the :10bux: and start posting. There was a time you couldn't swing a cat in the NieR fandom without hitting someone who discovered Yoko Taro because of his Drakengard threads. I'll always be in awe of his ability to wield the Close button with divine authority to keep his threads in line.

He deserved so, so much better than what he got. May he find it, and may he love that poo poo.

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Fedule posted:

He deserved so, so much better than what he got. May he find it, and may he love that poo poo.

<insert absolutely devastating picture of Papa Nier and Yonah walking into the light here>

ShallowKnave fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 3, 2024

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
drat, this really sucks.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Absolutely tragic, it was his Drakengard LP that convinced me to check out Nier and Nier Automata. Heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he knows he made plenty of things that meant a lot to a good amount of people.

Seconding this. He'll be missed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

CullenDaGaDee posted:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Fedule posted:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

May we all keep loving that poo poo in his memory :smith:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

EDIT: Now that I have been freed of illusions I don't have to say anything nice about him. Ever. Well-wishes RESCINDED.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 5, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Fedule posted:

Can't say this enough times

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Thank you Dark Id.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Fedule posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
I'm never gonna forget TDI or the LPs he did. I still use so many phrases he coined in his LPs, and getting to be a part of the community on his server is something I'm truly grateful for. It's...I'm gonna miss him...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All the poo poo he had dealt to him the past few years and cancer is going to get him. drat man :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Leal posted:

All the poo poo he had dealt to him the past few years and cancer is going to get him. drat man :smith:

I truly hate this world

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

CullenDaGaDee posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This is beyond awful. I got into LPing because of Id and his LPs like Drakengard and Dirge of Cerberus. So I'm yet another person who wouldn't be here on SA without him. So many things to say and yet words seem to fail.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I feel like we need to dim the lights, or something, in his memory, like how they do on Broadway when someone influential dies

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Happy Landfill posted:

I feel like we need to dim the lights, or something, in his memory, like how they do on Broadway when someone influential dies

Maybe we can get a custom forum style like BYOB has, except it's just the regular forum in dark mode.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I bought a PS3 for Drakengard 3 and I never would've done that if it weren't for TDI. Man, gently caress. That's horrid. It's messed up that that sort of thing can happen to people.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
gently caress, man. He really deserved so much better than life gave him. Thank you for the years and years of entertainment.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
this is miserable news :(

i just... dont have words at the moment...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

His FFX LP was the one I remember.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Fedule posted:

berryjon posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Chrono Cross was my personal favourite, he's one of the few who could do it justice

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I'm another one who joined the forums specifically because of his LPs. I don't even know what to say.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat. I didn't join the forums for his LPs, but I definitely found them some of the most memorable, and I followed along with every new one he posted up until Shadow Hearts (2?).

Farewell to a real one. Enjoy the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Yeah, one of the times that the paywall went up during the FFX LP was when I joined. TDI will definitely be missed.